5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Ladies, whats ur anti aging, secret?

views

carmenyta
post Mar 23 2017, 10:44 AM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(Cindy-san @ Mar 22 2017, 10:16 PM)
by what time shud sleep? nowadays i sleep at 3am
so long as you get a good sleep, it doesnt matter what time u sleep. 6 - 8 hours is ok.
NightHeart
post Mar 23 2017, 02:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(carmenyta @ Mar 23 2017, 10:44 AM)
so long as you get a good sleep, it doesnt matter what time u sleep. 6 - 8 hours is ok.
There's this traditional Chinese belief (just a belief la, not sure if it's backed by science already or not) on "Organ Clock Chart", i don't really know how to explain but it's something like this:

11pm-1am is the time of the Gall Bladder and in order to wake feeling energized the body should be at rest. In Chinese medicine, this period of time is when yin energy fades ad yang energy begins to grow. Yang energy helps you to keep active during the day and is stored when you are asleep. Subconscious feelings of resentment may appear during this time.

1-3am is the time of the Liver and a time when the body should be alseep. During this time, toxins are released from the body and fresh new blood is made. If you find yourself waking during this time, you could have too much yang energy or problems with your liver or detoxification pathways. This is also the time of anger, frustration and rage.

3-5am the time of the Lungs and again, this is the time where the body should be asleep. If woken at this time, nerve soothing exercises are recommended such as breathing exercises. The body should be kept warm at this time too to help the lungs replenish the body with oxygen. The lungs are also associated with feelings of grief and sadness.

5 am to 7 am is the time of the Large Intestine making it a perfect time to have a bowel movement and remove toxins from the day before. It is also the ideal time to wash your body and comb your hair. It is believed that combing your hair helps to clear out energy from the mind. At this time, emotions of defensiveness or feelings of being stuck could be evoked.

7-9am is the time of the Stomach so it is important to eat the biggest meal of the day here to optimize digestion and absorption. Warm meals that are high in nutrition are best in the morning. Emotions that are likely to be stirred at this time include disgust or despair.
carmenyta
post Mar 23 2017, 02:30 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Mar 23 2017, 02:20 PM)
There's this traditional Chinese belief (just a belief la, not sure if it's backed by science already or not) on "Organ Clock Chart", i don't really know how to explain but it's something like this:
hey, i actually wanted to put that in initially! basically u need to sleep before 11pm or was it 1am because that's when your internal organs start resting but after a while it got me thinking, do our bodies really know when to start resting? i mean, do they know what time it is? Time is man made after all. I mean, what if we move to the other side of the world... would that not mean our bodies need to adjust then? i put a lot of thought into this, but i digress.

I think so long as your body has enough rest, then I think it's enough. smile.gif
NightHeart
post Mar 23 2017, 02:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(carmenyta @ Mar 23 2017, 02:30 PM)
do our bodies really know when to start resting? i mean, do they know what time it is? Time is man made after all. I mean, what if we move to the other side of the world... would that not mean our bodies need to adjust then?
Yes that's a legit point....So i thought about biological clock, jet lags when we travel, daylight saving etc. Hence our body should be able to adjust accordingly. Anyway it's a just belief la. I didn't read further if it's backed up by any scientific research. But if it doesn't cost a cent or harm us if we follow/try/practice, might as well give it a shot lo. Then let the placebo effect kick in hahahaa.....
Bra Padding
post Mar 27 2017, 02:20 AM

1 posts

you rub lemon and skin will become healthy.
kllonely1
post Mar 27 2017, 02:27 AM

Casual
306 posts

QUOTE(Cindy-san @ Mar 7 2017, 08:23 PM)
For me definitely sunscreen  icon_idea.gif

what other tips to slow down aging? supplements?
SKII beside sunscreen, healthy lifestyle, balance diet, exercise, sex, yoga, .....
neuroneuster
post Mar 27 2017, 02:39 PM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(Cindy-san @ Mar 21 2017, 05:31 PM)
Oh I only tried 5 bottles and gave up cause it causes me some bumps not sure why. I use blackmores brand. Now each time my period come not much breakout if compared when I'm not taking EPO
So if you take EPO and stop it, will acne or breakout come again?

