509 Pages « < 361 362 363 364 365 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Working in Singapore V20, All About Living in The Little Red Dot

views

Fiona Chin
post Jan 15 2020, 11:49 AM

Regular
1,172 posts

QUOTE(ComputerIdiot @ Jan 14 2020, 04:43 PM)
What you talking ? Hand carry ? Where to exchange the sgd for MYR ?

I am asking where to change... better it ll help transfer back to Malaysia bank account. The one I mention give best rate and charge 10 sgd only per transaction and funds ll be transferred into my msia.bank acc in 3 working days
Stay too long in SG think Malaysia still live on trees dy? No money exchange meh your hometown. I live here on trees still have money exchange around. Sorry lo I only can afford bring back few hundreds dollar give parents for cny last time so never use all these high tech transfer, not like high ses can bring back big sum. How big jek so gan chiong? 3 working days the 2nd working day they go bankrupt then you die lo. Money in own pocket best.
garlicpesto
post Jan 15 2020, 01:10 PM

Getting Started
271 posts

I know my chances are slim but.. am in the process of applying for SPR..

When submitting documents such as Malaysian birth cert (in bahasa), an official translation by a SG body is required correct? What is the best way around that if my birth cert is sitting back home in KL.. What other alternatives can be submitted that shows both parents name? Thanks!
kenny B
post Jan 15 2020, 10:41 PM

Enthusiast
821 posts

QUOTE(ComputerIdiot @ Jan 14 2020, 03:44 PM)
Hi all sifus
Chinese new year is coming. I wanna transfer big amount of SGD back to my Malaysia bank account.

I found Singx is convenient but the rate is not good and need to charge about 4X dollar for 10k SGD.
My friend recommending me boon lay (Dollar Exchange pte Ltd) they charge 10SGD per transfer (Same like singx but they charge only 10SGD regardless the amount I think) and the rate is the best among other currency exchange .

Would like to know how you guys transfer SGD back to Malaysia bank account ? Please share ya.

I wanna find the best way (high rate and convenient way)

Thanks all please share.
so far cimb sg to cimb my best for me. you monitor the rates you want yourself
plus got trail to proof income

but still, fuck cimb service
hwachong
post Jan 15 2020, 11:01 PM

Enthusiast
773 posts

QUOTE(garlicpesto @ Jan 15 2020, 01:10 PM)

When submitting documents such as Malaysian birth cert (in bahasa), an official translation by a SG body is required correct? What is the best way around that if my birth cert is sitting back home in KL.. What other alternatives can be submitted that shows both parents name? Thanks!
i did not translate and still got approved
heyamazingpeople
post Jan 16 2020, 11:11 AM

Casual
319 posts

QUOTE(ComputerIdiot @ Jan 14 2020, 03:44 PM)
I found Singx is convenient but the rate is not good and need to charge about 4X dollar for 10k SGD.
My friend recommending me boon lay (Dollar Exchange pte Ltd) they charge 10SGD per transfer (Same like singx but they charge only 10SGD regardless the amount I think) and the rate is the best among other currency exchange .

QUOTE(55665566 @ Jan 14 2020, 09:43 PM)
Try instarem, had been using since earlier day. Can 1 day transfer, and low fee.
That Singx,
Mind to put in some numbers for comparison?
Whats is the exchange rate compare to money charger shop.
If there fixed fee involved, likely there is a breakeven point, where more than certain amount, it is a better deal.

I would think Instarem is good.. But not everyday.
Certain day it will be better that money changer.

VinluV
post Jan 16 2020, 11:19 AM

Regular
1,946 posts

Hey. You can go high comm to request English translation.
Btw you need your actual documents to show when you collect spr .
So best have everything on hand when you apply because you never know when they will call you.

P.s. national language here is BM.

This post has been edited by VinluV: Jan 16 2020, 11:21 AM
PrincZe
post Jan 16 2020, 02:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,050 posts

keep us updated on hows the process.

i think can wait to apply after election
deodorant
post Jan 16 2020, 03:28 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

When submitting documents such as Malaysian birth cert (in bahasa), an official translation by a SG body is required correct?

By right yes by left ... I think many (most?) of us just submitted untranslated and never faced any issues getting approval.

Disclaimer past performance cannot be taken as indicative of future performance 😂
raymondloh
post Jan 16 2020, 05:50 PM

16 posts

You do know that Malay is one of the official language in Singapore?
garlicpesto
post Jan 17 2020, 12:08 AM

Getting Started
271 posts

QUOTE(hwachong @ Jan 15 2020, 07:01 AM)
i did not translate and still got approved
ok! just got the latest birthcert from JPN so its bilingual

QUOTE(VinluV @ Jan 15 2020, 07:19 PM)
Hey. You can go high comm to request English translation.
Btw you need your actual documents to show when you collect spr .
So best have everything on hand when you apply because you never know when they will call you.

