Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advise on how to receive payment from Australia, Customer want to use creditcard to pay

views

SUSgohaikhan
post Feb 14 2017, 08:53 PM, updated 8y ago

23 posts

Hiya LYNers. I have potentiol customer in Australia want to pay me to do writing work. But she can only pay using creditcard. I want to ask your advice on how to receive the payment. If I use Paypal , there is no way to bring money back into Malaysia bank account. What other option? Any advice?
molok
post Feb 14 2017, 09:20 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

You need a payment gateway to accept payments for credit cards. The easiest way is to setup Paypal to do that. Or just get alternative solution using MoneyGram method they do accept Credit Cards payments then get the money at their nearest Office in Malaysia.
SUSgohaikhan
post Feb 14 2017, 09:51 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(molok @ Feb 14 2017, 09:20 PM)
You need a payment gateway to accept payments for credit cards. The easiest way is to setup Paypal to do that. Or just get alternative solution using MoneyGram method they do accept Credit Cards payments then get the money at their nearest Office in Malaysia.
I thought Paypal cannot transfer money from paypal account to Malaysia bank account anymore. Did you do it? Or do you mean transfer money from paypal account to Malaysia visa credit card?
molok
post Feb 14 2017, 11:03 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

Actually it can now. So far RHB bank can do this. Check their website http://rhbgroup.com/general-info/faq/send-...paypal-new.html
Second question thats not what I meant.

It's best you ask for Paypal support directly after you have logged in to your account.

southminor
post Feb 14 2017, 11:05 PM

27 posts

Transfer Wise.
SUSgohaikhan
post Feb 14 2017, 11:58 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(molok @ Feb 14 2017, 11:03 PM)
Actually it can now. So far RHB bank can do this. Check their website http://rhbgroup.com/general-info/faq/send-...paypal-new.html
Second question thats not what I meant.

It's best you ask for Paypal support directly after you have logged in to your account.
That is RHB Top-Up which is to send money to paypal. I was asking about receiving money from paypal. From your link:

Send Money via PayPal is another money transfer service available at RHB Now Internet Banking where customers can send money directly to a PayPal Account (individual or business) via just an email address from RHB Now Internet Banking. Through this service, PayPal serves as a payment gateway to enable RHB customers to send money to 190 countries within PayPal network.

Even the withdraw does not mention if RHB can receive money from Paypal, it only talks about send. Paypal's website lists Malaysia withdrawal fee as free if more than RM400 but does not list any bank that accepts the withdrawal transfer. So still no answer.

Yes, I ask Paypal support also but still waiting for reply. Just wanted to ask people who have experienced using Paypal to receive money. It sounds like you have not used it to receive money, right?

SUSgohaikhan
post Feb 15 2017, 12:02 AM

23 posts

QUOTE(southminor @ Feb 14 2017, 11:05 PM)
Transfer Wise.
TransferWise is account-to-account. From their site:

1) Send money from your own bank account or card – the name on the bank account or card that you pay from has to match your name on TransferWise. If you have a joint bank account, see here for more information. If you want to send from a business you represent, please see here.

So my understand is you cannot get payment from customer using normal TransferWise. Have you done that yourself? If you did, how did you bypass the requirement 1 they state that the name of sender and receiper must be the same?

conxtion
post Feb 15 2017, 10:27 AM

Getting Started
207 posts

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2424591/all

southminor
post Feb 21 2017, 11:44 AM

27 posts

QUOTE(gohaikhan @ Feb 15 2017, 12:02 AM)
TransferWise is account-to-account. From their site:

1) Send money from your own bank account or card – the name on the bank account or card that you pay from has to match your name on TransferWise. If you have a joint bank account, see here for more information. If you want to send from a business you represent, please see here.
So my understand is you cannot get payment from customer using normal TransferWise. Have you done that yourself? If you did, how did you bypass the requirement 1 they state that the name of sender and receiper must be the same?
yes you can. i have been using it without issues for over 6 months now. my payer uses debit card and credit card to pay, and i usually receive the funds within 4 working days (in my bank acc).

for your case, does your payer use personal credit card or company credit card? If its the former, i dont think there should be any issues. another thing is, if you do decide to use transferwise, its your payer who will need to do the setting up of the account, not you.

This post has been edited by southminor: Feb 21 2017, 11:45 AM
zul_n
post Feb 22 2017, 11:18 AM

Casual
461 posts

QUOTE(southminor @ Feb 14 2017, 11:05 PM)
Transfer Wise.
https://transferwise.com/u/zulheiryz

rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
beetch
post Feb 23 2017, 12:53 PM

Casual
413 posts

Paypal can withdraw money to credit card or cash deposit.

Ask your customer to do that since he/she said want to pay by credit card.

idoblu
post Feb 23 2017, 10:36 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(gohaikhan @ Feb 14 2017, 11:58 PM)
That is RHB Top-Up which is to send money to paypal. I was asking about receiving money from paypal. From your link:
Send Money via PayPal is another money transfer service available at RHB Now Internet Banking where customers can send money directly to a PayPal Account (individual or business) via just an email address from RHB Now Internet Banking. Through this service, PayPal serves as a payment gateway to enable RHB customers to send money to 190 countries within PayPal network.

Even the withdraw does not mention if RHB can receive money from Paypal, it only talks about send. Paypal's website lists Malaysia withdrawal fee as free if more than RM400 but does not list any bank that accepts the withdrawal transfer. So still no answer.

Yes, I ask Paypal support also but still waiting for reply. Just wanted to ask people who have experienced using Paypal to receive money. It sounds like you have not used it to receive money, right?
Yes you can withdraw your PayPal money into your local bank here.
I've been doing it for years. You need to know your bank's swift code other than your account number

This post has been edited by idoblu: Feb 23 2017, 10:36 PM
lunatique
post Feb 24 2017, 03:16 PM

Taking my sweet time reaching for the top
503 posts

Can. I have been using it for sometime for my freelance jobs.
I get paid in USD then I arrange to transfer back to RM.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0183sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:07 PM