Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Decision to choose between job offers

views

TSahumanisthere
post Feb 27 2017, 09:42 AM, updated 8y ago

20 posts

I an now serving notice for my current company. Weeks ago, a company has been offered me a junior position and they are kind of pioneer in the industry. It would be different team, different job scope compared to my current one.

Now I have another offer coming in which is senior position with few peoples under my supervision. This job scope will be almost same with the current role I have. In between this jumpship opportunities, I struggled between expanding my knowledge with junior position (pioneer may = to more opportunities to promote/more projects) or exploring a much senior role in same job scope (challenging will be people management part here)

What opinions out there?

Rao94
post Feb 27 2017, 09:50 AM

Casual
367 posts

QUOTE(ahumanisthere @ Feb 27 2017, 09:42 AM)
I an now serving notice for my current company. Weeks ago, a company has been offered me a junior position and they are kind of pioneer in the industry. It would be different team, different job scope compared to my current one.

Now I have another offer coming in which is senior position with few peoples under my supervision. This job scope will be almost same with the current role I have. In between this jumpship opportunities, I struggled between expanding my knowledge with junior position (pioneer may = to more opportunities to promote/more projects) or exploring a much senior role in same job scope (challenging will be people management part here)

What opinions out there?
I think it all depend on how your current situation in your company, if you feel like the current company value your work, if you feel like the company you working now give you work life balance. If yes, I think you should work with them happily.

Otherwise, why not taking a new experience by jump ship to the company offering you better job. Maybe they know your value and will treat you better.

Lastly, nowadays economy every bad, so research about the company first before moving. Who knows they are about to bankrupt or whatsoever. Just my 2 cent !
TSahumanisthere
post Feb 27 2017, 10:00 AM

20 posts

QUOTE(Rao94 @ Feb 27 2017, 09:50 AM)
I think it all depend on how your current situation in your company, if you feel like the current company value your work, if you feel like the company you working now give you work life balance. If yes, I think you should work with them happily.

Otherwise, why not taking a new experience by jump ship to the company offering you better job. Maybe they know your value and will treat you better.

Lastly, nowadays economy every bad, so research about the company first before moving. Who knows they are about to bankrupt or whatsoever. Just my 2 cent !
Hi Rao, thanks! I'm leaving the current soon. Only to which job offer should I accept is the hard question. Should I mind the position or take a pioneer environment as a challenge?
blitzbullet
post Feb 27 2017, 10:27 AM

Getting Started
293 posts

Which one is better paid, better location, better company benefits? Experience wise, I think both are good option.
Rao94
post Feb 27 2017, 11:28 AM

Casual
367 posts

QUOTE(ahumanisthere @ Feb 27 2017, 10:00 AM)
Hi Rao, thanks! I'm leaving the current soon. Only to which job offer should I accept is the hard question. Should I mind the position or take a pioneer environment as a challenge?
Great !

Base on my suggestion, taking up the second job offer would be more satisfy. Simply because the 2nd job offer matches your expertise and experience level. In fact, you get to be in a senior level, more respect for you. Higher salary to help you save money. It will be slightly challenging at the first few months as you have more responsibility and manage few peoples but it will get sorted out as you go.

Secondly, the 1st job offer seems to be out of your expertise, need to worry about the pressure and handwork you need to apply in order to match their expectation. Low salary and more work. Since they are pioneer, there will be more competition among the co-workers to get promoted to senior level.

Hopefully, my suggestion help you decide in a way. Cheers!!!
nexona88
post Feb 27 2017, 11:30 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,806 posts

Hnm needs to see the company background... Financially stable or not..

For me, it's all about the money...
Whichever give the best, I take it...
Belphegor
post Feb 27 2017, 11:35 AM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

Need to know more details; pay, distances to work, tolls, food availability. Things you cannot control would defiNitely he the politics and colleagues so don't mind about that.

As employee, make sure you maximize your chances to get the highest salary, then follow a good boss. That's always been my motto.

I'd rather cry in a BMW than smile on a bicycle. laugh.gif
theevilman1909
post Feb 27 2017, 04:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,063 posts

the place that offer the highest salary..

money is very important nowadays devil.gif
Eulm585
post Feb 27 2017, 07:28 PM

Enthusiast
818 posts

QUOTE(ahumanisthere @ Feb 27 2017, 09:42 AM)

What opinions out there?
My 2 cents is that no matter what field / industry you are working for the experienced gained is beneficial to you. But most important when choosing a company is stability /benefits and monetary gain.

Unless you have a very VERY big interest in doing one or the other field, the 3 criterias should always come first.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0111sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:22 AM