Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Anxiety

views

TSmichaelbevan
post Feb 22 2017, 04:45 PM, updated 8y ago

1 posts

which treatment is a successful treatment for anxiety?
Xamre
post Feb 22 2017, 04:48 PM

8 posts

i want to know too
Npad
post Feb 22 2017, 05:28 PM

Casual
356 posts

Get professional help in this link. I think it's beyond what a forum can help you with. There are lots of resources in that link that you can reach out to in order to get proper help.
zeropoint9
post Feb 24 2017, 12:46 AM

Casual
424 posts

Anxiety disorder causes both emotional and physical symptoms.You may worry a lot or be afraid that something bad will happen. The anxiety can cause you to blush, sweat, and feel shaky. Your heart may beat faster than normal, and you may have a hard time focusing etc.

Treatment options for Anxiety:
1) Psychotherapy/Counseling/Coaching-Professional talk therapy to overcome the fear may be all that is needed.

2) Hypnotherapy-Hypno-desensitisation affords the possibility of gradually confronting one's fears using imagination thus avoiding the potentially traumatic consequences of exposure therapy. Self-hypnosis can be taught to address anxiety and to repeat the therapeutic suggestions post session. Age regression can guide the client back in time and help the client re-examine the event that initially triggered the fear from an objective point of view thus re-establishing control; it can also be employed to access positive feelings such a s self-confidence, calmness and assertiveness.

3) Medicines-A combination of medicines (such as antidepressants, benzodiazepines, beta-blockers, venlafaxine) and professional counseling may be effective for long-term treatment for people who have generalized anxiety and fear issues.

4) Biofeedback-EEG biofeedback/Neurofeedback therapy is a safe, non-invasive, alternative option for the treatment of anxiety or phobia related problem. Biofeedback is a self-training, mind-over-body technique developed in the 1940s. Doing biofeedback has a slightly science fiction feel to it. But it's entirely legitimate, and it works. Biofeedback therapy is a highly effective research-based treatment for anxiety disorders. The individual is taught how to properly respond to their anxiety and it is one of the ways he or she can learn how to manage and control it without the use of medications. EEG showing higher activity for hi-beta waves in the brain (these waves increase when the mind is stressed. It also teaches the individual how to control the brain’s activity and maintain the proper brainwave levels to achieve a calm and focused state. By returning the body to a healthier physiological state, the “foggy head” that anxiety can cause, as well as the feeling of fear and panic throughout the body, are removed.
darthsabre
post Feb 24 2017, 08:46 PM

7 posts

see a psychiatrist for diagnosis and medication. i was put on them 5 years ago but i weaned off of them 3 years after.

seeing a psychotherapist for counselling also helps.

i still get physical symptoms like palpitations and racing thoughts. i mean, i still feel like i want to die half the time but i am more aware and now know how to manage the symptoms. hard exercise to burn off the excess adrenaline helps, too.

i dont think i will ever be rid of my anxiety disorder but getting help for it makes life more livable. good luck!
Kilohertz
post Feb 26 2017, 07:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,172 posts

Is there any supplements that helps to reduce anxiety? Read about Vit B complex, not sure if it's proven?
laucy.my
post Feb 28 2017, 05:59 AM

Getting Started
161 posts

Meditation and taking time off for yourself. That being said, meditation isn't a one size fits all kind of thing so don't beat yourself up if the one you tried didn't work. There are many different kinds out there, just got to find one that works and stick with it.
Dwango
post Mar 4 2017, 11:21 AM

Casual
491 posts

Get yourself busy or occupied with something. If you are single, get yourself a girlfriend, settle down and have kids. The key is to get occupied and to have an aim in life, to have additional responsibilities which may likely eradicate the sickness that you have. Anxiety may be caused by your lifestyle, the loneliness and lack of aim in life as you have nothing much in your mind as it is left wandering by itself, thinking of ending your life and such. It is some sort of sickness or disease. There are medication that may be effective or physiatrists may help but medication may have side-effects and are not good in the long run. Physiatrists will just give you advice but ultimately it is your own will, your mind that you need to control. IN other words, you are the only one who can control your own mind.
Dwango
post Mar 4 2017, 11:22 AM

