Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Photographer Leaving DSLR behind for Huawei P9

views

realjazzcoke
post Mar 29 2017, 03:57 PM

Casual
490 posts

QUOTE(ryder_78 @ Mar 6 2017, 01:21 PM)
Not everyone wants a Windows phone. Although the Pureview 808 is a great camera phone, there are not many who can live with a Symbian these days.
It depends^^

It is true that not much can live with Symbian device these days, if you take it as a phone that is lol.

But as a camera? i never leave 808 behind for 5 years since released in 2012, JPG on 808 still one of the best performance and quality compared to IOS/Android/WP even by today's standard. Even it doesn't offers RAW, the JPG in 808 have plenty of room for post-processing.

Lacking of OIS make this cameraphone harder to capture moments during low light. But with tripod on scenery, it still rocks.

By the way, it is nice to know that you have the 808 as well, not many carrying this phone anymore^^

This post has been edited by realjazzcoke: Mar 29 2017, 04:39 PM
Everdying
post Mar 30 2017, 08:37 AM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

my 808 got messed up recently after i did a factory reset.
now the camera sometimes just shows black screen...then i have to reboot phone to get camera working again.

dunno if still got anymore support from zitron or not.

This post has been edited by Everdying: Mar 30 2017, 08:38 AM
COOLPINK
post Mar 30 2017, 08:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,263 posts

phone camera better than DSLR my foot! ranting.gif

realjazzcoke
post Mar 30 2017, 09:51 AM

Casual
490 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Mar 30 2017, 08:37 AM)
my 808 got messed up recently after i did a factory reset.
now the camera sometimes just shows black screen...then i have to reboot phone to get camera working again.

dunno if still got anymore support from zitron or not.
Zitron just a distributor, they aint running the service at all, now you can only find the service center at Amcorp Mall (which is sucks, by the way)

What you could do is that, try using the phone without memory card and setting the camera storage default to phone. And try again. If the same happens, either you can flash your phone (im not good at that), or you might nid to find the camera module.

For me, i have just bought a 2nd hand 808 for spareparts, just in case anything goes wrong...

Everdying
post Mar 30 2017, 10:14 AM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

QUOTE(realjazzcoke @ Mar 30 2017, 09:51 AM)
Zitron just a distributor, they aint running the service at all, now you can only find the service center at Amcorp Mall (which is sucks, by the way)

What you could do is that, try using the phone without memory card and setting the camera storage default to phone. And try again. If the same happens, either you can flash your phone (im not good at that), or you might nid to find the camera module.

For me, i have just bought a 2nd hand 808 for spareparts, just in case anything goes wrong...
ya there's no card... its just a dumb phone / camera only now.
the amcorp mall one is ok for me, been there few times yrs ago.

realjazzcoke
post Mar 30 2017, 10:35 AM

Casual
490 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Mar 30 2017, 10:14 AM)
ya there's no card... its just a dumb phone / camera only now.
the amcorp mall one is ok for me, been there few times yrs ago.
The last time i went there was because my redmi note lcd flickering (2 years back i guess), the customer service/technician sucks hard (cant even see the problem, i even have to recorded in video with 808 to show them...gosh), and to me, they are rojak (they took many mobile phone brands to repair), and during my wait at Amcorp, i have observed their presentation on how the repair is done, and why it is replaced... those are seriously amateurish talk, some Nokia Symbian/Lumia customers are so disappointed that some of the over warranty phones cant be repaired because of small issue (eg: charging micro usb port failure, which super duper common case, they cant even do it, outside job can just get it done for mayb rm50 or less, depending on phone models)

Alright, back to my redmi note 1 issue, been there 3 times, not able to solve the problem at all (all they do was just downgrade the software to make it less visible, but it is still there) i was so pissed, i asked for full report and straight head to lowyat, and guess what? Lcd changed on spot (rectify immediately without turning any corners), and the motherboard as well, and whats even better? you can get back the phone on the same day!!!

Now thats a dedicated Mi service centre/Showroom, compared to the rojak there...

But, im glad that service centre worked out for you, don't be like me though.. seriously lost faith with them..

This post has been edited by realjazzcoke: Mar 30 2017, 12:30 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:37 PM