Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Android / Other TV Box, see Page 1 first... V2

views

Andrewtst
post Apr 20 2019, 06:32 PM

Apple TV 4K simply awesome
Group: Veteran

QUOTE(voncrane @ Apr 20 2019, 03:53 PM)
There are ones with IR remote.. This one confirm have.. But as per IR limitations.. Must place the receiver and point...line of sight.. I prefer having things tucked away if can.. So need to search if got Bluetooth or similar type now. Nevertheless, most important is that it does the switches passthrough style.
Going to check out now, is time digging the internet. Haha! Thanks for let me know such thing exist. smile.gif
megadisc
post Apr 21 2019, 12:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

hi need help
my tv cant detect signal from my tv box
my dvbt2 box unable to send signal
it switch on and shows boot logo for a second then shows ----
then nothing....

what can i do ?
voncrane
post Apr 21 2019, 05:33 AM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(megadisc @ Apr 21 2019, 12:04 AM)
hi need help
my tv cant detect signal from my tv box
my dvbt2 box unable to send signal
it switch on and shows boot logo for a second then shows ----
then nothing....

what can i do ?
Since the TV is able to show the boot logo and then blanks out? It's able to detect the signals, it's just the box no sending the right ones. Box is probably stuck in a boot loop. If you can access it's recovery mode, try booting there to clear the cache and dalvik.. See if that helps. Else, try a factory reset.
megadisc
post Apr 21 2019, 07:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(voncrane @ Apr 21 2019, 05:33 AM)
Since the TV is able to show the boot logo and then blanks out? It's able to detect the signals, it's just the box no sending the right ones. Box is probably stuck in a boot loop. If you can access it's recovery mode, try booting there to clear the cache and dalvik.. See if that helps. Else, try a factory reset.
ummm..the tv does not show the boot logo or detect signal.

the tv box just shows the word boot for a second after switch on then back to showing lines ---- ..

any ideas ?

voncrane
post Apr 21 2019, 08:07 AM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(megadisc @ Apr 21 2019, 07:03 AM)
ummm..the tv does not show the boot logo or detect signal.

the tv box just shows the word boot for a second after switch on then back to showing lines ---- ..

any ideas ?
Try the possible solutions as per my previous post.
galkelly
post Apr 21 2019, 10:52 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

hi guys ... is there box that can play game smoothly.
apart from NvidiaShield, Minix, Himedia...(high end.)
those lower brand rm300+ can play PUBG smoothly ?
Scissorshand
post Apr 22 2019, 07:37 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(galkelly @ Apr 21 2019, 10:52 PM)
hi guys ...  is there box that can play game smoothly.
S905x2 boxes?
GHOSTVIC
post Apr 22 2019, 01:12 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(voncrane @ Apr 18 2019, 11:03 PM)
Bruh.. Seems like you not following my advice. You already have a smart tv to handle Netflix at native res and surround sound. Focus on other things.. I gave recommendations and explanations.. All you have to do is read and decide.. It's a done deal. Later you go and get sold snake oil.. Don't complain yeah..
Hi bro, like u said my tv netflix already capable of playing in 4k uhd hdr with 5.1 dolby. Initially i wanted to have same feature from netflix installed in androidbox. I also had idea of using Vpn so can go for more content, since my tv not allowed to do so. But after reading what boxes netflix certified, which can play 4k, which can do atmos, restrictions.. i backoff from this netflix+atmos mindset.

Based on my current understanding from all of you guys input i can conclude..

1. Nvidea shield capable of 4k hdr and atmos, can play netflix in 4k but nonatmos. App freedom wise need to dig more if any restrictions.
2. Apple 4k tv compatible with netflix can play 4k and atmos. App or apk freedom.wise there is restrictions.
3. Himedia q10 4k hdr atmos capable, but not netflix certified able to install apk but up to 720. App freedom unlimited.
4. Minix neou9h 4k hdr nonatmos, works similar to himidea.
5. Xiomi mibox support 4k netflix nonatmos, app freedom unlimited.

Correct me if im wrong..

