Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN PROTON IRIZ OWNER THREAD V8, UPGRADE AND IMPROVE

azyune
post Oct 15 2017, 11:08 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(hawk1lo @ Sep 27 2017, 04:27 PM)
Brake light dismantling, anyone?
To replace the bulb? just pull out the cover downward when the tailgate is up. no unscrew needed.

QUOTE(kruzae @ Sep 28 2017, 12:51 PM)
Hi. I’m not sure whether this question have been ask before. Already search but didnt found anything helpful..

Can we upgrade our HU (old pre-2017) to the new one? I already called proton and was quoted rm2547(not including GST, from proton edar Kuching) but they can’t do the upgrade because was told it requiring some modification(?wire tap). So Im thinking of getting one from proton then ask the outside shop to do the job. Anyone have try this before? If so how much? Seriously fed-up with the current HU(slow, buggy bluetooth, confusing radio interface, generally bad UI).

Prefer the original HU from proton anyways, not interested with third party HU..scared about the quality issues.
You fed up with stock HU quality but expect third party is worse? confused.gif Normally its backwards, and way way more worth the price alone.

QUOTE(crazy_bear @ Oct 12 2017, 12:42 AM)
ya, i try my viva is ok to unlock but his car not sure what happen the key could not turn.
Need more steering wiggle hmm.gif
chikuera
post Oct 15 2017, 12:52 PM

Nora Bagi 4 Stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Ricky300 @ Oct 15 2017, 01:43 AM)
U want something worth?

Get used 1.3 Exec 2015 car..i think u can get it below 28k
where got? manual summore..i dont think dealer have this stock..or need to wait for DRB-HICOM open day rclxms.gif
HBI
post Oct 15 2017, 01:25 PM

QUOTE(Ricky300 @ Oct 15 2017, 01:43 AM)
U want something worth?

Get used 1.3 Exec 2015 car..i think u can get it below 28k
No used car for me... I want the 5 yrs free service + peace of mind..
kruzae
post Oct 15 2017, 02:27 PM

QUOTE(azyune @ Oct 15 2017, 11:08 AM)
You fed up with stock HU quality but expect third party is worse?  :confused: Normally its backwards, and way way more worth the price alone.
From my experience only. Used to hv a third party hu for my kancil, end up drained power too much until battery always kong. Also my brother’s hu display have weird tint like a broken old tv.

Only need some good hu that have good bluetooth, can play spotify from phone n hopefully good ui. I’m open to third party hu if its really good tho. Any recomendation? Have anyone here changed their HU?
chikuera
post Oct 15 2017, 03:41 PM

Nora Bagi 4 Stars!!

QUOTE(kruzae @ Oct 15 2017, 02:27 PM)
From my experience only. Used to hv a third party hu for my kancil, end up drained power too much until battery always kong. Also my brother’s hu display have weird tint like a broken old tv.

Only need some good hu that have good bluetooth, can play spotify from phone n hopefully good ui. I’m open to third party hu if its really good tho. Any recomendation? Have anyone here changed their HU?
need to get the reputable brand i guess..not the taiwan universal etc..

pioneer, sony, kenwood u name it..but the price is quite high but at 4xx-7xx can get a good one
azyune
post Oct 15 2017, 04:19 PM

Getting Started

Well maybe that issue happened from unknown brand+ poor installation. Better avoid lcd HU that only cost like 400++

Since you are willing to spend 2.5k++ on HU alone that can have wider choices from leading brands

Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine are top 3 leader. never go wrong with these premium product lines. After that Sony, JVC, Blaupunkt, Clarion is more budget friendly.

I did changed mine for 2.5k also but for whole system. A Mainland branded universal android unit. Every functions is there, wouldn't ask for anything else anymore. rolleyes.gif

danielcmugen
post Oct 15 2017, 04:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(jVIPERs2 @ Oct 14 2017, 10:19 AM)
Look at the cracks on my Silverstone;
[attachmentid=9239339]
How many km?

Mine 37k km, front left start to botak on the outer side. But front right still ok. hmm.gif
Ricky300
post Oct 15 2017, 06:34 PM

Regular

QUOTE(chikuera @ Oct 15 2017, 12:52 PM)
where got? manual summore..i dont think dealer have this stock..or need to wait for DRB-HICOM open day  rclxms.gif
Used car la bro
mytmnet
post Oct 16 2017, 10:55 AM

Getting Started

Hi, I also at the middle way to change my base line Proton HU to high line proton HU. biggrin.gif

Issue will facing when upgrade from base line HU to high line HU:

Normal Iriz lacking of following item:
1. GPS antenna (Fakra connector)
2. FM antenna converter (From plug type to Fakra connector)
3. Reverse cam video input, reverse light input, parking input

I didn't wish to use aftermarket one because lazy to find the suitable bracket for HU, although all wire can be convert with no issue by using converter which will no void your warranty (no wire cut)
Attached Image

Additional item I purchase for the upgrade:

1. Reverse cam set
2. Wire joining tools

This post has been edited by mytmnet: Oct 16 2017, 10:57 AM
azyune
post Oct 16 2017, 12:25 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mytmnet @ Oct 16 2017, 10:55 AM)
Hi, I also at the middle way to change my base line Proton HU to high line proton HU. biggrin.gif

