Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN PROTON IRIZ OWNER THREAD V8, UPGRADE AND IMPROVE

views

crayzee
post Mar 16 2017, 10:59 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

QUOTE(AliBaBa_King @ Mar 16 2017, 03:19 PM)
Hi all sifu, planning on getting second hand manual Iriz. But is the clutch light enough for our leg to handle traffic jam in KL?
It's light. I'm able to endure 2hour jam without leg ache. Never stall the car since i got the car while driving except when i engage it in reverse when i park at slope and i forgot about it when i start the car.
crayzee
post Mar 25 2017, 12:44 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

Anyone knows how to remove this part? It looks cheap with the black gloss and i plan to plastidip it tongue.gif

Attached Image
crayzee
post Mar 25 2017, 12:58 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

QUOTE(Musikl @ Mar 25 2017, 12:49 PM)
What color u going for?
Just matte black or maybe carbon fiber water transfer it
crayzee
post Mar 25 2017, 04:57 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

QUOTE(annas473 @ Mar 25 2017, 01:31 PM)
Water transfer look nice. Later share it here.
Found out lots of prep work needed.
Priming, base coat, hydrographics print and the activators and glossy top coat total cost about rm120 if i need to DIY @_@
crayzee
post Mar 26 2017, 10:40 AM

Enthusiast
894 posts

QUOTE(khairilyazit @ Mar 25 2017, 06:17 PM)
Wrap it je laa... lol
Good idea biggrin.gif
Just afraid it couldn't stick on curvy areas
crayzee
post Jul 28 2017, 12:36 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

I already almost solved all the rattlings in my car. Now my 1.6 MT is solid to drive again.

For those who had rattling problem in HU, a/c knob area and speedometer area. This rattlefest saver cloth tape solved my problem completely. Previously i was using electrical tape and it seems like it made some micro rattling sound after sometime. The electrical tape is not a good material to solve rattling between loose panel. It will produce rubbing sound that sounds like rattling after sometime. The vinyl tape is soft when hot and hardens when cold. My rattling only appear when cold, hot no issue bangwall.gif

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/12mmx15m-Un...000023.1.8DL5G2

This post has been edited by crayzee: Jul 28 2017, 12:38 PM
crayzee
post Jul 28 2017, 04:18 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

QUOTE(lol~ @ Jul 28 2017, 02:27 PM)
wow nice. do it come with sticky part on the other side like salotape? btw the seller entertain buyer who only wanna buy one pcs?
Yes 1 side sticky only. I bought 2 but actually 1 is enough. My order reached in 10days.

Ignore the previous link, i actually bought from this seller
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pc-Wiring-...2787698453.html
crayzee
post Jul 28 2017, 10:51 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

QUOTE(lol~ @ Jul 28 2017, 04:43 PM)
i see. thx! btw do u take any picture after the installation?
Supposed to be no difference after installation tongue.gif

My previous guide here when i was using electrical tape
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...&#entry80251650
crayzee
post Jul 30 2017, 11:13 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

QUOTE(Farlz_89 @ Jul 30 2017, 05:16 PM)
same item with this right? lelong

now no more rattling sound from HU?
Yes should be similar with your lelong link. This is branded (Tesa) hence more expensive price.
Right now about 3days i did not hear anymore rattling. I drove it up to genting today and it was solid. Previously I applied to my speedometer about 1 month back, no more reoccurring noises so far.
crayzee
post Jul 31 2017, 09:39 AM

Enthusiast
894 posts

QUOTE(Farlz_89 @ Jul 31 2017, 09:21 AM)
Oic..sometime i'm heard rattling at my HU..now feel wanna try your method but scared will broke the clip part  sweat.gif
My clips still intact after countless times opening it. Just be careful when removing the panel dont bend too much. Try to pull outwards in each corner after prying. Dont just pull from one side.

