Cross MyKad for Telco or Loan

TSaBcD-|
post Feb 20 2017, 09:59 PM, updated 8y ago

935 posts

Okay this might be boring question. But crossing an IC really prevent from identity theft? I mean they can simply photoshop to get rid over the text right?

So now I dealing with celcom dealer, he insist that my cross shouldn't cross over words, photo and chip (background only).

Cross over these will void the validation of IC? I don't know since I crossed a lot while applying ptptn loan.

Ptptn seems okay with it, celcom doesn't?
audi90
post Feb 20 2017, 10:05 PM

95 posts

its ok..

I usually edit in Photoshop put big2 title then transparent to 50%..
so far no problem even the word cross the entire IC, still can see through

even the pulis advice me to do that, if want to register for something which involved IC..

TSaBcD-|
post Feb 20 2017, 10:28 PM

935 posts

Thanks for sharing. I was using paint to write "FOR CELCOM APPLICATION ONLY" and it is a transparent too.

Even so, the dealer doesn't allow me cross over text, chip and picture. Only cross background available...

I mean if I cross at background assume at middle somewhere without intercept to text, chip and picture. Is that still valid or safe to submit?
vanpersie91
post Feb 21 2017, 07:34 AM

Regular-ly posting shits and stuffs
1,478 posts

I'm curious about this as well

does our application that involved IC such as Insurance policy application, telco, etc etc will get invalid if I just big big cross the front copy?
TSaBcD-|
post Feb 21 2017, 08:54 AM

935 posts

QUOTE(vanpersie91 @ Feb 21 2017, 07:34 AM)
I'm curious about this as well

does our application that involved IC such as Insurance policy application, telco, etc etc will get invalid if I just big big cross the front copy?
First time I encountered this issue. Previously dealt with, banks, ptptn, university admission, job application. These industries don't have problem with big crossing.

Telco doesn't? Or, just saying, the dealer I dealing with ONLY has skill to photoshop background from crossing. This is the simplest skill?

Btw, I worry about it due to my parent IC photocopy without crossing, got stolen and misuse for borrowing loan from bank.

It really happen to people around me. I have seen how irradiate it can be.
jesseclane
post Feb 21 2017, 09:26 AM

223 posts

I use mspaint only, "UNTUK KEGUNAAN XXXXX" but make sure did not cover any word. so far no problem.
vanpersie91
post Feb 21 2017, 10:07 AM

Regular-ly posting shits and stuffs
1,478 posts

QUOTE(aBcD-| @ Feb 21 2017, 08:54 AM)
First time I encountered this issue. Previously dealt with, banks, ptptn, university admission, job application. These industries don't have problem with big crossing.

Telco doesn't? Or, just saying, the dealer I dealing with ONLY has skill to photoshop background from crossing. This is the simplest skill?

Btw, I worry about it due to my parent IC photocopy without crossing, got stolen and misuse for borrowing loan from bank.

It really happen to people around me. I have seen how irradiate it can be.
Because I encounter same problem as well when wanna apply for insurance policy few months back.

Padahal I just put a line at corner of IC, itu pun my agent already felt tak senang. Probably afraid kena rejected kot.

But since he got put chop "UNTUK KEGUNAAN <insurance company name> SAHAJA" then ok lor

QUOTE(jesseclane @ Feb 21 2017, 09:26 AM)
I use mspaint only, "UNTUK KEGUNAAN XXXXX" but make sure did not cover any word. so far no problem.
good idea. thanks thumbup.gif
shinchan^^
post Feb 21 2017, 03:13 PM

K66
21,256 posts

normally cross big one
they want business they ok one
amxpayne67
post Feb 22 2017, 10:32 AM

The Coon
718 posts

Unker crossed any copy of my identification documents. So far no problem.
plouffle0789
post Aug 27 2019, 01:04 PM

1,035 posts

QUOTE(amxpayne67 @ Feb 22 2017, 10:32 AM)
Unker crossed any copy of my identification documents. So far no problem.
write normal word or write senget???
SUShaswell88
post Aug 27 2019, 10:58 PM

As long the number and name readable should be fine. TS should not give in. If dealer insist, better go for other dealer. Either he blur or he might use yr copy for other purpose.

0.0152sec    0.16    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:36 AM