Casual
491 posts

QUOTE(michaelbevan @ Feb 22 2017, 04:45 PM)
Can elaborate what kind of anxiety are you suffering from?
Kilohertz
post Mar 31 2017, 08:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,172 posts

QUOTE(pooi_pooi1 @ Mar 3 2017, 04:29 PM)
I think supplement that contains melatonin can ease the body to relax, hence reduce anxiety
I've been looking around for it but I think it's difficult to get supplement that contains melatonin in Malaysia right?
rsf
post Dec 1 2017, 01:12 AM

49 posts

QUOTE(michaelbevan @ Feb 22 2017, 04:45 PM)
Hmm, noticed not much response here, thought to check in.

Are you asking on behalf, or for yourself?
What kind of anxiety experiencing?
How long has it been?

Since you last posted, has there been any intervention?
rsf
post Dec 1 2017, 01:13 AM

49 posts

QUOTE(Kilohertz @ Mar 31 2017, 08:21 AM)
I've been looking around for it but I think it's difficult to get supplement that contains melatonin in Malaysia right?
I wonder if you have considered psychotherapy? Additionally what kind of anxiety and intensity are you experiencing or suffering from?
tisasmith
post Dec 6 2017, 07:43 PM

1 posts

All people problems or thinks anxious from time to time. Anxiety is a regular human effect to stressful conditions. But for people with anxiety problems, those fears along with problems aren't short-term. Their anxiety continues, and also can even get more intense eventually.

Anxiety problems can seriously impair a person's ability to perform at work, school as well as in social conditions. Anxiety can also intervene with a person's relationships with family members & friends. Fortunately, though, there are efficient remedies for anxiety.
Sometimes, medicines have a role in dealing with stress and anxiety problems. Yet analysis shows behavior cure, alone or in blend with drugs, is a highly powerful cure for most people with an anxiety problem.
leftback
post Feb 26 2018, 10:17 AM

45 posts

Experienced anxiety for years and now I've come to realize its a big problem in my life and have decided to take action.

This is what I've done so far:-

Looked for online help, but unable to find an affordable help. The charges are very high.

This book by Dale Carnegie entitled, "Stop Worrying and start living" is very helpful.
sweet_pez
post Feb 26 2018, 02:04 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(leftback @ Feb 26 2018, 10:17 AM)
Experienced anxiety for years and now I've come to realize its a big problem in my life and have decided to take action.

This is what I've done so far:-

Looked for online help, but unable to find an affordable help. The charges are very high.

This book by Dale Carnegie entitled, "Stop Worrying and start living" is very helpful.
You don't necessarily have to go to private offices. Check out the government ones as well, I'm sure they are definitely affordable and just as good:
http://mmha.org.my/resources/directory-of-...lling-services/
johnmayer
post Apr 10 2018, 01:57 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(Kilohertz @ Mar 31 2017, 08:21 AM)
I got mine on Carousell Malaysia for rm45 (10mg).

There are people who helps to pre-order Melatonin from overseas to us - the medicine will take seven days to arrive.

Fat & Fluffy
post Oct 8 2018, 02:29 PM

Casual
397 posts

there're many many ways to treat anxiety... but remember to treat the source no symptom

1) approach counselors then psychologist then psychiatrist if needed

2) treatment, always try non-medication first.. aka meditation/mindfulness or therapy like CBT, cognitive behavioral therapy

3) if all fails then only drugs prescribed by a psychiatrist... to be used together with other non-drug treatment...

dont pandai pandai get own drug and self medicate.... and always seek help...
coolrox86
post Oct 15 2018, 08:48 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

People with anxiety problem can try to have enough sleep, about 7 to 8 hours everyday. Then, the next morning having a cup of Milo or coffee, and biscuits or bread to get carbohydrate and energy. This helps the brain to stay alert and healthy. I have tried to drink coffee every morning, and it does help me to stay focus on the work, although sometimes I do have some mental stress.

Besides that, you can try to find job that you are really interested at, so that when you are busy for working, you will feel satisfied and happy. Work life balance is also important. I think this can help to alleviate the anxiety burden. smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.18    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:23 PM