Based on @AVFAN template

.. your broadband speed.
➡100mbps
.. will use ethernet or wifi?
➡Ethernet direct connection from router
.. want only english or only canto or only mandarin or...?
➡English, korean, chinese
.. want eng subs, chinese subs, whatever subs...?
➡Eng subs, malay subs
.. want movies or tv shows or live tv, what languages... give examples.
➡Movies, tvshows,live tv
...must have live sports incl all epl?
➡Sports epl, laliga, foxsports, skysports
.. can accept sd or only want hd?
➡HD uhd hdr
.. want hd audio (dtshdma, dd truehd) pass thru for yr home theater?
➡Dolby audio, dts, dd
.. want legit iptv like netflix, iflix, astro on the go, hypptv everywhere?
➡Astro on the go, unifiplaytv but i believe it only works in nonrooted box.
.. want ahem iptv , i.e. aztro and the like?
.. your knowledge level with androids?
➡Knowledge upto instalation, apps, using android mobile. Not up to rooting or troubleshooting. Still new for this android box chapter.
.. budget - min and maximum
➡300 to 600

Now im thinking of getting HIMIDEA Q10PRO / MINIX NEOU9H,
Comparing on
- performance and firmware issues
- app tolerance..
- audio video quality
- root or nonrooted is it necessary for hav all the apps installed
- and extra

This post has been edited by GHOSTVIC: Apr 22 2019, 01:20 PM
voncrane
post Apr 22 2019, 02:05 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(galkelly @ Apr 21 2019, 10:52 PM)
hi guys ...  is there box that can play game smoothly.
Compatible SoCs: Tegra X1, Allwinner H6, Realtek RTD1295, Hisilicon Hi3798CV200, Amlogic S912, S905X2, S905Y2, Rockchip RK3288, RK3368, RK3399.
Incompatible SoCs: All the rest where S905X, S905W, RK3328, RK3229 stand out … basically all those that mount Mali-450 GPU.

As per Scissorshand's suggestion.. Yep, latest AML and should be good. BUT remember that PUBG is a "built for Android OS" app and NOT an Android TV OS app. Hence, be wise to restrict your search to only boxes running the regular Android OS for optimum game compatibility. I'd recommend say the latest Mecool KM3..It's going cheaper now and within your budget. However, I believe it's running Android TV OS and high chance it's rooted. So there's that.. Buy at own risk... Again, if I and PUBG is absolute criteria? Stick to boxes powered by regular Android OS & confirmed un-rooted only!

Lastly, the game requires a minimum of 2GB ROM to install.. So make sure there's more than that as that size will grow.. FYI, not a PUBG player..hence, can't give you direct response.

QUOTE(GHOSTVIC @ Apr 22 2019, 01:12 PM)
Hi bro,  like u said my tv netflix already capable of playing in 4k uhd hdr with 5.1 dolby. Initially i wanted to have same feature from netflix installed in androidbox. I also had idea of using Vpn so can go for more content, since my tv not allowed to do so. But after reading what boxes netflix certified, which can play 4k, which can do atmos, restrictions.. i backoff from this netflix+atmos mindset.

Based on my current understanding from all of you guys input i can conclude..

1. Nvidea shield capable of 4k hdr and atmos, can play netflix in 4k but nonatmos. App freedom wise need to dig more if any restrictions.
2. Apple 4k tv compatible with netflix can play 4k and atmos. App or apk freedom.wise there is restrictions.
3. Himedia q10 4k hdr atmos capable, but not netflix certified able to install apk but up to 720. App freedom unlimited.
4. Minix neou9h 4k hdr nonatmos, works similar to himidea.
5. Xiomi mibox support 4k netflix nonatmos, app freedom unlimited.

Correct me if im wrong..

Based on @AVFAN template

.. your broadband speed.
➡100mbps
.. will use ethernet or wifi?
➡Ethernet direct connection from router
.. want only english or only canto or only mandarin or...?
➡English, korean, chinese
.. want eng subs, chinese subs, whatever subs...?
➡Eng subs, malay subs
.. want movies or tv shows or live tv, what languages... give examples.
➡Movies, tvshows,live tv
...must have live sports incl all epl?
➡Sports epl, laliga, foxsports, skysports
.. can accept sd or only want hd?
➡HD uhd hdr
.. want hd audio (dtshdma, dd truehd) pass thru for yr home theater?
➡Dolby audio, dts, dd
.. want legit iptv like netflix, iflix, astro on the go, hypptv everywhere?
➡Astro on the go, unifiplaytv but i believe it only works in nonrooted box.
.. want ahem iptv , i.e. aztro and the like?
.. your knowledge level with androids?
➡Knowledge upto instalation, apps, using android mobile. Not up to rooting or troubleshooting. Still new for this android box chapter.
.. budget - min and maximum
➡300 to 600

