Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN PROTON IRIZ OWNER THREAD V8, UPGRADE AND IMPROVE

views

danielcmugen
post Mar 24 2017, 08:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

QUOTE(Farlz_89 @ Mar 24 2017, 07:51 AM)
I see this site http://bateriku.com/bm/index.html.. its reliable?
I'm also see ads at mudah..provide delivery also
How can i know my car use what battery model? I'm noob with this lol.. mine is 1.6 cvt exec  sweat.gif
Century battery provides such service. Reliable.
danielcmugen
post Apr 23 2017, 01:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

QUOTE(jVIPERs2 @ Apr 18 2017, 04:29 PM)
Thanks for the effort placed in replying...

The reason I'm asking is because there was an update to my 2014 Iriz 1.6E CVT when I went for 30k serviced last Sat..

The car response is very similar to Persona based on my test drive memory.. Initial lag from standstill is very minimal now and the car is more eager to lunge forward...but what I noticed was previously i was able to cruise at 90km/h @2k rpm along LDP but now is about 2.2k rpm after update..

According to SA and technician, both ECU & TCU have been updated...or maybe it's also due to the fully synthetic that I switched to from semi synthetic...
What about the power kick-in lag at high rpm?
danielcmugen
post Apr 27 2017, 05:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

QUOTE(jVIPERs2 @ Apr 26 2017, 02:20 PM)
Actually the CVT in Iriz isn't that bad...release brake, let the clutch engage gear then accelerate...  It's a second or two slower than other auto cars, but keep the revs at 2k and it will go quickly! Anything above 2k rpm is a waste of fuel unless you're already doing 90km/h...

The problem is people's ego that the car should suit them, not the other way... But after the latest ECU & TCU update, even ppl like that have no complaints...
Until 4.2k is still good. Jz try not to go over it cuz the car will feel like it's over revving without anymore increase in power

This post has been edited by danielcmugen: Apr 27 2017, 05:09 PM
danielcmugen
post May 13 2017, 12:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

QUOTE(jtripleh @ May 12 2017, 02:27 PM)
Just wanna inform you guys that the latest ECU & TCU software update is available for the Iriz. Went to COE yesterday for 50k service and the car is flashed with the latest update. The throttle respond is now more linear and there is reduced jerking and sudden surge of engine rpm when flooring the pedal but not quite persona's level of refinement (maybe due to the Iriz's powertrain mounting & booming exhaust noise). Took quite a while (left my car at 9am-6.30pm) for them to solve other problems such as duplicating the keyless entry key for my 1.6 Premium CVT (saw about 4 white shirt engineers and few technicians gathering around my car for 2 hours). Have to go back to COE on Monday to change my engine mounting under warranty (no stock) and complete the coding for the new key. IP noise kit for dashboard rattling gotta schedule another appointment as it takes a full day to dismantle and reassemble the dashboard.

Was quite satisfied with the effort put in by the service team and saw improvements to Proton's dreaded after sales service. Hope this kind of service and professionalism will be replicated at other service centers nationwide. Patience and understanding however is required from customers as we cannot expect every problem to be solved in 1 day. What's important is that they put in their effort to solve the problem.
This is great news. My next service is coming soon. Looking forward to it biggrin.gif .

QUOTE(Lez Pall @ May 12 2017, 06:34 PM)
https://pandulaju.com.my/adakah-ini-proton-iriz-versi-2017/

Iriz FL spotted on the road. Looks like the black roof is confirmed and judging by the test car number plate, the 3 point mount/CVT update would be confirmed too. All else looks unchanged though, possibly a few changes in the final production version.
Oh no, my aftermarket black roof won't be unique anymore
danielcmugen
post May 18 2017, 02:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

QUOTE(Lez Pall @ May 16 2017, 06:50 PM)
Some info regarding the specs of the new Iriz, don't take all of it as 100% fact since it's merely 2nd hand info

http://www.funtasticko.net/iriz-refinement...yang-kami-tahu/

It's confusing that the Premium version supposedly doesn't have auto fold mirrors and auto headlights whereas the Persona has it. I don't mind losing the extendable sunshade or anti pinch window but that's a bit too far with cost cutting. Hopefully this isn't true once the official specs are out.
The current premium variant already got auto fold mirrors, how can they remove?

