Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

potty training, for puppy

views

TShickups
post Mar 10 2017, 03:46 PM, updated 8y ago

Casual
470 posts

could anyone help me pls...i just adopted a puppy..been like 10 days..im wana teach him to poop at a certain place, but the puppy just dowan shit at tat place...its going pooping all over the house..how long will it take to train potty train puppy..this puppy is 2 months old..i bought spray as well for pooping...but it just dont folo..any advice can give?..if i put paper...it will tear up the paper..
southminor
post Mar 10 2017, 03:49 PM

27 posts

after your puppy eats, take him to toilet and WAIT for him to pee / poop. Right after he pee and poop, praise him and give him dog treats. Do this for 3-5 days and you will be good to go. My puppy learnt in around 4 days. Good luck smile.gif
dishwasher
post Mar 10 2017, 05:53 PM

heterochromatic babe
850 posts

Crate train your puppy. You can Google how, but the basic idea is that dogs try not to make a mess in their den. Buy a crate, put your dog in the crate when you can't supervise it, and let it out every few hours to poop/pee at the spot you choose.

You'll have to do this even at night. Puppies can't hold their pee for long so be prepared to wake up every few hours for a couple of months. On the bright side, you'll have a fully housebroken dog that knows where it can and cannot do it's business.
TShickups
post Mar 10 2017, 07:28 PM

Casual
470 posts

The spray i bought from pet shop...seems dont work too...can i just put him inside cage most of thr time?
dishwasher
post Mar 10 2017, 09:47 PM

heterochromatic babe
850 posts

QUOTE(hickups @ Mar 10 2017, 07:28 PM)
The spray i bought from pet shop...seems dont work too...can i just put him inside cage most of thr time?
Define most haha.

Obviously you shouldn't keep the dog caged up 24/7, but when you can't supervise, definitely crate the puppy. It'll be safer for the puppy as well. But make sure your crate is the correct size, and make sure to let it out to relieve itself.

Other times, when you can keep an eye on the dog, you can leash it to you while you work/do your thing, but watch out for signs that your puppy needs to go, and then bring it to the spot.

Your best bet is to Google crate training and follow a guide.
eternallife
post Mar 24 2017, 03:49 PM

1 posts

Hi, there. He's just a 2-month old puppy, and since he does not have his mother with him to train him, he will do it everywhere until he getsolder. You have to be his mother for now, and you just need to be patient and carry a piece of his poo to the place where you want him to do it, and let him smell that place. After a month or two more he will know that he needs to hold it in until he goes for his walks. If it is like an emergency or diarrhoea, he will eventually know that the place you carried the poop piece to is where he needs to ease himself.
vantuz
post Mar 24 2017, 04:29 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(hickups @ Mar 10 2017, 07:28 PM)
what spray u bought? toiletbreaking spray? or odor eliminator spray? or sanitizing spray?

for the start, remove all carpets and door/floor mats from the floor. this will make your cleaning job easier, not to mention that floor tiles won't hold as much urine/poo smell comparing to carpets or door/floor mats.

if your puppy pee/poop on the floor, clean it thoroughly like wiping it few times and spray lots of the odor eliminator on it. finish it off with sanitizing spray. never scold your puppy for peeing/pooping on the floor.

put down wee wee pad or newspaper at a designated area. spray the toiletbreaking spray. u will also need to keep a close eyes on your puppy. observe what the puppy will do whenever it wanna pee/poop. u will spot a pattern. once u see it, straight away carry your puppy to the wee wee pad or newspapers. don't care that half way thru carrying the puppy just pee/poop on u, the point is to carry him till the wee wee pad/newspapers. try and try until u succeed. then u must tell your puppy using your most excited voice "good job, good job" while it is still standing on the wee wee pad/newspapers. let him/her smell the wee wee pad/newspapers a bit, this is to register into his brain that this place is his toilet. then let him/her come out, and give him/her a treat if u must. if there's urine on floor, soak it up a little with the wee wee pad/newspapers, and then put it back at that same designated area. then clean up the rest of the urine/poo using the step mentioned above.

if u wanna potty train puppy, and if u're a working adult, then best is to take a 1 day leave and commit for this training. like take friday leave, then u will have a total of 3 days to potty train your puppy. i did the same for my puppy. 2 days and he already learned where to pee and poop. but since he was a puppy still that time, he still would have accident here and there... but really not much.

hope this helps u a bit.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:43 PM