Now im thinking of getting HIMIDEA Q10PRO / MINIX NEOU9H,
Comparing on
- performance and firmware issues
- app tolerance..
- audio video quality
- root or nonrooted is it necessary for hav all the apps installed
- and extra
Yes.... And we are back right where we started... Read back comparisons between the 2.. The one that most matches your needs will pop right out. IMO... Minix, as it ticks all the boxes...but your call la... As for AVFAN's list of questions.. They are now "outdated".. Can't discuss illegal iptv stuffs anymore. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by voncrane: Apr 22 2019, 02:06 PM
darkskies
post Apr 22 2019, 04:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!

I've been quite curious. I plan to build a tvbox by assembling my own using AMD mobo and processor. Installing the android OS on it. I've no idea how compatible between AMD and android but as for Intel processors, it should work fine.
Why i plan to use a cpu over a made out of factory tv box because these stuffs break down easily.
Compared to Intel why i wanted AMD ? I'm sure given such scenarios, android are not resource hogging stuffs. AMD could easily stand up to the performance.
I've tried to research on TVbox build on AMD but not getting any results. Anyone can point me one ? Thx.
puchongite
post Apr 22 2019, 04:09 PM

10k Club
Group: Veteran

QUOTE(darkskies @ Apr 22 2019, 04:06 PM)
I've been quite curious. I plan to build a tvbox by assembling my own using AMD mobo and processor. Installing the android OS on it. I've no idea how compatible between AMD and android but as for Intel processors, it should work fine.
Why i plan to use a cpu over a made out of factory tv box because these stuffs break down easily.
Compared to Intel why i wanted AMD ? I'm sure given such scenarios, android are not resource hogging stuffs. AMD could easily stand up to the performance.
I've tried to research on TVbox build on AMD but not getting any results. Anyone can point me one ? Thx.
Haha biggest question is why do it your own ?

If hobby then OK lor.
skyforcerld
post Apr 22 2019, 04:28 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(darkskies @ Apr 22 2019, 04:06 PM)
But....WHHHYYYYY?????

If me, i would just build a Windows HTPC. Been there, done that. It's way more flexible than Android. make sure the GPU can output all the various DD True HD, DTS-MA, etc etc whatever you need. You don't need a high-end GPU for it.
darkskies
post Apr 22 2019, 04:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(puchongite @ Apr 22 2019, 04:09 PM)
Haha biggest question is why do it your own ?

If hobby then OK lor.
Exactly hobby.

QUOTE(skyforcerld @ Apr 22 2019, 04:28 PM)
But....WHHHYYYYY?????

If me, i would just build a Windows HTPC. Been there, done that. It's way more flexible than Android. make sure the GPU can output all the various DD True HD, DTS-MA, etc etc whatever you need. You don't need a high-end GPU for it.
Not into windows because windows will ate a chunk of resources off easily. I prefer Android because it's light on resources and there's a whole lotsa stuff you can do with android that's free on playstore.
Actually i worried about GPU and if android able to work well with soundcards.....

skyforcerld
post Apr 22 2019, 04:47 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(darkskies @ Apr 22 2019, 04:41 PM)
Exactly hobby.
Not into windows because windows will ate a chunk of resources off easily.  I prefer Android because it's light on resources and there's a whole lotsa stuff you can do with android that's free on playstore.
Actually i worried about GPU and if android able to work well with soundcards.....
Erm..if you have 4GB RAM, Windows 10 works fine. Add an SSD and it will be speed demon just like mine. You also can run an Android emulator on it.

If you're looking to build Android OS with AMD/Intel Hardware....i can say you are really looking at a very difficult project...Btw,i think you can forget about soundcards, you don't really need it nowadays. And i doubt you can find any Android drivers that works with Discrete soundcards.
voncrane
post Apr 22 2019, 11:52 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(darkskies @ Apr 22 2019, 04:41 PM)
Exactly hobby.
Not into windows because windows will ate a chunk of resources off easily.  I prefer Android because it's light on resources and there's a whole lotsa stuff you can do with android that's free on playstore.
How about something along the lines of the ODROID-N2? I'm currently eyeing it for similar and home NAS purposes.
tharmaraj
post Yesterday, 07:55 AM

Getting Started

Folks, is there an app on sound booster for android TV box? If yes, which would you recommend?
muncheno
post Yesterday, 08:31 AM

On my way

QUOTE(voncrane @ Apr 22 2019, 11:52 PM)
How about something along the lines of the ODROID-N2? I'm currently eyeing it for similar and home NAS purposes.
Seems like good stuff.
It would nice to have it running as Android media station + Nas.
hellfire_my
post Yesterday, 12:12 PM

On my way

QUOTE(skyforcerld @ Apr 22 2019, 04:28 PM)
But....WHHHYYYYY?????

