Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade rights, Windows 10 Pro OEM downgrade rights

views

TSclpiau
post Feb 22 2017, 09:28 AM, updated 8y ago

12 posts

Anyone have idea whether Windows 10 Pro OEM can be downgraded to Windows 7 Pro or not. I have googled and found out link to a document that saying it can be downgraded however according to my vendor it requires purchase of open license upgrade pack to be able to do that. Appreciate the advice
YoungMan
post Feb 22 2017, 01:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

You can't downgrade an OEM licence. from what I know you have to purchase licence with downgrade rights.
TSclpiau
post Feb 22 2017, 04:59 PM

12 posts

While googling for more info on this I stumbled upon this in Spiceworks forum. Downgrade rights

Windows EULA

Downgrade Rights. If you acquired a device from a manufacturer or installer with a Professional version of Windows preinstalled on it, you may use either a Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 7 Professional version, but only for so long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version as set forth in (aka.ms/windowslifecycle). This agreement applies to your use of the earlier versions. If the earlier version includes different components, any terms for those components in the agreement that comes with the earlier version apply to your use of such components. Neither the manufacturer or installer, nor Microsoft, is obligated to supply earlier versions to you. You must obtain the earlier version separately, for which you may be charged a fee. At any time, you may replace an earlier version with the version you originally acquired.

Need some clarification

This post has been edited by clpiau: Feb 22 2017, 05:00 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0109sec    0.52    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:51 PM