Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN PROTON IRIZ OWNER THREAD V8, UPGRADE AND IMPROVE

lol~
post Oct 19 2017, 11:49 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(azyune @ Oct 19 2017, 11:44 AM)
Finally... biggrin.gif

No problem with lower height but compared to original 175/65/R14, with 195/50/R15 will be slightly smaller size, the gap between fender will slightly larger , your speedometer will slightly faster than actual (meter ringan). The 55 will be opposite of that.
thicker profile will always more comfy ride. Yeah I experienced it with 45 now, the shakiness is more obvious.  laugh.gif
i see. more thinner = more pickup and faster? and for comfort, more thinner = less comfort, right?

since i have a baby in near future, i think i will go for 55. just that i hope the shop do have 55. biggrin.gif
yadea
post Oct 19 2017, 12:52 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lol~ @ Oct 19 2017, 11:08 AM)
wow thanks a lot. certainly if that the case i will go for the standard 15 inch size with 6.5jj. currently i looking at either ne3 or j5. re003 too expensive sweat.gif. btw u got any recommendation for donut? anything similar or slightly cheaper also can
I'm using NE3 on my stock 14" rims. Its good for normal road but not good if ur a performance driver. For me since I touge from time to time, its not grippy enough. Planning to get 15" 7jj rims + UHP tyres.
lol~
post Oct 19 2017, 12:58 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(yadea @ Oct 19 2017, 12:52 PM)
I'm using NE3 on my stock 14" rims. Its good for normal road but not good if ur a performance driver. For me since I touge from time to time, its not grippy enough. Planning to get 15" 7jj rims + UHP tyres.
if its good for dry and most importantly wet road and cornering, its good enough for me. btw 7jj still legal right? i looking into 7jj also right now. scare later jpj tahan then i will be in trouble sweat.gif
maxsufian
post Oct 19 2017, 01:17 PM

Group: Newbie

hi..anyone know how much it cost to replace original fixed tire camber...my alignment and steering is not centered after changing to adjustable camber...i did alignment and balancing again at SC but was not fixed....at highway speed my car veer to one side like crazy....so Im planning to change back to the original chamber and do alignment at outside shop..anyone can suggest good shop?...pj/kota dsara area..TQIA
Stellios
post Oct 19 2017, 02:33 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lol~ @ Oct 19 2017, 12:58 PM)
if its good for dry and most importantly wet road and cornering, its good enough for me. btw 7jj still legal right? i looking into 7jj also right now. scare later jpj tahan then i will be in trouble sweat.gif
JPJ won't tahan la boss haha

Correction: Iriz + 7jj = good match, not 6.5jj. My bad tongue.gif
pr527b
post Oct 19 2017, 03:16 PM

Hi..looking for my first car..without bias to the name group..can u guys suggest between saga and iriz..

Looking for a car since need to travel to kl every weekend from ipoh..is iriz durable for that kind of usage and in terms of fc and comfort,which one better for long distance?
crayzee
post Oct 19 2017, 03:30 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

I always get check engine light if i didn't depress the clutch properly b4 starting the car. Lazy to ask SC to clear it everytime i service the car. Bought ELM327 bluetooth to read out the error and clear the error.

Got this code P2176 Throttle Actuator Control System - Idle Position Not Learned
lol~
post Oct 19 2017, 03:47 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(pr527b @ Oct 19 2017, 03:16 PM)
Hi..looking for my first car..without bias to the name group..can u guys suggest between saga and iriz..

Looking for a car since need to travel to kl every weekend from ipoh..is iriz durable for that kind of usage and in terms of fc and comfort,which one better for long distance?
only saga and iriz? if u want very good fc, go for bezza. but if u want a overall low cost car, i suggest iriz. plus the new iriz mc are way better than our current iriz in term of sound proofing, cvt lag and stock tire biggrin.gif.

if u want a car with boot, i would suggest u saga (since u only state these 2).

bold part:
durability for frequent travelling, not sure since i mainly use for city drive. can wait for other respond.
fc - yes and no depend on ur driving style. if 110 - 120 u will get good fc.
comfort - super yes! never felt tired or experience body ache before whenever i travel long distance.

just for your references, i usually use around rm35 - rm40 worth of petrol when ever i travel back to my hometown which is kuantan. ipoh and kuantan distance quite the same. so should not be a problem thumbsup.gif
jVIPERs2
post Oct 19 2017, 04:22 PM

LY.N Enthusiast

Value for money car would be the new Saga...

