Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Do you prepare Perfoma Invoice for your clients?

views

TSVincentccw
post Mar 12 2017, 01:54 PM, updated 8y ago

Casual
360 posts

I noticed in Malaysia, client only interested in sending them Quotations and Invoices, when I deal with few clients once they approved the quotation they immediately asked for Invoice instead of performa invoice (I send them PI and their account rejected it and ask me for invoice instead). Some client request before the down payment is made some request after!? confused.gif confused.gif

Shouldn't the standard procedure be letting the client sign the PI first then only they remit the down payment, once the service is done then they made the remaining payment. After that I only issue them the invoice. Shouldn't how the procedure suppose to be like this?
NightHeart
post Mar 12 2017, 04:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(Vincentccw @ Mar 12 2017, 01:54 PM)
I noticed in Malaysia, client only interested in sending them Quotations and Invoices, when I deal with few clients once they approved the quotation they immediately asked for Invoice instead of performa invoice (I send them PI and their account rejected it and ask me for invoice instead). Some client request before the down payment is made some request after!? confused.gif  confused.gif

Shouldn't the standard procedure be letting the client sign the PI first then only they remit the down payment, once the service is done then they made the remaining payment. After that I only issue them the invoice. Shouldn't how the procedure suppose to be like this?
If you want prompt & trouble-free payment, just follow your client's procedures.

I hardly encounter proforma invoice, maybe it's only common in certain industries.
gamestotal
post Mar 16 2017, 10:38 PM

Enthusiast
724 posts

QUOTE(Vincentccw @ Mar 12 2017, 01:54 PM)
I noticed in Malaysia, client only interested in sending them Quotations and Invoices, when I deal with few clients once they approved the quotation they immediately asked for Invoice instead of performa invoice (I send them PI and their account rejected it and ask me for invoice instead). Some client request before the down payment is made some request after!? confused.gif  confused.gif

its technically a half-quotation half-invoice. agreed that some big companies like petronas (and all their subs) dont accept proforma, and only invoice plus in their format.

i normally issue proforma for things which arent confirmed, and invoice fro confirmed ones
esms
post Apr 16 2017, 11:06 PM

7 posts

I have some clients who requested only the Invoice as well, one of them requires the word "Tax Invoice" to be there.

Guess all they need is just a proof for tax declaration purpose.
gamestotal
post Apr 20 2017, 01:24 AM

Enthusiast
724 posts

tax invoice only applicable IF the company is a GST registered otherwise no GST code

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0118sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:33 AM