mugenh22a
post Jul 7 2008, 12:49 PM

44 posts

i agreed muar otak otak taste better..
magnum
post Jul 8 2008, 01:47 PM

On my way
586 posts

guys.. it's halal place? cox i have a malay collegue following .... but i'm not sure whether she wants to go there or not. jsut in case..
4Rings
post Jul 8 2008, 04:55 PM

Lord of the Rings
1,783 posts

Both places are Halal, not to worry.
hax123
post Jul 24 2008, 09:50 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

guys, how long does it take to drive from kl to cherating?
heard from some it's 4-5 hrs, while others said 2-3 hrs...quite a discrepancy there
so which is true reali?
and i supposed there's onli 1 fastest route through karak highway right?
TSimperialrealcs
post Jul 25 2008, 02:33 AM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

yes, take the karak highway is the fastest.. or alternatively u can take old road free but zig zag all the way lol..
4-5hours imo.. 2-3 hours only get u to temerloh somewhere
hax123
post Jul 27 2008, 12:11 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

Impiana Resort Cherating is located about 2 1/2 hours drive or 45 minutes flight from Kuala Lumpur

that's according to the official Impiana website.
4-5 hours is Karak-EastCoastHighway-Cherating right?
sweat.gif sorry, just i was thinking to go on weekends if the journey doesnt take too long. if not gonna wait til public holiday or taking leaves. so gotta be sure on the travelling time.

thanks a lot!
TSimperialrealcs
post Jul 27 2008, 12:27 AM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

QUOTE(hax123 @ Jul 27 2008, 12:11 AM)
that's according to the official Impiana website.
4-5 hours is Karak-EastCoastHighway-Cherating right?
sweat.gif  sorry, just i was thinking to go on weekends if the journey doesnt take too long. if not gonna wait til public holiday or taking leaves. so gotta be sure on the travelling time.

thanks a lot!
wow 2.5 hours.. i wonder what was the average travelling speed when they do the test
hax123
post Jul 27 2008, 12:50 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

hmm....i did a further research on the route. not sure if im correct, it's all based on figures.
karak highway end to end (60km) + east coast highway end to end...exit at Jabur (174km), an average travelling speed of 100km/h for a total of 234km is around 2.5+- hrs.

quote from the highway website....
The 60 km KLK is the main thoroughfare connecting the Klang Valley and Karak Town whilst the 174km ECE 1 begins from Karak to Jabur

ur time given is exit at Kuantan?
TSimperialrealcs
post Jul 27 2008, 12:09 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

QUOTE(hax123 @ Jul 27 2008, 12:50 AM)
hmm....i did a further research on the route. not sure if im correct, it's all based on figures.
karak highway end to end (60km) + east coast highway end to end...exit at Jabur (174km), an average travelling speed of 100km/h for a total of 234km is around 2.5+- hrs.

quote from the highway website....
ur time given is exit at Kuantan?
based on my gps map reading (which should deemed accurate), total distance from gombak toll to impiana door is 270km
btw, imposibble for u to get average 100km/h
especially in karak highway where there are tonnes of deadly corner nod.gif
anyhow, juz can tell u that real life experience took 3~4hours to there.. not forgetting u will be somewhere in the outskirt of kuantan and i was stucked in traffic jam there sweat.gif
jiwa
post Oct 16 2008, 05:43 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(imperialrealcs @ Mar 6 2007, 10:57 AM)
hmm, those langkawi, pangkor etc arent suitable for 1 night only.. coz i'll be goin there in saturday morning n back by sunday evening loh.. any more simple place ar but want seaside XD
btw, i've went to langkawi last year n tanjung rhu water is very dark leh.. on the other hand, i think pantai chenang water are more clear than tanjung rhu but still not clear lah.. plan to visit pulau perhentian end of the year.. can i book now ar to get early bird XD
Best water in Langkawi is Pantai Tengkorak, (on the way to The Datai/Andaman resorts). The beach sand is amazing, like powder. Tg. Rhu also comes 2nd. Have not tried the islands yet. Cenang, Pantai Kok, just a wee bit better than Pg.

Anyway, if your comparison is 'toxic' PD, then any of these will be great.

Rgds,
toratora
post Oct 30 2008, 11:53 AM

2 posts

anybody went to club med cherating recently?

How was it and what is the package cost?

