Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Best broadband for Shah Alam to play online game, Best broadband for Shah Alam

views

TSdr-ajin
post Feb 18 2017, 02:01 PM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
52 posts

I hope I'm posting at the right section. I've seen similar post in Kopitiam section but that was like 4 years ago and quality of services change over time.

I'm doing my intern in Shah Alam for half a year, and landline like streamyx or unifi is not an option since it has contract.

Can anyone recommend me which telco is best to play online game in Shah Alam? (Section 3, to be more precise, it if matters)
Latency is most important. Bandwidth not so important. Currently using Celcom postpaid and I was hoping to get a better ping.
I play MMORPG, meaning as much as latency is not as demanding as playing dota2 for example, having the best latency is always good.
I don't care if it's prepaid or postpaid. Most important is latency and consistency. Pricing is second factor.

If celcom is really the best option then I'll just stick to celcom. Thank you in advance for incoming feedbacks biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
iZuDeeN
post Feb 19 2017, 09:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,334 posts

gaming use wired either streamyx or unifi..
u need to have good latency which wireless cant provide
azhar75
post Feb 19 2017, 10:57 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,523 posts

If you still insist to try/test how good gaming via cellular network, then, I recommend you to try PREPAID plan to test all telcos performance.

Please bear in mind that currently all telcos are doing upgrading/seeding to their network which should be completed by July this year. So, expect irregularities in the cellular network performance.
lunatique
post Feb 19 2017, 04:20 PM

Taking my sweet time reaching for the top
503 posts

So-so with Umobile. Sometimes ok. sometimes not. But only applies to indoors.

As far is outdoor is concerned, still quite ok. But no power socket to plug charger.
stevenlee
post Feb 19 2017, 05:44 PM

look @ my Star *o* ...hoho
3,093 posts

Try digi first as their broadband is kinda cheap and can get it on prepaid
Rm100 for 68gb which is huge
TSdr-ajin
post Feb 23 2017, 09:47 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Thank you for the replies everyone. Think i will try few sim starting with umobile
sinslayer91
post Mar 13 2017, 04:59 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(dr-ajin @ Feb 23 2017, 09:47 PM)
Thank you for the replies everyone. Think i will try few sim starting with umobile
pls share your result bro. I'm also trying to find broadband with the lowest latency.
TSdr-ajin
post Apr 9 2017, 01:40 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(sinslayer91 @ Mar 13 2017, 02:29 PM)
pls share your result bro. I'm also trying to find broadband with the lowest latency.
I didn't try umobile in the end because i didn't like the plan.

Only tested on celcom and digi. from my experience, celcom is better in every way but is more expensive than digi.
digi sometime i get a rise in ping like from 250ms to 1200ms. heres the Screenshot
it happens like random intervals in daytime but its better at night. i rarely get this in celcom.

Despite it's con, digi is still fine, but celcom is better but more expensive.
However I find one drawback with celcom is that i felt my data drained faster when i use celcom.
digi allows you to track your data usage which is really awesome. while my budget data is around 200MB per day, i actually use less than that, better than expected.

currently using digi because i have to finish the 1 month credit, but may or may not stick to it

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:34 PM