I am not sure if collagen causes my acne.. Or my acne is just... here.
TSCindy-san
post Mar 27 2017, 03:23 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(neuroneuster @ Mar 27 2017, 02:39 PM)
So if you take EPO and stop it, will acne or breakout come again?

I am not sure if collagen causes my acne.. Or my acne is just... here.
When I take epo I completely cut out collagen drink from my diet already and no acne ever since then. And I notice that if my skin is dry it will produce oil and hence acne comes.
neuroneuster
post Mar 27 2017, 07:01 PM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Mar 22 2017, 02:33 AM)
Hmm.....cystic acne could be caused various reasons e.g. clogged pores, trapped bacteria, blackheads (which may lead to the earlier mentioned 2).

I would suggest

1. Deep cleansing - need a good cleanser for this to clear clogged pores
2. Control sebum production - try neroli (aka bitter orange aka orange blossom) water
3. Nourish/heal the cyst - try tamanu oil, it stinks but it has good healing/repair properties
4. Moisturize - your skin is oily, dry or combi? Try something lightweight that doesn't clog your pores, argan oil perhaps?
5. Exfoliate - gotta remove those dead skins.

Actually what's your daily routine now? laugh.gif
Nice suggestions :--) but I'm sceptical with oil except for vitamin e oil.

My routine (for now, but I tend to change, maybe this is an issue too)
1. Wash - I use Marks and and Spencer sensitive skin gentle cleanser
2. Exfoliate - I use ZA whitening clay mask. No review for it for now.
3. Tone - Last time I religiously used Kanebo Ex Moisture (with collagen) lotion, not sure if this is a culprit to my acne or not. I assume it's for very dry skin. Mine is probably oily or combo. Now I have changed to ZA True White toner.
3. Moisturize - I am worried about this part. If I moisturize too much, I will get acne. I get acne using most Japanese moisturizers - Lunamer, Kanebo. Now I only apply vitamin e overnight.
4. Hydrate - I apply cooling cucumber mask sometimes.

I use hiruscar and clean and clear acne gel to reduce acne mark.
Not sure if effective.

QUOTE(pooi_pooi1 @ Mar 22 2017, 10:07 AM)
Collagen creams or collagen drink hardly works because the molecular size is too big to be absorbed through our skin and gut linings.

Read this article here http://www.smartskincare.com/smartchoices/...gen_creams.html

A proper diet containing high antioxidants can nourish our body cells to build our own collagen within our body.

Just my humble advice.
I read about collagen drink on realself website.
Most people would go for collagen injection.
I know there s dispute about the drink, but why some people really see effect consuming it?

QUOTE(Bra Padding @ Mar 27 2017, 02:20 AM)
you rub lemon and skin will become healthy.
Makes my skin sting and red.

QUOTE(Cindy-san @ Mar 27 2017, 03:23 PM)
When I take epo I completely cut out collagen drink from my diet already and no acne ever since then. And I notice that if my skin is dry it will produce oil and hence acne comes.
My acne comes when I feel hot or when I feel sweaty.
My friends advise not to consume epo as it can affect my hormone.

TSCindy-san
post Mar 27 2017, 08:06 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(neuroneuster @ Mar 27 2017, 07:01 PM)

3. Tone - Last time I religiously used Kanebo Ex Moisture (with collagen) lotion, not sure if this is a culprit to my acne or not. I assume it's for very dry skin. Mine is probably oily or combo. Now I have changed to ZA True White toner.
3. Moisturize - I am worried about this part. If I moisturize too much, I will get acne. I get acne using most Japanese moisturizers - Lunamer, Kanebo. Now I only apply vitamin e overnight.

Not sure if effective.
I read about collagen drink on realself website.
Most people would go for collagen injection.
I know there s dispute about the drink, but why some people really see effect consuming it?
Makes my skin sting and red.
My acne comes when I feel hot or when I feel sweaty.
My friends advise not to consume epo as it can affect my hormone.
Epo is mainly for adult hormonal acne caused by imbalance hormone. I use korean brands more and I can see big improvement too . Ur acne is mild right not serious those?

