Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies v2

raynman
post Jun 12 2017, 08:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(nyunyu @ Jun 12 2017, 08:27 AM)
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/nvidia-amd-...in-mining-gpus/

new gpu for miners is coming soon. Sadly only 90 days warranty.
This is great news!

I have always wanted to build my own Ethereum mining rig.

The current shortage of expensive gaming GPUs is the problem that prevented me from doing so.

Meanwhile, I'll hold on to my Ethereum cloud-mining contracts with Genesis and HashFlare until they expire.

raynman
post Jun 12 2017, 09:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Copied to new thread. smile.gif

This post has been edited by raynman: Jun 12 2017, 09:46 AM
shikimori
post Jun 12 2017, 09:30 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Jun 12 2017, 02:05 AM)
U can get Biostar board, equally good.
U may start with 1 GPU, best choice now is Nvidia 1070.
, 6$ a day, not mining ETH., but other coins
with more joining in GPU mining will the difficulty increases ? I made about RM250 now mining since last week thursday .
Not much but least it's something .

Going to take the plunge adding another 1080 ti but I wanna know whether I can break even in the next 60-90 days.
Heck , I dont mind mining if its paying the price for the card itself . I can resell it back not like it doesnt hold value .
This is not about getting rich , its more like a hobby .

On the other note , arghhh I sold my btc before it hits 3000 usd . So stupid , should have waited . Do you guys have any whatsapp group or discord?
sirxl
post Jun 12 2017, 09:37 AM

On my way

We have a small meetup tonight (19 ppl on the list now),

ping me on Telegram if you wanna join - my username is @COLBERTLAU;

Isnin, 12 June, 930pm malam
#bitcoinmalaysiameetupkl
#senangclubmorehkl
#meetupkl

Raj's Banana Leaf

38, Jalan Telawi, Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

FEES: Free. Dutch. Split bill bayar pakai BTC digalakkan.
zamans98
post Jun 12 2017, 09:39 AM

oquıɐɹ ǝɥ ɹǝo 'ǝɹǝɥǝɯos

QUOTE(shikimori @ Jun 12 2017, 09:30 AM)
with more joining in GPU mining will the difficulty increases ? I made about RM250 now mining since last week thursday .
Not much but least  it's something .

Going to take the plunge adding another 1080 ti but I wanna know whether I can break even in the next 60-90 days.
Heck , I dont mind mining if its paying the price for the card itself . I can resell it back not like it doesnt hold value .

On the other note , arghhh I sold my btc before it hits 3000 usd . So stupid , should have waited . Do you guys have any whatsapp group or discord?
this is common self-doubt i always comes across.

doesn't really matters, as your goal is long term. Keep your earned coins converted in BTC and keep BTC safe. Once BTC break 5000$, sell into profit.

Buy highest possible card, in this case as what you put is 1080i. u can sell when new lines comes in. AMD price wise is not charming

Do not listen to negative people who claimed mining is a losing business yada yada bla bla. Loser will always be loser until they believe.
wengherng
post Jun 12 2017, 09:42 AM

Regular

Hello folks!

We're at 260 pages on this thread, with more than 5000 posts already!
Incredible progress, and I'm in awe of how many new faces we see (figuratively speaking) on this thread over the last few weeks!

As announced earlier, we have created a new v3 thread, and both @kmarc and @WooTz have spent considerable time compiling the guides on the first page.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4320604

Let's officially migrate to the new thread now, and continue on the excellent discussions and helpful debates on cryptocurrencies!
See you there!
rclxm9.gif

kmarc
post Jun 12 2017, 09:51 AM

The future is here - Cryptocurrencies!
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(nyunyu @ Jun 12 2017, 07:56 AM)
Just curious, where do you get the news about which altcoins to buy?
QUOTE(thesnake @ Jun 12 2017, 08:10 AM)
interested to know as well
When I started off in Feb 2017, I just googled everything I can on cryptocurrencies/coins e.g. "Recommended altcoins for 2017", "Best cryptocurrency 2017", "Potential altcoins 2017", etc. I also go a wealth of information from Poloniex's trollbox which unfortunately has been stopped. I also look at the markets and see which coin is rising and did research on the coins. Also looked at very low price coins to see any potential ones.