If you want to stand out from the crowd and feel like you own a 2017 car, then Iriz Premium is the way to go...
Stellios
post Oct 19 2017, 05:54 PM

Getting Started

If you have a family + always balik kampung, go for a Saga

TuneD bodykit is a bonus tongue.gif
jVIPERs2
post Oct 19 2017, 08:27 PM

LY.N Enthusiast

For those who are still considering;

Attached Image
azyune
post Oct 19 2017, 10:59 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Stellios @ Oct 19 2017, 02:33 PM)
JPJ won't tahan la boss haha

Correction: Iriz + 7jj = good match, not 6.5jj. My bad tongue.gif
If using 6.5jj but added spacer also can terkeluar so it's not about jj numbers or how wide the rims but how much the wheel is terkeluar from fender. The law said under 3" is safe.

For iriz yes 7jj just flushed well. So 8jj should still within safe zone. Over than that may become too obvious and attract attention.

I'm using 7.5jj though but the difference is not really noticeable at a glance especially when car under load it will flushed with fender too. At most I'm seeing about 1cm protrude outside when its parked.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Happy rims shopping rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by azyune: Oct 19 2017, 11:04 PM
tokdukun
post Yesterday, 11:18 AM

Casual

Hey guys, is there cvt software update for the pre-facelift models?
SyathibiyMegat
post Yesterday, 02:47 PM

Linguistics

Has anyone tried changing the spacer from 4 lugs to 5 lugs?
chikuera
post Yesterday, 05:26 PM

Nora Bagi 4 Stars!!

QUOTE(tokdukun @ Oct 20 2017, 11:18 AM)
Hey guys, is there cvt software update for the pre-facelift models?
did my service on last tuesday. they said no cvt update atm..only eps update lol
KayKaiju
post Yesterday, 06:15 PM

I just pumped 20 liters (RON95) a couple of days ago. Driven barely over 200kms and I've just 1 bar left. I feel like the fuel consumption is too much since I don't even foot the gas pedal down.
davidletterboyz
post Yesterday, 09:50 PM

Der Kaiser

QUOTE(KayKaiju @ Oct 20 2017, 06:15 PM)
I just pumped 20 liters (RON95) a couple of days ago. Driven barely over 200kms and I've just 1 bar left. I  feel like the fuel consumption is too much since I don't even foot the gas pedal down.
Yours is hardly an accurate measurement.
Please pump full, reset the odo and drive. Then pump full again when you need to. Check the volume written on the receipt. FC rate = Distance / volume = blablabla km/litre.
Don't forget the FC also depends on your route type as well. Highway vs traffic jam.
yadea
post Yesterday, 11:54 PM

Getting Started

Many of my Iriz friends use 7jj. No issues with jpj as tyre didnt pass the fender.

QUOTE(azyune @ Oct 19 2017, 10:59 PM)
If using 6.5jj but added spacer also can terkeluar so it's not about jj numbers or how wide the rims but how much the wheel is terkeluar from fender. The law said under 3" is safe.

For iriz yes 7jj just flushed well. So 8jj should still within safe zone. Over than that may become too obvious and attract attention.

I'm using 7.5jj though but the difference is not really noticeable at a glance especially when car under load it will flushed with fender too. At most I'm seeing about 1cm protrude outside when its parked.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Happy rims shopping  rclxms.gif
Ive seen 8jj on iriz and its scary. Look like could potentially scrape fender if go over bump.

I just did PJ >Taiping > Ipoh > Camerons > PJ recently in my 1.3 Iriz. Mainly highway drive got me 12.x km/l and Camerons got me 10.x due to mountain road + lots of jam as in very long jam(bye clutch). Comfort wise is fine, my parents were sleeping at the back seats. For long distance if you need the boot space, I'd recommend the saga as it should have much more boot space as well as lighter so possibly more fuel efficient.

QUOTE(KayKaiju @ Oct 20 2017, 06:15 PM)
I just pumped 20 liters (RON95) a couple of days ago. Driven barely over 200kms and I've just 1 bar left. I  feel like the fuel consumption is too much since I don't even foot the gas pedal down.
You may not be hard on the gas but it depends on the type of roads that u drive in. City drive would consume more as theres more start and stop movement + jam. Hilly areas require u to climb the hills so more fuel required. Highway, you tend to accelerate until you can cruise.

84 Pages « < 82 83 84Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0449sec    1.88    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 07:34 AM