Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Data recovery (thumb drive), Please help

views

TSSerial8000
post Feb 13 2017, 08:11 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
130 posts

Hi sifu, I would like to ask "Does any recovery thumbdrive software works if I wish to recover it using the data recovery software on "Other" PC or laptop ?"
cuz... Im guessing...only deleted files on the same pc can be recovered that way ? Is it true ?
GOPI56
post Feb 13 2017, 08:18 PM

Regular
1,396 posts

Use Recuva software to recover the deleted files.

https://www.piriform.com/recuva
TSSerial8000
post Feb 13 2017, 08:46 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

I know any r.software will do the trick, what I'm asking is does it work when I installed it to another PC trying to retrived from another pc ? will the system recognize ... Cuz ...normally ppl would trying to recover from where it deleted ?

horns
post Feb 13 2017, 09:56 PM

\m/
3,036 posts

not sure if this answers your question: you need to do data recovery to the storage disk on which the data were previously written. you can use another computer, plug in the target disk, and use tools to do data recovery on that disk.

what is this 'recovery thumbdrive software'? does it have a name?
lin@lowyat
post Feb 14 2017, 09:27 AM

Getting Started
155 posts

you can try use software call EaseUS.
so far i use this never disappoint me.
xswatch
post Feb 14 2017, 09:35 AM

Casual
489 posts

use *getdataback* software. got 2 version. one is for ntfs & the other is for fat system. paid software but just Google it if u don't what I mean. also available in portable form, just put inside thumb drive without any installation / activation. it will run straight away. to be realistic, once u deleted / formatted any thumb drive / hard disk, there's only 90% of the files will be recovered (not 100% in most cases). good luck
Zot
post Feb 14 2017, 09:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

QUOTE(Serial8000 @ Feb 13 2017, 08:11 PM)
Hi sifu, I would like to ask "Does any recovery thumbdrive software works if I wish to recover it using the data recovery software on "Other" PC or laptop ?"
cuz... Im guessing...only deleted files on the same pc can be recovered that way ? Is it true ?
Question is not really clear.

If the HDD or SSD data in your PC got deleted or corrupted (say C:\ drive). You can use recovery software on your thumb drive (boot from thumb drive) to recover the lost files. If ant storage device got corrupted (either HDD/SSD. external drive or thumb drive) , stop using immediately it to prevent any other data written to avoid data being overwritten.

If drive that has boot OS got corrupted, boot your PC using CD or thumb drive and repair/recover the boot disk. You can use your bootable thumb drive to recover from any PC as long as the PC can support booting from thumb drive.

One thing for sure is that your recovered file need to be saved on another drive, not the drive that you are recovering from smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0173sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:50 AM