NightHeart
post Mar 28 2017, 12:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(neuroneuster @ Mar 27 2017, 07:01 PM)

Not sure if effective.
You shouldn't be looking merely at brands. All the stuffs that you use don't openly publish their full ingredient list. So it's hard to judge it's effectiveness. The ones I suggested to you earlier are the ingredient itself, not brands (try google those ingredients itself). A person should be looking for skincare based on its ingredients, brand is 2nd priority. The key is to understand what exactly you're feeding your skin with...parabens? alcohols? SLS? toxic? fillers? petroleum? It's like food, if you eat junk foods prepare to get lotsa health problems. If you eat healthy foods, you get a healthy body.

If you ever got the chance to experience good quality plant based oils, do give it a try. Especially those traditionally extracted or cold pressed ones. Your skin will drink it up like water. Previously most of us are exposed to mineral based oils e.g. paraffin etc which are petreoleum byproduct. Those are disastrous, clog your pores, greasy residue, causes bacteria build up, blackheads etc etc. But a lot of skincare makers love it cause it's abundant & dirt cheap.

So a lot of Malaysians freaks out at the idea of using oils now. But a plant based oil is at a completely different level compared to mineral oils. It's rich with vitamins & nutrients. Price also at a whole different level compared to mineral oil lol laugh.gif The super popular argan oil is hovering around RM200-300 per 100ml. The Muslim's favourite habbatus sauda is hovering around RM50-100 per 100ml. The most expensive I've ever encountered is barbary fig oil, minimum RM600 per 100ml. You don't need to use much honestly, 2 to 3 drops per day is a luxury already.

ThisWorldisWeird
post Mar 29 2017, 01:29 AM

Getting Started
122 posts

Exercise is important. If your skin & muscles are tight u won't age as much. Diet is important but can be difficult to control, so taking supplements with antioxidants and multi carotenes can really help to keep a healthy diet without too much effort.
neuroneuster
post Mar 29 2017, 06:10 PM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(Cindy-san @ Mar 27 2017, 08:06 PM)
Epo is mainly for adult hormonal acne caused by imbalance hormone. I use korean brands more and I can see big improvement too . Ur acne is mild right not serious those?
I'm concerned as my small acne grows time to time and the marks are difficult to fade.
I'm worried the small acnes will grow more and my face will be full of acne mark!
Help.~

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Mar 28 2017, 12:26 AM)
You shouldn't be looking merely at brands. All the stuffs that you use don't openly publish their full ingredient list. So it's hard to judge it's effectiveness. The ones I suggested to you earlier are the ingredient itself, not brands (try google those ingredients itself). A person should be looking for skincare based on its ingredients, brand is 2nd priority. The key is to understand what exactly you're feeding your skin with...parabens? alcohols? SLS? toxic? fillers? petroleum? It's like food, if you eat junk foods prepare to get lotsa health problems. If you eat healthy foods, you get a healthy body.

If you ever got the chance to experience good quality plant based oils, do give it a try. Especially those traditionally extracted or cold pressed ones. Your skin will drink it up like water. Previously most of us are exposed to mineral based oils e.g. paraffin etc which are petreoleum byproduct. Those are disastrous, clog your pores, greasy residue, causes bacteria build up, blackheads etc etc. But a lot of skincare makers love it cause it's abundant & dirt cheap.

So a lot of Malaysians freaks out at the idea of using oils now. But a plant based oil is at a completely different level compared to mineral oils. It's rich with vitamins & nutrients. Price also at a whole different level compared to mineral oil lol laugh.gif The super popular argan oil is hovering around RM200-300 per 100ml. The Muslim's favourite habbatus sauda is hovering around RM50-100 per 100ml. The most expensive I've ever encountered is barbary fig oil, minimum RM600 per 100ml. You don't need to use much honestly, 2 to 3 drops per day is a luxury already.
You are right.
I'm not sure what causes breakout but since I have small acne, do you know how to fade the marks?

QUOTE(pooi_pooi1 @ Mar 29 2017, 11:55 AM)
1. Due to the heavy advertisement, it sounds so good that people just want to believe that something good is happening to their body when they drink it (also known as placebo effect).

