Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> seller1415 Selling fake Exploding Kitten card game

itekderp
post Mar 3 2017, 11:22 AM

On my way
674 posts

QUOTE(seller1415 @ Mar 2 2017, 05:42 PM)
I can only bank in him back rm100 for the refund . no profit earn from him just take back the costs of the products . so i can return him rm100 only . if he want . thanks ..
So let me be clear.
Buyer bought 3 sets from you at a cost of rm310. You're offering a refund of rm100 now.
You're selling what you have left at rm30. So even if buyer sells it off he can only get rm90 for the 3 sets. Putting him out of pocket for rm110.

There's nothing wrong with what you're doing, seller. It can also be argued that the fault is exclusively the buyers. But look at this thread, and how much bad faith we're dealing with here. If you refuse to refund the full amount, of course that is your right. And you do that, at the cost of goodwill and good faith. Your future sales would be treated on a strictly buyers beware basis in the future, there won't be trust and your buyers would be very aware of this case and covering all their bases when dealing with you. There's a cost to everything, my friend.
If you decide to give the full refund now even, this thread has generated quite some mistrust. So the damage can't necessarily be undone.

So have a think about it. I suggested my initial proposal as an idealistic scenario case. Sure, it isn't your fault. But in most cases, this is the risk of trying to run a good business where customers put their full trust in you. Just have to bear the cost of getting stock which does not fulfil customers' needs. Most big businesses do it, goodwill is one of the hardest things to pay for. And then we're in Malaysia, where sellers and buyers are always antagonistic towards each other, short term gains at the cost of long term earnings. Are you a trader, or a businessman then?

There's a lack of ethics in most businesses here already. Very negative mindset.

kianyang
post Mar 3 2017, 05:29 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(itekderp @ Mar 3 2017, 11:22 AM)
So let me be clear.
Buyer bought 3 sets from you at a cost of rm310. You're offering a refund of rm100 now.
You're selling what you have left at rm30. So even if buyer sells it off he can only get rm90 for the 3 sets. Putting him out of pocket for rm110.

There's nothing wrong with what you're doing, seller. It can also be argued that the fault is exclusively the buyers. But look at this thread, and how much bad faith we're dealing with here. If you refuse to refund the full amount, of course that is your right. And you do that, at the cost of goodwill and good faith. Your future sales would be treated on a strictly buyers beware basis in the future, there won't be trust and your buyers would be very aware of this case and covering all their bases when dealing with you. There's a cost to everything, my friend.
If you decide to give the full refund now even, this thread has generated quite some mistrust. So the damage can't necessarily be undone.

So have a think about it. I suggested my initial proposal as an idealistic scenario case. Sure, it isn't your fault. But in most cases, this is the risk of trying to run a good business where customers put their full trust in you. Just have to bear the cost of getting stock which does not fulfil customers' needs. Most big businesses do it, goodwill is one of the hardest things to pay for. And then we're in Malaysia, where sellers and buyers are always antagonistic towards each other, short term gains at the cost of long term earnings. Are you a trader, or a businessman then?

There's a lack of ethics in most businesses here already. Very negative mindset.
That's a good write up that summarizes some of my feelings as well. seller1415 any thoughts on reconsidering your options ?
Louis115
post Mar 3 2017, 09:47 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(kianyang @ Mar 3 2017, 05:29 PM)
That's a good write up that summarizes some of my feelings as well. seller1415 any thoughts on reconsidering your options ?
I suggest you get on with it, just be smart next time, there are no such thing good and at the same time cheap, if the deal seems too good, u must have the diligence to check that it is of premium quality before purchasing, so to some extent it is your own greed that put you in this situation, and after all this drama the seller probably can't get any business as you have jeopardized his reputation, and you still naively think that you will get full refund?

If you want to settle nicely, dont't bring this issue public at the first place.
kianyang
post Mar 4 2017, 01:07 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(Louis115 @ Mar 3 2017, 09:47 PM)
I suggest you get on with it, just be smart next time, there are no such thing good and at the same time cheap, if the deal seems too good, u must have the diligence to check that it is of premium quality before purchasing, so to some extent it is your own greed that put you in this situation, and after all this drama the seller probably can't get any business as you have jeopardized his reputation, and you still naively think that you will get full refund?