My 1.6 exec doesn't have auto-fold, not even electronic fold. Many friends look surprised when they see me manually folding my mirrors. Probably cuz even G-spec axia has electronic fold.
danielcmugen
post May 20 2017, 02:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

Just done servicing at COSE. 40k km service at RM290, not bad. No ECU/TCU update available though, even after I requested.
danielcmugen
post May 22 2017, 01:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

QUOTE(tokdukun @ May 21 2017, 10:44 PM)
Is your car 1.3L?

Oh man, just earlier seeing someone else got the update feels better linear output, I was getting really excited, now dunno what to feel sad.gif
1.6L
danielcmugen
post May 23 2017, 10:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

QUOTE(maverick1234 @ May 23 2017, 11:02 AM)
Proton Edar Glenmarie SC is a Gem.I had my 20k service here last week.The representatives are very friendly and answer all the questions.The whole service including installation of i/p noise kit and a new ac vent took approximately 3.5 hours.During my 10k i requested for extra padding for my dashboard area to solve minor rattles and since then the rattles are very less.As this 20k service is the last one with free labor i was a bit greedy and asked for installation of i/p noise kit.Now after the installation i see that there are new rattles at the dashboard area, minor ones though.Overall the experience at glenmarie sc for past 2 services has been very good.

How long stock tires can be used.So far the tread  until 20k is still ok and no skidding .Can they last until 30k i.e 10k more? I am very light footed smile.gif
Mine 32k currently, still got a lot of tread
danielcmugen
post Jun 18 2017, 04:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

QUOTE(subrok007 @ Jun 17 2017, 11:02 PM)
The fuel consumption for this car is good?
Im averaging about 8.5l/100km mixed city driving
danielcmugen
post Jun 21 2017, 01:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

QUOTE(rageLE @ Jun 21 2017, 12:09 AM)
What do u guys use as phone holder for iriz , can suggest me good ones ? Im often find myself using waze/maps to avoid traffic and holding it while driving is not very safe , appreciate the suggestions !

Edit : btw im using iP7 if that matters
Mine clip onto the aircond vent. Doesnt clip very well but still works. Iriz middle aircond vents are vertical, so dont have to worry about the phone's weight potentially bend/break the vent.
danielcmugen
post Jun 24 2017, 11:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

QUOTE(subrok007 @ Jun 23 2017, 11:11 AM)
If just pulling the door handle will unlock the door then for sure is unsafe for children whom naughty enough during car running.
Have the same thoughts as u. However, my friend's Cooper S is also like this. But as someone mentioned, enabling child lock is the solution.

Anyway, drove to Ulu Yam recently. The stock tyres felt quite lack of grip, I was struggling to keep up with the Elantra in front. The tyre had screetching sound twice and during 1 of the screetch, there was something blinking on the meter clustre. I initially thought it was ESC, but the blinking light was red (ESC should be amber) and somewhere on the right side (ESC should be left). Wonder what that was. Strange car.
danielcmugen
post Jun 28 2017, 09:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

QUOTE(northernhero @ Jun 27 2017, 05:44 PM)
Hey everyone,

May I ask how long have you guys use your stock battery? Mine is 40k km and SC told me that it is weak already and quote me RM230 for century battery, is the price ok ?