I bought into NOTES today just because of that. It was rising almost everyday and then dumped. Since it was at a discount, and I have no idea what else to do besides being an "Ah Long" giving loan-shark lending rates biggrin.gif, I decided to buy a bit. As of now, I think I have not reach 50 types of coins yet. Already lost count!

You can also read cryptocurrency news. There's some links in front (also in V3 thread)

QUOTE(nyunyu @ Jun 12 2017, 08:27 AM)
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/nvidia-amd-...in-mining-gpus/

new gpu for miners is coming soon. Sadly only 90 days warranty.
Great! If the cards are cheaper and mining can pay for the card in 3-6 months, I think 90-day is fair. Or we just go for gaming GPU and let gamers fume about shortages! biggrin.gif

Oops, I'm also a gamer......

QUOTE(shikimori @ Jun 12 2017, 09:30 AM)
Not much but least  it's something .

RM250? Nice. What GPU are you using again? And what coin are you mining?

QUOTE(wengherng @ Jun 12 2017, 09:42 AM)
Hello folks!

We're at 260 pages on this thread, with more than 5000 posts already!
Incredible progress, and I'm in awe of how many new faces we see (figuratively speaking) on this thread over the last few weeks!

As announced earlier, we have created a new v3 thread, and both @kmarc and @WooTz have spent considerable time compiling the guides on the first page.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4320604

Let's officially migrate to the new thread now, and continue on the excellent discussions and helpful debates on cryptocurrencies!
See you there!
rclxm9.gif
Great! Will head over later.

This post has been edited by kmarc: Jun 12 2017, 09:53 AM
shikimori
post Jun 12 2017, 10:47 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kmarc @ Jun 12 2017, 09:51 AM)
When I started off in Feb 2017, I just googled everything I can on cryptocurrencies/coins e.g. "Recommended altcoins for 2017", "Best cryptocurrency 2017", "Potential altcoins 2017", etc. I also go a wealth of information from Poloniex's trollbox which unfortunately has been stopped. I also look at the markets and see which coin is rising and did research on the coins. Also looked at very low price coins to see any potential ones.

I bought into NOTES today just because of that. It was rising almost everyday and then dumped. Since it was at a discount, and I have no idea what else to do besides being an "Ah Long" giving loan-shark lending rates biggrin.gif, I decided to buy a bit. As of now, I think I have not reach 50 types of coins yet. Already lost count!

You can also read cryptocurrency news. There's some links in front (also in V3 thread)
Great! If the cards are cheaper and mining can pay for the card in 3-6 months, I think 90-day is fair. Or we just go for gaming GPU and let gamers fume about shortages! biggrin.gif

Oops, I'm also a gamer......
RM250? Nice. What GPU are you using again? And what coin are you mining?
Great! Will head over later.
I'm using 1080ti , zcash on nicehash pool .

kmarc
post Jun 12 2017, 11:10 AM

The future is here - Cryptocurrencies!
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(shikimori @ Jun 12 2017, 10:47 AM)
I'm using 1080ti , zcash on nicehash pool .
Nice. Thx for the info. Let's move to the new thread. smile.gif
KyleBear
post Jun 12 2017, 11:43 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sirxl @ Jun 12 2017, 09:37 AM)
We have a small meetup tonight (19 ppl on the list now),

ping me on Telegram if you wanna join - my username is @COLBERTLAU;
Isnin, 12 June, 930pm malam
#bitcoinmalaysiameetupkl
#senangclubmorehkl
#meetupkl

Raj's Banana Leaf

38, Jalan Telawi, Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 

FEES: Free. Dutch.  Split bill bayar pakai BTC digalakkan.
telegramed u smile.gif

Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0816sec    5.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 09:23 PM