Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[HELP] Things to be aware when I buy online

views

TSwtnmorepc
post Feb 26 2017, 03:28 AM, updated 8y ago

0 posts

Hi everyone, I'm willing to build my very first computer rig. Since I am having a tight budget, I am just going to pick the parts from Lelong. I don't have any experience in buying computer parts online. So here I am looking for help and hopefully you guys who experienced in dealing with online store can lend me a hand. These are the question:

1. Are the products I buy like GPUs, motherboards, etc supposed to come with sealed boxes or anti-static bags?

2. What are the papers I am going and supposed to get when I receive my products? (tax invoice,warranty certificate,receipt, etc )

3. Many stores stated clearly that warranty will not be claimable if the product is physically damaged but what should I do if the product that arrive to me is already physically damaged by someone?

4. Any way to know that the products are either opened or refurbished?

That's all the questions I want to know. Cheers!
niamapunksai
post Feb 26 2017, 03:55 AM

42 posts

Just my humble opinion, u can buy from website like Lazada, etc
**It can get you some good discount by using voucher code
**They have satisfaction guaranteed (if u are not satisfied with the product or suddenly change of mind, u can ask for an exchange or get your money back).
**You can check the product and shop review before u buy it.
graphidz
post Feb 26 2017, 07:23 AM

F.A.T.E
1,408 posts

1) since brand new, of course it comes with a box and sealed* (*sealed as in closed box. can't guarantee if the seller open it before to check inside)
2) just receipt/invoice to claim warranty. just like any other stuff you buy anywhere else
3) usually it's damaged during shipping. ask your seller how to deal
4) opened, no. refurb, can but you'd need to inspect the thing very very carefully, maybe need to open the components, which avoids warranty anyway. you need to trust your seller on the item

i have a feeling that you are very paranoid of online sellers. i advice you to go to a reputable pc shop to build because of that. you could inspect their shop, look at their prices and items and even negotiate for a lower price. you could even save some because you are buying one complete system. if you are adamant to building your own, i can only recommend the sellers in garage sales because i have no experience buying from lelong

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0126sec    0.16    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:39 AM