Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

"INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE" error. Help!;, Happened after Win update. WTF?

views

TSZZR-Pilot
post Feb 11 2017, 08:23 PM, updated 8y ago

Regular
1,049 posts

My Win 10 PC has refused to boot after receiving the latest updates. I keep having to roll back, otherwise it will noy even boot into Windows desktop.

The Win diagnstics say: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE

Definitely not hardware prob coz if I roll back Windows, it will boot to desktop just fine.

I can't even do my work on this PC. Help..!!

horns
post Feb 12 2017, 11:38 PM

\m/
3,036 posts

try look it up with search engines with keywords like 'how to fix inaccessible boot device windows 10'

i suggest a clean install to have the least issues later.

chocobo7779
post Feb 20 2017, 02:15 PM

Power is nothing without control
All Stars
14,368 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Feb 11 2017, 08:23 PM)
My Win 10 PC has refused to boot after receiving the latest updates. I keep having to roll back, otherwise it will noy even boot into Windows desktop.

The Win diagnstics say: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE

Definitely not hardware prob coz if I roll back Windows, it will boot to desktop just fine.

I can't even do my work on this PC. Help..!!
There is a possible chance that the hdd is dying. You might want to check its health to eliminate the possibilities of a dying drive. icon_idea.gif
killerjeya
post Feb 20 2017, 03:15 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

Experiencing a somewhat similar problem. When I leave my laptop idle for about 15 minutes, it reboots, and shows the error "No bootable device-insert boot disk and press any key". When I restart it, it boots up fine. Already checked the ssd health, seems to be no issues.

Gonna do a clean install tonight, see how it goes...
TSZZR-Pilot
post Feb 20 2017, 05:33 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

QUOTE(chocobo7779 @ Feb 20 2017, 03:15 PM)
There is a possible chance that the hdd is dying.  You might want to check its health to eliminate the possibilities of a dying drive.  icon_idea.gif
No, the Transcend SSD boot drive is less than a year old.

Besides.... this crap only happens when Windows 10 installs the latest update. Whenever I roll it back, no problem.... but stupid Windows auto updates even after I totally disable auto updating. Once I unhooked the wifi antenna for a month so that Win 10 physically couldn't update.... it was fabulous for a whole month right up till I reattached the wifi again.
chocobo7779
post Feb 20 2017, 05:46 PM

Power is nothing without control
All Stars
14,368 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Feb 20 2017, 05:33 PM)
No, the Transcend SSD boot drive is less than a year old.

Besides.... this crap only happens when Windows 10 installs the latest update. Whenever I roll it back, no problem.... but stupid Windows auto updates even after I totally disable auto updating. Once I unhooked the wifi antenna for a month so that Win 10 physically couldn't update.... it was fabulous for a whole month right up till I reattached the wifi again.
Hint: use this tool to hide them icon_idea.gif

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/30...g-in-windows-10

Check the updates that causes this issue - and hide them icon_idea.gif

This also explain why forced updates are a bad idea icon_idea.gif
oliverpowell
post Feb 21 2017, 02:17 PM

11 posts

Hi ZZR,

I agree with Horns that a Clean Install is one of the best solutions to resolve your issue.

Good Luck!!!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0112sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:35 PM