Another method suggested by forummer some time back is to push the clips from behind. Remove the glovebox and your hand should be able to access some of the clips below the HU panel.
crayzee
post Jul 31 2017, 01:09 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

QUOTE(Farlz_89 @ Jul 31 2017, 11:10 AM)
Oic..where your place? maybe we can meet and u guide me to do it? i will belanja u makan later  laugh.gif
Lol..lucky u..so now your cabin no more rattling noise?  hmm.gif
I'm based in Penang ler haha.
crayzee
post Aug 26 2017, 10:52 AM

Enthusiast
894 posts

Anyone using CC6 on their iriz? Any comments?
Plan to change as i find XM2 too hard and bumpy. 30k mileage and the tyre still look like new ohmy.gif
crayzee
post Aug 26 2017, 11:36 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

QUOTE(khairilyazit @ Aug 26 2017, 02:48 PM)
Yes.. NVH improved alot compared to stock M5.. against XM2 i dont know.. what your tyre pressure? Grip is adequate... i can still screech the tyres doing uturns.. rotated the tyres after 10k km and theres about 2 or 3mm left before TWI.. probably can last me 25-30k km, hopefully.. stock M5 lasted me 6..
Ok thanks, might consider to change to this. My tyre pressure 30 psi front 29 back only but maybe due to low rolling resistance tyres, the tyres is noisy and harsh on rough roads.
crayzee
post Aug 28 2017, 12:55 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

QUOTE(hawk1lo @ Aug 27 2017, 09:08 PM)
Hi guys, soon to join this club. I m considering to get the 1.3 MT standard version coz i enjoy driving manual, too bad this batch no more option for premium or executive. ( I do have budget go for CVT ) But just that no chance to test drive since the Proton HQ SA also mention whole malaysia do not have MT test drive unit. So.. basically i do not know how the MT version will gonna be. So far all feedback seems to mention MT is good. Any advice guys before i proceed?
When the iriz was launched, they had 1.6 cvt and 1.3 MT test drives. I tested 1.6 cvt first, and then later 1.3 MT. I book the 1.6 MT the following week brows.gif

QUOTE(azyune @ Aug 28 2017, 11:51 AM)
Unless it die under 1k service, very unlikey. Battery is consumable part. Whether SC or outside must pay for replacement. 20k only get low warning considered good already. If can stretch to 30k before flat is lucky.
MT is gooding yo  icon_idea.gif both stick and clutch are light and snappy.
Depend on your SA. Some will give you many free goodies, some may offer kind of rebates, faster loan process and better after-sales.
Better survey first which one is worth more.
hmm. my batt is still stock and no sign of weak batt yet.
2.5years 30k mileage. I seldom get stuck in long jam though.
crayzee
post Aug 28 2017, 06:01 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

QUOTE(annas473 @ Aug 28 2017, 05:57 PM)
Keep monitoring the battery voltage. Ramcar very long life for experienced user. I changed mine when up to 2yr. Should push it to the limit.
another car Saga BLM, RAMCAR lasted me 5yrs tongue.gif
but the car very low mileage, 9yrs old only 60k

crayzee
post Sep 12 2017, 01:48 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

QUOTE(northernhero @ Sep 11 2017, 09:42 PM)
Anyone experience broken screw in the steering which cause the panel in the photo loose?

I tried to complaint with authorized dealer and was told that it is not under warranty and they blame me the one who broke it. Went to COSE today to complaint, got a new steering replacement. Anyone who has the same problem please go to COSE and claim within 3 years biggrin.gif
[attachmentid=9125828]
How u broke that thing, the new matt one looks better biggrin.gif
crayzee
post Sep 15 2017, 09:56 AM

Enthusiast
894 posts

this morning rain i drove through in a puddle of water for about 10m in 60kmh. I didn't emergency brake but instead let the water slow the car down. Now my low pressure oil light came on. The car still drives fine, i can't check the oil level due to rain. What could possibly go wrong here?

Update: Started the car at 7pm the light didn't appear anymore. Oil level is ok. I guess the sensor got wet and shorted it.