2. In the drink itself, they also include antioxidants ingredients such as grape seeds extract which high in vitamin C. The  skin condition improvements are likely due to the Vitamin Cs and antioxidants properties of the supplementary ingredients, NOT from the main ingredient i.e. collagen.

3. My personal experience. When i took antioxidants drink, skin improved and also glowing. Glowing skin is most noticeable when we take photos with friends. Our face SHINES out. Just my two cents.
My face is softer and it is easier to apply makeup since I consumed those.
Maybe you are right on the collagen part though.
Face glows, it's true.
That's why I'm thinking if I should really stop consuming it.

QUOTE(deardear @ Mar 29 2017, 12:26 PM)
hyaluronic acid injection

peeling

reapply sunblock

use mask and umbrella everyday
I read peeling is good. I was thinking if I should do it since my acne scar is hard to remove.

NightHeart
post Mar 29 2017, 07:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(neuroneuster @ Mar 29 2017, 06:10 PM)

You are right.
I'm not sure what causes breakout but since I have small acne, do you know how to fade the marks?

Ermm....for acne marks/scars probably tamanu oil? For scars, rose hips oil is famous for that. Just do a simple read up on those oil from Google for starters.
neuroneuster
post Mar 29 2017, 08:42 PM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(deardear @ Mar 29 2017, 08:02 PM)
wht kind of scar

use whitening product to lighten it up
Acne scar.
Not pimple.

I use vit e, aloe vera, same no effect.
neuroneuster
post Mar 29 2017, 09:37 PM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Mar 29 2017, 07:58 PM)
Ermm....for acne marks/scars probably tamanu oil? For scars, rose hips oil is famous for that. Just do a simple read up on those oil from Google for starters.
I read rose hips oil is good.
Will definitely try,
But hope it won't be giving contradictory result.

Heard it's better than tamanu.
neuroneuster
post Mar 29 2017, 09:38 PM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(deardear @ Mar 29 2017, 09:24 PM)
got hole alike / dark one  biggrin.gif

use whitening cream  yawn.gif
Only small redness.
Like mosquito bite.
TSCindy-san
post Mar 29 2017, 09:51 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(neuroneuster @ Mar 29 2017, 09:38 PM)
Only small redness.
Like mosquito bite.
i didnt have my before photo aiya i got some acne scars red dot one left from pimple but it fade alot with regular use of sheet masks .
and ive got good results using cosrx snail mucin.
snail mucus provides faster healing on skin pimple, acne scar or cuts.

NightHeart
post Mar 29 2017, 09:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(neuroneuster @ Mar 29 2017, 09:37 PM)
I read rose hips oil is good.
Will definitely try,
But hope it won't be giving contradictory result.

Heard it's better than tamanu.
There's still trial & error one le....a lot of factors effect the final result too. Factors like whether the oil is organically cold pressed or chemically extracted. Whether the facilities that process the oil is hygienic or not. What was used in the extraction process.

So sometimes what's supposed to be good turned out being a disappointment. Natural remedies like this is similar to food. Why Penang fried kueh teow taste better than KL's fried kueh teow? Why nasi lemak anak dara not as fragrant as the nasi lemak pondan? It all boils down to how it's being made. This is why modern medicine does not acknowledge natural remedies - inconsistent result & quality.

neuroneuster
post Mar 30 2017, 09:04 AM

Casual
423 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Mar 29 2017, 09:56 PM)
There's still trial & error one le....a lot of factors effect the final result too. Factors like whether the oil is organically cold pressed or chemically extracted. Whether the facilities that process the oil is hygienic or not. What was used in the extraction process.

So sometimes what's supposed to be good turned out being a disappointment. Natural remedies like this is similar to food. Why Penang fried kueh teow taste better than KL's fried kueh teow? Why nasi lemak anak dara not as fragrant as the nasi lemak pondan? It all boils down to how it's being made. This is why modern medicine does not acknowledge natural remedies - inconsistent result & quality.
Your last part shows why shea butter gives me breakout though it's nice for my body skin.
Since everything is a trial and error, there's no way we can conclude if certain product is the best.
It all comes back to how stable the product is to our own skin.
Will stick with my current regime and add rose hip oil and epo (will see if these will help).

P/S: Pondan.

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0195sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:32 PM