Issue will facing when upgrade from base line HU to high line HU:

Normal Iriz lacking of following item:
1. GPS antenna (Fakra connector)
2. FM antenna converter (From plug type to Fakra connector)
3. Reverse cam video input, reverse light input, parking input

I didn't wish to use aftermarket one because lazy to find the suitable bracket for HU, although all wire can be convert with no issue by using converter which will no void your warranty (no wire cut)
Attached Image

Additional item I purchase for the upgrade:

1. Reverse cam set
2. Wire joining tools
As you said, even changing to stock 1.6 HU will not have 100% compatible wiring connection mean there is really no point of using wire harness converter, since you want adding third party reverse cam and all etc external connections, you are bound to have direct wiring job in some way. With that hassle why not going for aftermarket one already, all confirm complete with gps module, standard fm antenna, standard reverse cam... in combo package or buy separately biggrin.gif

Btw it's lucky that iriz just using universal 2DIN size without any weird dashboard faceplate, no more custom faces to bother. I don't even need the frame gap cover as the HU face was filled and flushed so well with dashboard. Yes you cannot re-used the original mounting bracket but there's no need to buy new one either. L-shaped bracket can be easily made customized by shop installer along the process.

Another thing, does Sc really care whether you use wire harness or wire cutting as they only see the fact that the aftermarket HU is installed. How are you going to stand with no-wire cut matter with them. And AFAIK related warranty for old entertainment system already gone at this point. hmm.gif rolleyes.gif
mytmnet
post Oct 16 2017, 12:41 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(azyune @ Oct 16 2017, 12:25 PM)
As you said, even changing to stock 1.6 HU will not have 100% compatible wiring connection mean there is really no point of using wire harness converter, since you want adding third party reverse cam and all etc external connections, you are bound to have direct wiring job in some way. With that hassle why not going for aftermarket one already, all confirm complete with gps module, standard fm antenna, standard reverse cam... in combo package or buy separately biggrin.gif

Btw it's lucky that iriz just using universal 2DIN size without any weird dashboard faceplate, no more custom faces to bother. I don't even need the frame gap cover as the HU face was filled and flushed so well with dashboard. Yes you cannot re-used the original mounting bracket but there's no need to buy new one either. L-shaped bracket can be easily made customized by shop installer along the process.

Another thing, does Sc really care whether you use wire harness or wire cutting as they only see the fact that the aftermarket HU is installed. How are you going to stand with no-wire cut matter with them. And AFAIK related warranty for old entertainment system already gone at this point. hmm.gif  rolleyes.gif
This wire harness is for those who want to change to Sony / Pioneer / Kenwood use. smile.gif
As with the harness we don't need to cut exiting wire to connect to new HU wire.

SC stated that what ever wire cut happen, entire wire is out of warranty, mean if ICE cable was cut, entire ICE related part is out of warranty (wire to speaker and etc.) SC suggestion on ICE modify is if you want to add reverse camera or add in any things, just make the new cable, don't mess up with exiting one.

Most of the wire is compatible with Blaupunkt system which mean if you are changing to a Blaupunkt system, the modification is less, no harness needed and almost plug and play. Proton customization is on part C and D only which if you give up exiting USB and AUX input, all other will working as normal.

Attached Image
azyune
post Oct 16 2017, 01:00 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mytmnet @ Oct 16 2017, 12:41 PM)
This wire harness is for those who want to change to Sony / Pioneer / Kenwood use. smile.gif
As with the harness we don't need to cut exiting wire to connect to new HU wire.

SC stated that what ever wire cut happen, entire wire is out of warranty, mean if ICE cable was cut, entire ICE related part is out of warranty (wire to speaker and etc.) SC suggestion on ICE modify is if you want to add reverse camera or add in any things, just make the new cable, don't mess up with exiting one.

Most of the wire is compatible with Blaupunkt system which mean if you are changing to a Blaupunkt system, the modification is less, no harness needed and almost plug and play. Proton customization is on part C and D only which if you give up exiting USB and AUX input, all other will working as normal.

Attached Image
Yup the harness thing is true, also yes the original usb and aux port is unusable one you change to new HU.

But...Eh.... but to get the signal for reverse cam to on you need to tap onto existing reverse light power line. That is wiretapping already. How are you going to do otherwise, or am I missing something?
mytmnet
post Oct 16 2017, 01:59 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(azyune @ Oct 16 2017, 01:00 PM)
Yup the harness thing is true, also yes the original usb and aux port is unusable one you change to new HU.

But...Eh.... but to get the signal for reverse cam to on you need to tap onto existing reverse light power line. That is wiretapping already. How are you going to do otherwise, or am I missing something?
Depend on the guy how to work around without cut the wire brows.gif
I saw some case they managed no to cut, it all depend on shop you found thumbup.gif

For my case, I am too lazy to sent the car to shop so DIY.
Down side is time spending on finding those harness. wink.gif

83 Pages « < 81 82 83Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0990sec    4.70    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 10:10 AM