Place to keep my dog while away - Mont Kiara

TSbtrnart1
post Mar 2 2007, 10:51 AM, updated 18y ago

42 posts

Hi Everyone,

Is there a kennel around mont kiara that can look after my Dog while I travel overseas. Generally, this will happen once every month or 2.
If there is a list, could someone please let me know the charges etc.

Thanks in advance.

kimmie
post Mar 2 2007, 01:47 PM

KIM IMPOSSIBLE
1,532 posts

check the yellow pages.some pet shop do provide boarding facilities
ihawk98
post Mar 2 2007, 02:07 PM

Audere est Facere
1,575 posts

Ikano's Pet Safari.
TSbtrnart1
post Mar 2 2007, 03:13 PM

42 posts

YEah thanks. I was hoping someone knew of a cheaper place....they charge almost 50 a day.

Thanks for your input.

QUOTE(ihawk98 @ Mar 2 2007, 03:07 PM)
Ikano's Pet Safari.
WaCKy-Angel
post Mar 2 2007, 03:16 PM

PeACe~~
21,509 posts

I know there's a pet shop at Sri Hartamas..
The shoplot beside Petronas (petronas near sri hartamas shopping ctr)
But im not sure whether they got this service or not.
crazymouse_yyh
post Mar 2 2007, 07:36 PM

www.suggiesathome .wordpress.com
12,047 posts

My friend boarded his GR at pet safari before... came back full of ticks... pity the dog.

Actually, got some people offer cheaper boarding.... a friend of mine has a friend that do boarding.... I think RM25 a day.... but I'm not sure where is the place, possible to be around PJ area.
Digitral
post Mar 2 2007, 07:41 PM

Full Capdase Product
7,578 posts

QUOTE(btrnart1 @ Mar 2 2007, 10:51 AM)
Hi Everyone,

Is there a kennel around mont kiara that can look after my Dog while I travel overseas.  Generally, this will happen once every month or 2.
If there is a list, could someone please let me know the charges etc.

Thanks in advance.
damansara jaya got boarding service too , but rm 30 a day , but i think can ask cheaper from her ^^ , u wan to know her pet store's number ? allow me to know if you want the address and hp of the pet store
mthc
post Mar 4 2007, 10:38 PM

4,525 posts

QUOTE(crazymouse_yyh @ Mar 2 2007, 07:36 PM)
My friend boarded his GR at pet safari before... came back full of ticks... pity the dog.

Actually, got some people offer cheaper boarding.... a friend of mine has a friend that do boarding.... I think RM25 a day.... but I'm not sure where is the place, possible to be around PJ area.
Is it Pet Safari in The Curve?

They got a pet hotel inside.. Got pet clinic.. wah lao.. pet luckier than humans there
simchi
post Mar 5 2007, 12:28 AM

Meanie.
820 posts

I boarded my dog at pet safari . it's like a jail , pity the GR next cage . my dog spent about 3 hours there and she looked so traumatized when i collect her sad.gif
Digitral
post Mar 5 2007, 12:38 AM

Full Capdase Product
7,578 posts

QUOTE(simchi @ Mar 5 2007, 12:28 AM)
I boarded my dog at pet safari . it's like a jail , pity the GR next cage . my dog spent about 3 hours there and she looked so traumatized when i collect her sad.gif
sound really bad if boarded your dog there ...but i heard many complain from pet safari about their boarding services is really bad , never trust it . pity those dog only.

yyteik
post Mar 13 2007, 11:43 AM

..::Upgraded::..
1,172 posts

QUOTE(crazymouse_yyh @ Mar 2 2007, 07:36 PM)

the RM25 is somewhere in puchong....
Digitral
post Mar 13 2007, 06:21 PM

Full Capdase Product
7,578 posts

what my friend who work at damansara jaya as a groomer tell me that pet safari hotel no good because got lots of virus. because the spaces for the pet hotel is too huge . sure will get virus from there , sure one of the dog got virus will effect others too .
julnoel
post Mar 13 2007, 06:52 PM

739 posts

Some petshops offer boarding services. But bear in mind, when they say things like PET HOTEL and things like that, dont imagine plush beds with air conditioning.

Its usually metal cages, perhaps small too.

I'll usually leave my dog with a dog lover relative/friend or sth then at least my dog will get enough attention/affection/food etc.

They say if you leave your dogs at such boarders, and come back a few days/weeks later, the dog will be like moody/angry etc due to the emotional trauma, esp. if its a manja dog.
Digitral
post Mar 13 2007, 09:43 PM

Full Capdase Product
7,578 posts

QUOTE(julnoel @ Mar 13 2007, 06:52 PM)
Some petshops offer boarding services. But bear in mind, when they say things like PET HOTEL and things like that, dont imagine plush beds with air conditioning.

Its usually metal cages, perhaps small too.

I'll usually leave my dog with a dog lover relative/friend or sth then at least my dog will get enough attention/affection/food etc.

They say if you leave your dogs at such boarders, and come back a few days/weeks later, the dog will be like moody/angry etc due to the emotional trauma, esp. if its a manja dog.
yeah ... this is what i heard from one of my friend which is groomer too...
well what u say the pet hotel is true . is not with beds with air conditioning. is with metal cages and maybe if full house edi . then they still let those pet check in . and let those small / toy dogs stay together in a metal cage around 4-5 dogs inside a metal cage . actually is very pity one ler. those dogs dunno each other , and not dare to move either. is ery cruel . that's why after come out from those pet hotel , they become more aggresive and moody . that what money fault , because of money , they dun care what is the good quality of a service. and just want make good money.

nextor
post Mar 14 2007, 12:05 PM

hav one shop around pudu side. my fren used to put her dog there during cny when she is not around. i havent tried it b4 though....but im afraid my dog wont be welcome there..coz he only recognise me feeding him...sad.gif duno if it's good or bad...

went back hometown for 4 days during cny n asked my housemate to take care of my dog.. my dog wont allow him to touch his meal plate n even the water bowl..my fren told me he growled very fiercely when my fren tried to reach his bowl...my fren hav to feed him from inside de house using pipe n use fill the water bowl from inside too ..haha..seriously dont know should be glad on this or worry on my dog's behaviour.. but im glad though.. sigh..no one can even stand close to his "area" now. who ever get close to his area he will show his fierce fierce face n barks. sigh..

im too happy he is so.. but too worry tat no one can feed him..sad.gif
ihawk98
post Mar 14 2007, 01:12 PM

Audere est Facere
1,575 posts

i've boarded my dog at pet safari twice so far and he's been fine. but i am sure everyone's experience could be different.

This post has been edited by ihawk98: Mar 14 2007, 01:12 PM
Digitral
post Mar 14 2007, 07:58 PM

Full Capdase Product
7,578 posts

QUOTE(ihawk98 @ Mar 14 2007, 01:12 PM)
i've boarded my dog at pet safari twice so far and he's been fine.  but i am sure everyone's experience could be different.
yeah different people different experience wan . wub.gif
but stay at pet safari quite xpensive right . rm 50 per day right ?
angelus_devil
post Aug 15 2007, 08:34 PM

how about in areas like seremban,kajang and batu caves.. does anyone knows a pet lodge? i am looking for one to put my pet puppy for one week. as i am going away for a business trip. any one knows? please help?
jaunty_niel
post Aug 15 2007, 11:05 PM

i love ribena.
3,260 posts

i think there's a boarding service provided by mamadog..
tr3ko
post Aug 16 2007, 01:28 AM

there is a pet hotel along LDP near kelana jaya secondary school

0.0221sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:24 PM