If you want to settle nicely, dont't bring this issue public at the first place.
Actually I did discuss at length with the seller before deciding to start the dispute. I was hesitant at first but when he decided to update the post with the "no refund no return goods policy" immediately after I mentioned that it was fake, I felt I needed to make it clear that it was added after that fact or he could use that against me saying that has been the policy from the beginning.

His initial price wasn't really that cheap, it's about 15~20% cheaper which I'm not surprised if he got a good deal with his supplier or during Black Friday sales. I never claim the seller intended to lie or misrepresent his goods to me either. The seller could have unknowingly received the fake copy from his supplier as well. When I received it, checked it and found that it's fake I basically just told the seller "hey dude, the cards are actually fake and I'm afraid I really can't accept it, can I return it back to you for a refund instead at my expense?". The cards are still shrink wrapped and in good sellable condition.
seller1415
post Mar 4 2017, 08:00 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(kianyang @ Mar 4 2017, 01:07 AM)
Actually I did discuss at length with the seller before deciding to start the dispute. I was hesitant at first but when he decided to update the post with the "no refund no return goods policy" immediately after I mentioned that it was fake, I felt I needed to make it clear that it was added after that fact or he could use that against me saying that has been the policy from the beginning.

His initial price wasn't really that cheap, it's about 15~20% cheaper which I'm not surprised if he got a good deal with his supplier or during Black Friday sales. I never claim the seller intended to lie or misrepresent his goods to me either. The seller could have unknowingly received the fake copy from his supplier as well. When I received it, checked it and found that it's fake I basically just told the seller "hey dude, the cards are actually fake and I'm afraid I really can't accept it, can I return it back to you for a refund instead at my expense?". The cards are still shrink wrapped and in good sellable condition.
hello there, in our final conclusion I am so sorry to tell you that ,we can not give you a full refund . it is because if we do so,others will or might follow by saying hey why your product isnt real . so as a result we really can not do this . we have a lots of buyers bought our exploding kittens so i cant affort the cost of everyone wanted a full refund like you did . and still rm100 for you is what we can offer for you . Thanks.

please, bro go and do some searching as ONE set is about rm 100++
and we are selling at the price range of 50% of the ori .
so in result do you really think so ? you yourself should beware and do not make rush decision . we business can not survive if everyone only stand at the point and think about their own .how about the business then? Thanks ~

This post has been edited by seller1415: Mar 4 2017, 08:07 PM
kianyang
post Mar 5 2017, 01:17 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(seller1415 @ Mar 4 2017, 08:00 PM)
hello there, in our final conclusion I am so sorry to tell you that ,we can not give you a full refund . it is because if we do so,others will or might follow by saying hey why your product isnt real . so as a result we really can not do this .  we have a lots of buyers bought our exploding kittens so i cant affort the cost of everyone wanted a full refund like you did .  and still rm100 for you is what we can offer for you . Thanks.

please, bro go and do some searching as ONE set is about rm 100++
and we are selling at the price range of 50% of the ori .
so in result do you really think so ? you yourself should beware and do not make rush decision . we business can not survive if everyone only stand at the point and think about their own .how about the business then? Thanks ~
Hi seller1415
So are you saying that if you had unknowingly sold fake copies to your buyers, it's your policy not to refund these buyers even after you realise that mistake ?

I wouldn't know the cost of these cards or where you got your goods from, but I know Amazon sells a set of them at retail for USD 33 ~ RM 146. Given that you priced them as RM 110 a set when you sold them to me, it's only a 25~30% difference. Who knows perhaps you bought them off at retail when our currency was stronger or you had people to buy them for you from US or you really wanted to get rid of your inventory as quickly as possible.

https://www.amazon.com/Imploding-Kittens-Fi...AM01PX1GD9H2S7M

https://www.amazon.com/Exploding-Kittens-Ab...Y4736PB5WAZ8RRK

I was giving you a benefit of a doubt when you said you're unsure since they are of high quality maybe because you've never seen a fake vs original copy before.

This post has been edited by kianyang: Mar 6 2017, 04:42 PM
kianyang
post Mar 7 2017, 11:23 AM

3 posts

Hi seller1415
I'd just like a final follow up from you regarding this matter. After which I will decide my next course of action. Thanks !

kianyang
post Mar 7 2017, 11:24 AM

3 posts

Of course feel free to PM me as well.
kianyang
post Mar 10 2017, 12:17 PM

3 posts

Hi seller1415
It appears that you've stop following up on this thread. I will follow up with you on this offline. Thanks everyone for their opinion.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:56 PM