TSHan_ETG
post Feb 18 2017, 01:59 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
178 posts

Malay

Ada beza ke 60fps VS 30fps?

Hint : Ada

English

Is there any difference between 60fps VS 30fps?

Hint : Yes

Of course this video is intended to educate those who dont already know it. smile.gif Enjoy the video and don't forget to subscribe okay.

zemega
post Feb 18 2017, 02:19 PM

On my way
698 posts

Got differences. Youtube 720p and 60 fps on old harware and iGPU will crawl. Higher graphic card needed. Maybe higher power consumption, cause graphic unit need to work harder. More bandwidth consumed as well. You reach data cap faster if you are not on unlimited.

Though CSGO player needs really high fps, 300++ fps. That's because of the engine. Higher end PC player always has advantage over low end players.
hdbjhn2
post Feb 26 2017, 09:52 PM

Getting Started
214 posts

bro, it is the truth 60 fps is better than 30 fps.No more questions.
And then 120fps on 120hz monitor or 75fps on 75hz monitor is even better.

But the problem is when people are building gaming setup on budget, they are need to choose between "playable" and unplayable" fps, and that is 30 fps.That is the magic number.Everthing @~30fps is completely playable.
Less than 30 fps/24, like shown in the video, 15fps for example= real lag=meaning, NOT ENOUGH FPS TO PRODUCE A PROPER GAMEPLAY AT ALL.Can't play it.DONE.
Also thats where small drops in fps(30-33fps means 10% BUT 60-63 fps means 5%) at these range equals to bigger change in percentage, which our eye actually notices.

But people nowdays like to ,well, i don't know if it is a lie or unintentional but saying 60fps is playable and 30 fps is unplayable is utter nonsense, at least for people on budget and prevent them from over spending.

Yes, Going 30 to 60 to 120 or more in future means better experience BUT all of those fps are DEFINITELY playable.
However someone with(super expensive setups) just loves to say, 30fps is unplayable.
WELL,if u have microstutter or lags at 30 fps, trust me, that is a different issue.That is a problem(maybe bad cable,input lag,stability issue or overall hardware quality like bad pci slot).And U probably gonna experience those lags and stuttering at 60fps as well.

And, lets not fight like a cave men, if u disagree with me.

WiLeKiyO
post Feb 26 2017, 11:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,144 posts

If I have to pick between high graphic setting, play at 30FPS, vs low graphic setting at 60FPS. I would choose to play at 60FPS.

Heck, I would even lower the resolution to achieve constant 60FPS on my system.
TSHan_ETG
post Mar 2 2017, 08:55 PM

Getting Started
178 posts

QUOTE(hdbjhn2 @ Feb 26 2017, 09:52 PM)
bro, it is the truth 60 fps is better than 30 fps.No more questions.
And then 120fps on 120hz monitor or 75fps on 75hz monitor is even better. 

But the problem is when people are building gaming setup on budget, they are need to choose between "playable" and unplayable" fps, and that is 30 fps.That is the magic number.Everthing @~30fps is completely playable.
Less than 30 fps/24, like shown in the video, 15fps for example= real lag=meaning, NOT ENOUGH FPS TO PRODUCE A PROPER GAMEPLAY AT ALL.Can't play it.DONE.
Also thats where small drops in fps(30-33fps means 10% BUT 60-63 fps means 5%) at these range equals to bigger change in percentage, which our eye actually notices.

But people nowdays like to ,well, i don't know if it is a lie or unintentional but saying 60fps is playable and 30 fps is unplayable is utter nonsense, at least for people on budget and prevent them from over spending.

Yes, Going 30 to 60 to 120 or more in future means better experience BUT all of those fps are DEFINITELY playable.
However someone with(super expensive setups) just loves to say, 30fps is unplayable.
WELL,if u have microstutter or lags at 30 fps, trust me, that is a different issue.That is a problem(maybe bad cable,input lag,stability issue or overall hardware quality like bad pci slot).And U probably gonna experience those lags and stuttering at 60fps as well.

And, lets not fight like a cave men, if u disagree with me.
omg finally some responses, either the forum has been too quiet or people dont like my videos. haha! either way...

yeah man i totally agree with you on that. it is definitely playable (reason why they try so hard to get to 30fps on console). Probably it was my bad to not mention its playable in the video. but yes totally agree its playable.

i'm sure ur a PC user, and most games on PC hardware run perfectly fine on 60fps. thats why i think most PC gamers are attuned to 60fps and would never want it to dip below that.
TSHan_ETG
post Mar 2 2017, 08:57 PM

Getting Started
178 posts

QUOTE(WiLeKiyO @ Feb 26 2017, 11:25 PM)
If I have to pick between high graphic setting, play at 30FPS, vs low graphic setting at 60FPS. I would choose to play at 60FPS.

Heck, I would even lower the resolution to achieve constant 60FPS on my system.
yup. last one i played was witcher 3 with gtx 1060 6gb. played at medium to high to get 60fps and above
TSHan_ETG
post Mar 2 2017, 09:00 PM

Getting Started
178 posts

QUOTE(zemega @ Feb 18 2017, 02:19 PM)
Got differences. Youtube 720p and 60 fps on old harware and iGPU will crawl. Higher graphic card needed. Maybe higher power consumption, cause graphic unit need to work harder. More bandwidth consumed as well. You reach data cap faster if you are not on unlimited.

Though CSGO player needs really high fps, 300++ fps. That's because of the engine. Higher end PC player always has advantage over low end players.
yup true...

but this video is showing example, differences of FPS's.
hdbjhn2
post Mar 3 2017, 02:28 AM

Getting Started
214 posts

QUOTE(Han_ETG @ Mar 2 2017, 08:55 PM)
omg finally some responses, either the forum has been too quiet or people dont like my videos. haha! either way...

yeah man i totally agree with you on that. it is definitely playable (reason why they try so hard to get to 30fps on console). Probably it was my bad to not mention its playable in the video. but yes totally agree its playable.

i'm sure ur a PC user, and most games on PC hardware run perfectly fine on 60fps. thats why i think most PC gamers are attuned to 60fps and would never want it to dip below that.
Yeah, you are right.
Honestly, once u get 60 fps, it's hard to get back to 30, feels addicted especially games like Need for Speed.
Also, sometimes u can actually lower the graphics setting to achieve higher fps, simply because after increasing graphics quality to a certain extend, we can't notice the difference, especially anti-aliasing in small monitor with high resolution, usually after x16, can't tell the difference.
So yeah make use for 60 fps. icon_rolleyes.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:33 PM