Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Android / Other TV Box, see Page 1 first... V2

views

PRSXFENG
post Sep 22 2022, 10:24 AM

Enthusiast
795 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Sep 21 2022, 11:33 PM)
I forgot to mention , the budget for Google Android tv certification is over budget which cost over rm350-400 adding with chromecast will cost overrm500.

I just need a android device which can support mirror screen with sound and cast to another Smart TV to support both TV running same video without needed a cable.There is no wireless HDMI , even got will cost over rm300.
Your use case is certainly an odd one, so you want 1 android tv box to display to 1 tv while also casting to another smart tv?
Most android tv boxes are intended to be a target for casting, not as a source

Also, chromecast is built into the box so you dont have to buy extra...

the mecool km2 is ~rm250, not ~350 to 400

honestly, you got a few options
1. 2 boxes, doing their own thing
2. hdmi splitter from the 1 box to 2 tvs
Maxieos
post Sep 22 2022, 08:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,606 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Sep 22 2022, 09:35 AM)
usb powering 2.5" HDD is common... all my boxes can do that, no problem.

casting, mirroring... no much idea.
Can help me to test your android box can support casing , mirroring ?
I miss out another question

Can android box support webcam usb plugin ? so can video call with each other.
QUOTE(PRSXFENG @ Sep 22 2022, 10:24 AM)
Your use case is certainly an odd one, so you want 1 android tv box to display to 1 tv while also casting to another smart tv?
Most android tv boxes are intended to be a target for casting, not as a source

Also, chromecast is built into the box so you dont have to buy extra...

the mecool km2 is ~rm250, not ~350 to 400

honestly, you got a few options
1. 2 boxes, doing their own thing
2. hdmi splitter from the 1 box to 2 tvs
Thanks , but I can't even find a single review on mecool km2 mention on screen casing

The Hdmi splitter require a very long cable which need to cut and nail the wall.I prefer wireless but wireless hdmi is too expensive.

Actually , I just need to mirror android box to the smart TV. Do you have android box or smart TV ? can help me to test whether an android box can support mirror screen to tv ? I know most android phone can do it like samsung smart view but not sure on android box.

asrin
post Sep 23 2022, 08:37 AM

On my way
655 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Sep 22 2022, 08:33 PM)
Can help me to test your android box can support casing , mirroring ?
I miss out another question

Can android box support webcam usb plugin ? so can video call with each other.

Thanks , but I can't even find a single review on mecool km2 mention on screen casing

The Hdmi splitter require a very long cable which need to cut and nail the wall.I prefer wireless but wireless hdmi is too expensive.

Actually , I just need to mirror android box to the smart TV. Do you have android box or smart TV ? can help me to test whether an android box can support mirror screen to tv ? I know most android phone can do it like samsung smart view but not sure on android box.
1) No android box can mirror cast to smart TV due to Android box can receive transmission..not send..but there is an app that can do the same like mirror cast..but it's so lag..test between android phone to Android car play..

2) android box do support webcam..just plug and play..just the mic it's not sensitive..maybe cap ayam webcam..

peter32
post Sep 23 2022, 09:26 AM

心旷神怡
1,121 posts

Curious Question:

Can we use TV Box to install facebook messenger to do video call ? Obviously that means we need to connect a webcam and Mic to its USB port. Effectively make the TV box as tool to do video communication.
Maxieos
post Sep 24 2022, 06:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,606 posts

QUOTE(asrin @ Sep 23 2022, 08:37 AM)
1) No android box can mirror cast to smart TV due to Android box can receive transmission..not send..but there is an app that can do the same like mirror cast..but it's so lag..test between android phone to Android car play..

2) android box do support webcam..just plug and play..just the mic it's not sensitive..maybe cap ayam webcam..
What is the limitation ? As I know most stock android version 4 already have this function , driver and etc.Chipset should have it since it's a basic tech on every chipset.

Anyone can test whether rooted android box can work with mirror cast ?
https://android.stackexchange.com/questions...s/204792#204792

Thank you
linkinstreet
post Sep 24 2022, 07:27 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,844 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Sep 24 2022, 06:45 AM)
What is the limitation ? As I know most stock android version 4 already have this function , driver and etc.Chipset should have it since it's a basic tech on every chipset.
Because the idea of an Android Box is to output it to a permanent display, and receive cast. For Android TV OS, the function to mirror itself is simply not included in the OS. For those cheap Android TV box, the developer has hidden the function in lieu of being a miracast receiver.

Technically there is a way, via teamviewer. But honestly mirroring/remote desktop quality is too shitty that I would just rather use a HDMI splitter. And if you feel that wiring a HDMI cable is too ugly, get a HDMI injector and pull an ethernet cable that is much easier to hide instead.
PRSXFENG
post Sep 24 2022, 09:22 AM

Enthusiast
795 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Sep 24 2022, 06:45 AM)

Anyone can test whether rooted android box can work with mirror cast ?
https://android.stackexchange.com/questions...s/204792#204792

Thank you
Pretty sure Miracast in its entirety has been removed from android 9 and beyond.

Truth it, this was never an intended use case for these boxes
So either get 2 boxes, get a HDMI splitter and run cables, or something else
PRSXFENG
post Sep 24 2022, 09:23 AM

Enthusiast
795 posts

QUOTE(peter32 @ Sep 23 2022, 09:26 AM)
Curious Question:

Can we use TV Box to install facebook messenger to do video call ? Obviously that means we need to connect a webcam and Mic to its USB port. Effectively make the TV box as tool to do video communication.
I know Google duo/meet does, but not sure if Facebook messenger supports it

It might work but the app may not be optimized for a tv big screen experience

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0167sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th September 2022 - 03:54 AM