Be aware, some apk are only compile for arm compatible only. Which i think you might find problem using windows htpc.

This post has been edited by hellfire_my: Yesterday, 12:12 PM
voncrane
post Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(tharmaraj @ Apr 23 2019, 07:55 AM)
Folks, is there an app on sound booster for android TV box? If yes, which would you recommend?
Seek out the app ViPER4Android..... I haven't tried it on any Android powered boxes (as I have no need for it due to HDMI passthrough and HT).. But it works beautifully on my phone. Been using it for years and is one of the first apps along with Titanium Backup that I always install. Careful though, as it's a complex app. But you can get the hang of it.. Another much simpler sound mod app would be the "Dolby Atmos" app.

If all else fails? Try using a normal media player.. I recommend Poweramp Music Player.. Has decent equalizer controls.

QUOTE(muncheno @ Apr 23 2019, 08:31 AM)
Seems like good stuff.
It would nice to have it running as Android media station + Nas.
It's good stuff and has the all new Amlogic S922X SoC, same as the Beelink GT1-K TV Box. Rumors are that within the next few months. More Android boxes will be released sporting this new SoC.. So, this who can wait? Best to wait and see what's being released. Looking at you HiMedia and Minix..I've been awaiting the Odroid N2's release for some time now.. There's Android 9 Pie ready, just have to wait a couple more months for 64Bit and stability... Which is fine by me as I'd like to see it run in the real world first.. See how the community sets it up as a media player and NAS combined, versus just a NAS alone.. If it's all good? Then I'll grab one and retire my Neo U1.

Odroid-N2 Software support

Linux
An Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (full 64bit) image is available with Kernel version 4.9.152 LTS at this moment. This kernel version will be officially supported until Jan, 2023.
A hardware accelerated video decoder (VPU) driver is ready. We have c2player and kplayer examples which can play 4K/UHD H.265 60fps videos smoothly on the framebuffer of ODROID-N2 HDMI output.
The Mali G52 GPU Linux driver works only on the framebuffer. We tested the latest PPSSPP emulation and it can handle x3 scaling on a 4K display nicely with well implemented VSYNC.
There will be a Linux Wayland driver a few months later. We are intensively working on it together with Arm and Amlogic.
Unfortunately, there is no X11 GPU driver since Arm has no plan to support X11 for Bifrost GPUs anymore.
We hope that the Panfrost open source driver can be ported to ODROID-N2 soon.

Android
Android 9 Pie is ready, and we will release a full source code BSP and pre-built image together.
At this moment, Android user land supports only a 32bit system while the Kernel runs in 64bit mode.
We will eventually try to support a 64bit Android system with Vulkan capable GPU driver in a few months.

QUOTE(hellfire_my @ Apr 23 2019, 12:12 PM)
Be aware, some apk are only compile for arm compatible only. Which i think you might find problem using windows htpc.
True and critical... HW-wise? fine.. a HTPC rules and will last longer as you can upgrade at will. Besides that? Price to performance ratio, apps compatibility, power consumption, etc.. Android wins... It's where the ehem apps are mostly too.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Yesterday, 01:08 PM
darkskies
post Yesterday, 04:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(skyforcerld @ Apr 22 2019, 04:47 PM)
Erm..if you have 4GB RAM, Windows 10 works fine. Add an SSD and it will be speed demon just like mine. You also can run an Android emulator on it.

If you're looking to build Android OS with AMD/Intel Hardware....i can say you are really looking at a very difficult project...Btw,i think you can forget about soundcards, you don't really need it nowadays. And i doubt you can find any Android drivers that works with Discrete soundcards.
I've installed Android on my old laptop before and it runs. The only thing that doesn't work is the wifi and googleplay could not work properly due to fail to deterine my location. Ya.. for the soundcard i believe it won't work and nowadays most use DAC.

QUOTE(voncrane @ Apr 22 2019, 11:52 PM)
Will take alook at the Odroid-N2.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0948sec    0.85    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2019 - 02:50 AM