This post has been edited by crayzee: Sep 15 2017, 08:06 PM
crayzee
post Sep 19 2017, 12:20 AM

Enthusiast
894 posts

This is an informative post. As you know, I own the 1st batch 1.6MT Exec 2015 (no 2nd batch, already obsolete). I had all kind of noises in the interior in the beginning. When complain during service they asked to make an appointment which i did not have time to do so.
I solved all the rattling problem by myself and i can say it's almost 95% silent now. It has been good for about 6months. Below are all the things i did in order (major and minor). Some of these might be common to you guys

Major
1. Dashboard-Windshield (This produces annoying rattling because of the dashboard installation is not flush to the windscreen. Passenger side dashboard tends to have sponge coming out as well. Solution is to buy the rubber strip http://www.lazada.com.my/16m-t-shape-car-s...0.0.e000PC&ff=1

2. Head unit krik krik sound. As posted in my previous post. This is caused by the head unit/ac vent panel (it's a single piece) rattling. Solution is remove the panel and use cloth tape those touching parts and joints (tape can be bought from aliexpress)

3. A/C knob and panel rattling. This produces krik krik sound. Removing the A/C panel not easy, it has 3 clips holding it, and i dropped 1 clip behind the dashboard while removing it. Luckily the missing clip does not make any sound and the panel can be fitted back without problem. Tape the rear of the panel joints with tape. The A/C knob is also loose, this can be pulled out by hand easily. Apply cloth tape to the surrounding area to make the knob tight.

4. A-pillar cover and panel near small window loose. I believe this is majority of iriz/persona issue that is famous and well known. Solution, just remove the cover, put some cloth tape and sumbat some sponge in the void area in the middle.

5. Door making faint vibrating sound. Can be heard when closing door and uneven road. Inside the door, both front passenger and driver have sound. They're caused by power window cable. Solution is to ziptie it to prevent it from vibrating freely.

6. Door making metallic knocking sound in driver door. Can be heard when closing door and uneven road. Loose lock mechanism have some play, you can feel the metal rod moving if you insert the keys and twist. Solution is to wedge some sponge.

7. Speedometer rattling. As posted in my previous post way back, use cloth tape.

8. Steering rattling noise. Caused by loose horn/airbag cover. Need to remove and apply cloth tape to make the cover fit snugly.

9. Small triangle vent above the A/C output at passenger side rattling. This is probably isolated issue only as the dashboard wasn't fitted flush, so got some play in the inside (Dashboard connecting to the vent). My solution is to remove the glovebox and wedge a rubber pad in between by inserting my hand inside it through glovebox area.

10. Spoiler rattle (1.6 Exec and Premium version). Remove the spoiler and apply cloth tape to the rubber part touching rear windscreen. Tighten it properly.

Minor - These are small annoyance, can be ignored but i try to do my best to kill it

1. Loose sun visor, this will make very faint rattling sound when you drive through uneven road. Solution is to make the sun visor latch area fatter to prevent play.

2. Rear 3rd brake cover loose, use a rubber/felt pad to wedge at the brake cover against the metal hatch body.

3. Glovebox hitting dashboard. Apply thick foam tape, can be bought from daiso.

4. Steering column cover. This produces knocking sound when driving through pothole. Solution is to open it up and apply sponge. I apply the butyl rubber (used to do door sound proofing) inside the cover to make it more solid.

5. There are some loose clips that holds the wires inside the door panel, not noticeable but i make the clip stays solid by wrapping with electrical tape and push back it in so in the future it won't get noisy.

Still unsolved

1. Rear rattling windscreen, sounds like something is hitting the windscreen but i couldn't identify the rootcause. Doesn't sound all the time, only 10% of the time when driving regardless smooth or rough roads. Sometimes rough road does not produce this rattling. Sometimes smooth road it makes loud noise like something hitting the glass.

crayzee
post Sep 21 2017, 04:21 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

QUOTE(KayKaiju @ Sep 21 2017, 03:28 PM)
Please let me send my car to you. 😁
I'd be glad to assist, but i'm in Penang tongue.gif
crayzee
post Oct 19 2017, 03:30 PM

Enthusiast
894 posts

I always get check engine light if i didn't depress the clutch properly b4 starting the car. Lazy to ask SC to clear it everytime i service the car. Bought ELM327 bluetooth to read out the error and clear the error.

Got this code P2176 Throttle Actuator Control System - Idle Position Not Learned

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0200sec    0.23    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:11 PM