Is it me or their website seriously confusing and no info on room rates? rclxub.gif

naughtyspirit
post Nov 5 2008, 02:30 AM

40 posts

planning to go cherating this christmas...any suggestion on hotel and wat to do there??
stimix
post Nov 5 2008, 09:16 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Nothing much in Cherating. But fantastic relaxation vacation by lying at the beach doing nothing, sunbathing & during December watching hi-wave punching the beach. U can't swim during this time but for diehard fan surfing is great. biggrin.gif

Hotels in Cherating:

1) Cherating - Holiday Villa / Legend/Lagoona/Tanjung Inn/Coconut Inn/Cherating Cottage/Residence Inn/ Cherating Bay (Abit inland)
2) Club Med area - Club Med / The Place Resort
3) North Cherating (At Trengganu border) - Impiana Resort /Suria Cherating

Things to do in Cherating:
1) Sunbathing, reading, surfing, visit some local souvenir shops around Kg Cherating
2) Turtle Santuary located opposite Club Med
3) Kemaman/Chukai town (Just 10km away from Cherating) - Try Haipeng Kopitiam, Stuff Crab restaurants

QUOTE(naughtyspirit @ Nov 5 2008, 02:30 AM)
planning to go cherating this christmas...any suggestion on hotel and wat to do there??
This post has been edited by stimix: Nov 5 2008, 09:18 AM
faizalmzain
post Nov 5 2008, 10:25 AM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(imperialrealcs @ Jul 27 2008, 12:27 AM)
wow 2.5 hours.. i wonder what was the average travelling speed when they do the test
depends on your driving speed...
last time i went to cherating, i drive within speed limit
so it took me about 3-4 hours.

KL-cherating around 250km, so you do the math.

e30
post Nov 23 2008, 10:51 PM

JFT 96
1,188 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ Nov 5 2008, 09:16 AM)
Nothing much in Cherating. But fantastic relaxation vacation by lying at the beach doing nothing, sunbathing & during December watching hi-wave punching the beach. U can't swim during this time but for diehard fan surfing is great.  biggrin.gif

Hotels in Cherating:

1) Cherating - Holiday Villa / Legend/Lagoona/Tanjung Inn/Coconut Inn/Cherating Cottage/Residence Inn/ Cherating Bay (Abit inland)
2) Club Med area - Club Med / The Place Resort
3) North Cherating (At Trengganu border) - Impiana Resort /Suria Cherating

Things to do in Cherating:
1) Sunbathing, reading, surfing, visit some local souvenir shops around Kg Cherating
2) Turtle Santuary located opposite Club Med
3) Kemaman/Chukai town (Just 10km away from Cherating) - Try Haipeng Kopitiam, Stuff Crab restaurants
hey if i go to cherating next friday for the weekend the waves will be rough?? cannot swim izzit???
jeremy0
post Nov 23 2008, 11:09 PM

This
2,095 posts

If u go to cherating, from KL it would take u about 3 hours if u drive averaging 140kmph on the nicer spots and 90km on the karak spots....do note that there are a lot of construction going on from karak to jengka stretch.

Drive straight till the end and exit there. Its Jabor interchange if I'm not mistaken. There are earlier exits which runs through kuantan town but i wouldn't recommend it. Once u exit the highway, u'll drive about 10kms until an intersection where turn left to head to kemaman and right towards kuantan port. If ur staying in cherating, then head towards kemaman town.

I wouldn't recommend staying at Impiana due to a few things:
-room is quite old and poorly maintained
-breakfast spread is lousy
-room service quality is lousy
-no ramps for disable people and family with children.
-there are no safe for u to keep valuables. (Some travel sites mentioned that there are cases where their rooms were broken in to.
e30
post Nov 25 2008, 09:47 PM

JFT 96
1,188 posts

any idea how the weather is like in cherating this week? planning to go this friday-sunday? but scared raining there.. any tips?
cingoh85
post Nov 26 2008, 04:24 AM

16 posts

Im going thurs- sat...haha..so any weather forecast??

e30..who knows we might run into each other there..lol

am online to look for ways to get there..cos abit sesat..wonder where to turn off from karak to the kuantan expressway..lol
stimix
post Nov 26 2008, 10:06 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

Whole week Thunderstorm!
http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/48657.html

e30
post Nov 27 2008, 05:01 PM

JFT 96
1,188 posts

QUOTE(stimix @ Nov 26 2008, 10:06 AM)
crap. thanks man. saved me a trip i would've regretted.

15 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0336sec    0.11    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:16 AM