Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Mobile Data SIM Card providing PUBLIC IP Address

views

TSHenryLloyd
post Mar 5 2017, 06:04 PM, updated 8y ago

5 posts

Hi
at the moment in Malaysia, what telco operators are offering 4G or 3G data plan SIM Cards providing Public IP address?
Pre-paid or post-paid is ok, and activate the Public IP address through the customer support is ok also.

Many thanks in advance.
faizyunus
post Mar 5 2017, 06:53 PM

Casual
399 posts

I don't think so.
satanhead2003
post Mar 5 2017, 08:27 PM

On my way
549 posts

Celcom m2m
Raymond T.
post Mar 5 2017, 08:42 PM

Glock 19 Holder
1,148 posts

QUOTE(HenryLloyd @ Mar 5 2017, 06:04 PM)
Hi
at the moment in Malaysia, what telco operators are offering 4G or 3G data plan SIM Cards providing Public IP address?
Pre-paid or post-paid is ok,  and activate the Public IP address  through the customer support is ok also.

Many thanks in advance.
I think only support Broadband, you can try call up the customers service and inquiry further.
OKLY
post Mar 5 2017, 09:39 PM

The Penguin Vader
Group Icon
Staff
11,946 posts

QUOTE(HenryLloyd @ Mar 5 2017, 06:04 PM)
Hi
Pre-paid or post-paid is ok,  and activate the Public IP address  through the customer support is ok also.

Many thanks in advance.
Possible to do so with Maxis, just need to request via customer service. Public IP only available through their 3G network.
nexona88
post Mar 5 2017, 10:50 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,828 posts

Mind asking why needs public IP??
TSHenryLloyd
post Mar 6 2017, 12:48 AM

5 posts

Thanks for your replies.
It is an IP based door-entry intercom system. There is an external panel outside at the door and a video unit inside the house.
It is also possible to add an IP gateway so that you can answer to the visitors calls from your smartphone, once the gateway is connected to Internet through a router.
The App installed in the smartphone needs to start the communication towards the gateway, so in the router must be opened the port 64100 and the Internet connection needs a public IP Address. Also it should be possible the operator opens the port 64100 if the public IP is not available.
But I heard operators usually dont help so much regarding port forwarding on their network.
The gateway provides also the DDNS service, so there is no need of a static address.
I would like to install the system but at the moment there is no fiber no cable in the place, so I want to buy a SIM Card.

TSHenryLloyd
post Mar 6 2017, 06:59 AM

5 posts

for MAXIS and CELCOM M2M could you please give me more information?
Is that a pre-paid or post-paid data plan? What is the name of the data plan? Can I go in a shop or do I need to go in a particular Maxis/Celcom place?

Thanks in advance

goolias
post Mar 6 2017, 09:06 AM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(HenryLloyd @ Mar 6 2017, 06:59 AM)
for MAXIS and CELCOM M2M  could you please give me more information?
Is that a pre-paid or post-paid data plan?  What is the name of the data plan?  Can I go in a shop or  do I need to go in a particular Maxis/Celcom place?

Thanks in advance
1. For maxis, once register for the line request for public IP from their customer support. Tell them you need to view CCTV, that will reduce lotsa explanation, they seem to understand only that for our reason for public IP. Postpaid package because we are business registered. We are using RM68 plan.

2. For Celcom line, I not sure about M2M but we subscribe for their business SIM card package postpaid plan ( advanced payment for 6 months though) that automatically allocated public IP without asking. It comes with 200G monthly data quota, but quite costly. It only available via their partner, agent kiosk at shopping mall dun carry it.

TSHenryLloyd
post Mar 6 2017, 11:18 PM

5 posts

I bought today a post-paid from Maxis Centre KLCC. They said yes we will enable now the public IP address on this data plan and they gave me the APN settings for public IP address "MaxisBB"

I tried with no success. I get 113.210.52.147 from show-ip.net and 10.67.170.153 from my 3G/4G Router.
I tried APNs MaxisBB, unetp, PRE-MAXISBB and maxis4g. No success at all.
I got live chat from Maxis site, the guy told me again ok I can enable now the public address.
I tried again after 1 hour with no success, both 4G and 3G setting.
Anyone knows the APN and other settings for obtaining the public address?

Thanks in advance.

TSHenryLloyd
post Mar 6 2017, 11:42 PM

5 posts

Ok, I was able to obtain the public IP address using APN unetp and 3G only settings in my router.

But the connection is not working when I try to connect to the router from a smartphone with Maxis SIM Card.
Using same smarphone with broadband wifi the connection is established. Switching to 4G Maxis the connection is not working.
Any idea?
Many thanks in advance.

goolias
post Mar 7 2017, 08:28 AM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(HenryLloyd @ Mar 6 2017, 11:42 PM)
Ok,  I was able to obtain the public IP address using  APN unetp and 3G only settings in my router.

But the connection is not working when I try to connect to the router from a smartphone with Maxis SIM Card.
Using same smarphone with broadband wifi  the connection is established.  Switching to 4G Maxis the connection is not working.
Any idea?
Many thanks in advance.
4G doesn't work, use only 3G for PRE-MAXISBB for public IP.
aneip
post Mar 7 2017, 10:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,433 posts

QUOTE(HenryLloyd @ Mar 6 2017, 12:48 AM)
Thanks for your replies.
It is an IP based door-entry intercom system. There is an external panel outside at the door and a video unit inside the house.
It is also possible to add an IP gateway so that you can answer to the visitors calls from your smartphone, once the gateway is connected to Internet through a router.
The App installed in the smartphone needs to start the communication towards the gateway,  so in the router must be opened the port 64100 and the Internet connection needs a public IP Address. Also it should be possible the operator opens the port 64100 if the public IP is not available.
But I heard operators usually dont help so much regarding port forwarding on their network.
The gateway provides also the DDNS service, so there is no need of a static address.
I would like to install the system but at the moment there is no fiber no cable in the place, so I want to buy a SIM Card.
Get ubiquity nanobeam AC they can handle long range wifi..
samsulrizal
post Nov 27 2022, 04:23 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(HenryLloyd @ Mar 6 2017, 06:59 AM)
for MAXIS and CELCOM M2M  could you please give me more information?
Is that a pre-paid or post-paid data plan?  What is the name of the data plan?  Can I go in a shop or  do I need to go in a particular Maxis/Celcom place?

Thanks in advance
https://www.celcombroadband.com/celcomm2m I think this info foe Celcom M2M

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.83    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:07 PM