P.s. national language here is BM.
$130 SGD LOL. Got it done in the Malaysian Courts for 50 ringgit.. If i do get the PR ill personally fly back for a red carpet service to pick up the cert lah tongue.gif
but thanks for the advice!

QUOTE(PrincZe @ Jan 15 2020, 10:52 PM)
keep us updated on hows the process.

i think can wait to apply after election
Sure thing. My profile is mid 20s Cina, S pass (due to second tier school from the US), working in field sales for IT MNC, salary range is above average aaaaand havent even paid taxes before... just going in bare naked with 6 months of payslip haha.

I wish I could.. but time is of essence.. I have about 6 months worth of work left in SG hence even if my application is approved 7 months later its no good to me.. but its the best $100 gamble a man can make.. This is how i win!

QUOTE(raymondloh @ Jan 16 2020, 01:50 AM)
i know but website say need to translate to english.. but 90% of malaysian PR said they applied with original doc untranslated. let me check in lah.

PrincZe
post Jan 17 2020, 09:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,050 posts

QUOTE(garlicpesto @ Jan 17 2020, 12:08 AM)
ok! just got the latest birthcert from JPN so its bilingual
$130 SGD LOL. Got it done in the Malaysian Courts for 50 ringgit.. If i do get the PR ill personally fly back for a red carpet service to pick up the cert lah  tongue.gif
but thanks for the advice!
Sure thing. My profile is mid 20s Cina, S pass (due to second tier school from the US), working in field sales for IT MNC, salary range is above average aaaaand havent even paid taxes before... just going in bare naked with 6 months of payslip haha.

I wish I could.. but time is of essence.. I have about 6 months worth of work left in SG hence even if my application is approved 7 months later its no good to me.. but its the best $100 gamble a man can make.. This is how i win!
i know but website say need to translate to english.. but 90% of malaysian PR said they applied with original doc untranslated. let me check in lah.
did you approach your current company for stamping? i think one is this. not sure. but do we have to inform our current employer that we are trying for pr?

A9. Current Employer’s letter stating the date of employment, position held, salary per month for the past 6 months
with breakdown into basic, overtime and allowance per month. The letter, addressed to the Controller of
Immigration, should be dated within 1 month from the date of submission;

This post has been edited by PrincZe: Jan 17 2020, 09:08 AM
crazy25kid
post Jan 17 2020, 09:22 AM

Jack of all trades, master of none...in short, a NUB !!
1,424 posts

QUOTE(PrincZe @ Jan 17 2020, 09:05 AM)
did you approach your current company for stamping? i think one is this. not sure. but do we have to inform our current employer that we are trying for pr?

A9. Current Employer’s letter stating the date of employment, position held, salary per month for the past 6 months
with breakdown into basic, overtime and allowance per month. The letter, addressed to the Controller of
Immigration, should be dated within 1 month from the date of submission;

your company need to issue a letter
they also need provide information for 1 section if it is still the same.

PrincZe
post Jan 17 2020, 09:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,050 posts

QUOTE(crazy25kid @ Jan 17 2020, 09:22 AM)
your company need to issue a letter
they also need provide information for 1 section if it is still the same.
yeah that's what i thought. will company not sign on the section / issue letter? just got me thinking
deodorant
post Jan 17 2020, 01:16 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

QUOTE(raymondloh @ Jan 16 2020, 05:50 PM)
So is Mandarin and Tamil, does that also mean that people from China and southern India don’t need to translate their documents? 🤭
Thunder_Bolt
post Jan 18 2020, 08:17 AM

24 posts

QUOTE(garlicpesto @ Jan 15 2020, 01:57 AM)
Also.. heard sentiments to apply for PR isn’t so good as of late after all the hoo hah recently... sad.gif
what do you mean?
Mackiddo
post Jan 20 2020, 10:27 PM

† St. David †
5,851 posts

QUOTE(PrincZe @ Jan 17 2020, 09:29 AM)
yeah that's what i thought. will company not sign on the section / issue letter? just got me thinking
some Co will play punk i heard, ask you to sign bond agreement beforehand, scared you switch job immediately after getting pr.
PrincZe
post Jan 20 2020, 10:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,050 posts

QUOTE(Mackiddo @ Jan 20 2020, 10:27 PM)
some Co will play punk i heard, ask you to sign bond agreement beforehand, scared you switch job immediately after getting pr.
hmm, tough luck. that's what i worry too.
hwachong
post Jan 23 2020, 08:39 AM

Enthusiast
773 posts

safe travels everyone!
PrincZe
post Jan 23 2020, 03:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,050 posts

safe travel out from sg to back home !
MGM
post Jan 23 2020, 04:56 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,384 posts

One million Malaysian/ex-Malaysian coming back to spend rm1000 each, wow.

509 Pages « < 361 362 363 364 365 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0176sec    0.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:22 PM