can we travel sg now?

is the border open?
how to open when border never closed?
it just there are restrictions to go into sg
knwong
post Nov 8 2021, 05:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,165 posts

QUOTE(Gadget_Freak @ Nov 8 2021, 10:00 AM)
how to open when border never closed?
it just there are restrictions to go into sg
https://str.sg/3GiT

29 Nov start VTL with M'sia. Only air travel
coolguy99
post Nov 8 2021, 09:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,845 posts

QUOTE(knwong @ Nov 8 2021, 05:12 PM)
https://str.sg/3GiT

29 Nov start VTL with M'sia. Only air travel
Air ticket price shooting up already biggrin.gif
CoolStoryWriter
post Nov 16 2021, 07:57 AM

13 posts

Hi all I will be starting work in SG in January. Work location is nearby Downtown MRT or Marina One MRT.

I'm new to SG, advise needed on finding room for rent and expenses.

Anyone has room for rent? My budget is SGD500-700. Looking at outskirt a a bit, walking distance to MRT.

Also wrt expenses, per month I heard from friend is around SGD1500-2000 total including everything (MRT card, rent, food). Is this true? Thanks in advance!

phenally
post Nov 18 2021, 02:36 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

anyone planning to go back to malaysia using the VTL lane option?
XiuKeong
post Nov 19 2021, 02:07 AM

[OMG] Sweetie™
9,331 posts

QUOTE(CoolStoryWriter @ Nov 16 2021, 07:57 AM)
Hi all I will be starting work in SG in January. Work location is nearby Downtown MRT or Marina One MRT.

I'm new to SG, advise needed on finding room for rent and expenses.

Anyone has room for rent? My budget is SGD500-700. Looking at outskirt a a bit, walking distance to MRT.

Also wrt expenses, per month I heard from friend is around SGD1500-2000 total including everything (MRT card, rent, food). Is this true? Thanks in advance!
My friend just shifted to a new unit and he told me that most rental fee now is higher than pre-covid. Even the area that he was aiming for previously also increased by at least 5%.

Expenses are subjective depending on your lifestyle. Since circuit breaker until now, my expenses are around 1,100 since most of the time my meals are from kopitiam/hawker centre.
CoolStoryWriter
post Nov 19 2021, 07:59 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(XiuKeong @ Nov 19 2021, 02:07 AM)
My friend just shifted to a new unit and he told me that most rental fee now is higher than pre-covid. Even the area that he was aiming for previously also increased by at least 5%.

Expenses are subjective depending on your lifestyle. Since circuit breaker until now, my expenses are around 1,100 since most of the time my meals are from kopitiam/hawker centre.
I see..you know any rooms for rent near MRT? I move in end January. Or any WhatsApp group with Malaysian professionals working in SG
XiuKeong
post Nov 20 2021, 02:12 AM

[OMG] Sweetie™
9,331 posts

QUOTE(CoolStoryWriter @ Nov 19 2021, 07:59 AM)
I see..you know any rooms for rent near MRT? I move in end January. Or any WhatsApp group with Malaysian professionals working in SG
Nope, you can try to find it in Facebook groups. There are quite a number of available units/rooms for rent posted in those groups.
deodorant
post Nov 20 2021, 07:20 AM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,689 posts

QUOTE(phenally @ Nov 18 2021, 02:36 PM)
anyone planning to go back to malaysia using the VTL lane option?
Not me but I booked flight for my parents to come in over Christmas. Almost $700/pax for flight, PCR tests, and health/travel insurance lol.
CoolStoryWriter
post Nov 24 2021, 11:23 AM

13 posts

Hi guys will be moving to SG in Jan 2022 for a corporate job at marina (I'd you're nearby hit me up yo!)

Anything I need to prepare?

Bank acc - I plan to open one once I confirmed with my company which partner banks they have

Mobile sim - This one I should get which one? Advise appreciated. Looking for affordable plan / prepaid

Mrt/bus/let card - this one which one should I apply? I plan to get it on my first day in SG. Got any 1 month pass that's cheaper for MRT?

Anything else I need to prepare? That I missed.

Room haven't find yet, budget around SGD600-800.

knwong
post Nov 24 2021, 01:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,165 posts

QUOTE(CoolStoryWriter @ Nov 24 2021, 11:23 AM)
Hi guys will be moving to SG in Jan 2022 for a corporate job  at marina (I'd you're nearby hit me up yo!)

Anything I need to prepare?

Bank acc - I plan to open one once I confirmed with my company which partner banks they have

Mobile sim - This one I should get which one? Advise appreciated. Looking for affordable plan / prepaid

Mrt/bus/let card - this one which one should I apply? I plan to get it on my first day in SG. Got any 1 month pass that's cheaper for MRT?

Congrats

Bank account - any local banks. Depend on the bank must lots of money to open one, can't just open with $1 though

Mobile plan - go for those cheap MNVO telco, they ride on Big 3 telco network anyway

MRT cart - you don't have to nowadays. Use your bank debit/credit card to ride public transport. Even M'sian cards should work
kenny B
post Nov 25 2021, 11:48 AM

Enthusiast
809 posts

QUOTE(CoolStoryWriter @ Nov 24 2021, 11:23 AM)

bank - doesn't hurt to open a lot. but bear in mind some has the minimum amount you need to maintain, else you get charged monthly.

Mobile sim - google around for the cheapest, then ask here if anyone is using those for the referral bonus. also some areas would have difference in coverage quality.
last time TPG used to suck during train rides, not sure about now. i'm still on GIGA (was the cheapest back then for data)

transport card - just go to mrt station and get one, it works for all public transport in singapore.
set up your phone for contactless payment after you get your singapore credit card. it's stupid to pay extra for the exchange rate

Room - why not take your time and just check 1-2 rooms a day so you have a feel for the prices around that area you'd like

DennisMay
post Nov 26 2021, 01:00 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

Yeah, guys, rental in Singapore became more expensive than it was before covid, but it is still worth it to go there for work and life. I really want to get there as soon as possible. I'm just trying to figure all the problems I have in Europe right now, and when I'm ready I'll call piloto asia. Because I think that this company can make your citizenship and help you open a business very fast, I know that from a friend of mine who used their services. Well, you see, it's not that difficult, guys, go and live your best life.

This post has been edited by DennisMay: Nov 27 2021, 03:10 AM
coolguy99
post Nov 26 2021, 08:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,845 posts

QUOTE(DennisMay @ Nov 26 2021, 01:00 AM)
Yeah guys, rental in Singapore became more expensive than it was before covid, but it is still worth it to go there fro work.
For longer term definitely yes. Go there when you are still young.
MamakSinkie P
post Nov 28 2021, 07:24 PM

Probation
0 posts

anyone taken moderna, how do you update the mysejaterah apps, seems like malaysia still not recognise moderna as approved vaccine.
Sumofwhich
post Today, 02:29 AM

Regular
1,247 posts

Anyone using redONE which rides on StarHub network? Wondering if you all often call Malaysian banks on credit card enquiries? Thanks
https://www.redone.com.sg/postpaid/amazing_plan

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0220sec    0.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th November 2021 - 02:39 AM