Besides, anyone replaced their steering rack bushing before? How much? I suspect it is worn out because now my steering feel loose and abit jerking.
Around 2 years, battery voltage still shows green though. I changed it cuz the battery guy said Century battery price is gonna hike up starting this year (not sure true or not). Replaced mine for RM180.
danielcmugen
post Jun 30 2017, 10:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

QUOTE(yadea @ Jun 29 2017, 04:07 PM)
Mudah and on iriz groups have a lot. Some come with tyre also so save cost. Im looking at Advanti. Heard <1k can get 1 set already.
So far i checked, after include centrecone, nuts n stuff also end up around 1.2k. Somemore limited designs for our iriz 8x114.3 bolt pattern. So I ended up with taiwan rim. May not be as durable but they are everywhere on the road so should be fine i suppose...for normal road use.
danielcmugen
post Jul 5 2017, 06:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

Now I'm unable to open my bonnet. I pull the lever and nothing happens. Haihh...

Wanted to check my engine oil level because i noticed a few drops of oil leak on the ground. Is it normal? I was told that it's normal if it occurs right after servicing, but my car last serviced 2 months ago.
danielcmugen
post Jul 22 2017, 12:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

QUOTE(WiLeKiyO @ Jul 21 2017, 11:51 PM)
2016 Iriz 1.6

The wind noise is just loud at high speed, I just realize because I don't normally drive above 120km/h.
QUOTE(abrar_iiu @ Jul 22 2017, 07:19 AM)
Record and post it here.. mine one is more towards  road noise.. or iam the one who tak reti cam.. hehehe
QUOTE(azyune @ Jul 22 2017, 09:12 AM)
haha I think in my case more tire noise than wind noise  sweat.gif
All I know is that at highway speeds I need to increase radio volume and shout if I ever wanna talk to passengers behind. Don't know whether wind or tyre noise. Still waiting for my stock Silverstone to wear out but treadwear seems too good.
danielcmugen
post Jul 27 2017, 11:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

Just had a look at Iriz facelift, the back doors sound less hollow now.

The pre-facelift model back doors sound even more hollow than kancil. But nevertheless can be fixed by applying those foam board.
danielcmugen
post Jul 28 2017, 10:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

QUOTE(lol~ @ Jul 28 2017, 08:38 AM)
other than that? how about exterior such as front and back look? from pic looks like there is no changes at all beside the wing grill and emblem
Looks the same. Just add new emblem, black roof, grille and mirrors.
danielcmugen
post Aug 9 2017, 11:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

Anyone changed to hankook ventus v2 concept2? How is it compared to stock silverstone?
danielcmugen
post Aug 15 2017, 12:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

QUOTE(jtripleh @ Aug 15 2017, 12:23 AM)
Go for the hankook Ventus v12 evo2. Around RM220 per donut.
Currently on the ventus v12evo2 on my Iriz 1.6 for a week and i must say it is a darn impressive tire coming from my previous potenzas re003. I changed to the potenzas after 5000km on the odo because the silver stone m5 was just shit of a tire.
The re003 was a great tire especially on dry surface and corners but it is just too extreme on noise at high speeds and transmit a bit too much of Feedback from our poor local road surface for my liking. They lasted a healthy 45000kms for a UHP tire with low threadwear count and considering I trashed it around corners frequently.
Enter hankook, the most underrated tire brand in the world I must say. The v12 is just superb around mid corners, surprisingly agile but twice as quiet as my previous re003. I think the tires immediate response to steering input is the best I ever encountered so far even better than the re003. Comfort is great as it soaks up most rough patch without problems. Dry Grip is good but slightly better on the re003, wet grip is however better on the hankooks. Just a bit more body roll present around  corners on the v12 compared to the re003. Braking distance is superb. Overall an all rounder and would buy it again in a heartbeat.
Thanks for the review. Will consider it.
danielcmugen
post Sep 22 2017, 12:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,493 posts

QUOTE(megadisc @ Sep 19 2017, 08:40 AM)
jb branch dont know whats wrong with battery
signal comes out low batter but verified battery is ok with tester
aduhai ...

quote 260+ for new proton batter
and 220 for oem battery ...

will it void wararnty ?
For me even after changing battery, still will appear "low battery" or "cvt malfunction" symbol whenever there's a weak crank when starting. They recalibrated the sensor or some sort, but still not resolved. Been like this for 2 years, I choose to ignore it as it doesn't happen frequently.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0184sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:27 PM