Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Wedding proposal

views

TSstar.king
post Feb 6 2017, 07:34 PM, updated 8y ago

0 posts

Hello everyone

Wanted to do a decent marriage proposal soon.
Planned to pop the question after dinner by the beach at Shangri-la Penang or Berjaya resort langkawi

Is it a good choice?

How much can it costs?
kambingkoh
post Feb 6 2017, 07:39 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(star.king @ Feb 6 2017, 07:34 PM)
Hello everyone

Wanted to do a decent marriage proposal soon.
Planned to pop the question after dinner by the beach at Shangri-la Penang or Berjaya resort langkawi

Is it a good choice?

How much can it costs?
You plan to "bao" the whole area?
TSstar.king
post Feb 6 2017, 07:49 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 6 2017, 07:39 PM)
You plan to "bao" the whole area?
Doesn't matter need whole area.
As long as I am getting a table by the beach for dinner will do.
Fireworks are optional.

Won't be inviting anyone though. Just the 2 of us
kambingkoh
post Feb 7 2017, 12:27 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(star.king @ Feb 6 2017, 07:49 PM)
Doesn't matter need whole area.
As long as I am getting a table by the beach for dinner will do.
Fireworks are optional.

Won't be inviting anyone though. Just the 2 of us
I read that someone propose in Langkawi beach side before. Not sure which hotel though: http://blog.brianthecutter.com/2016/07/24/...sland-proposal/

Perhaps you can call up both hotels and check, and see if they can arrange for your or not. My guess is that they won't cost you too much and hope that they can arrange it out of courtesy. Do share with us the outcome. Good luck! thumbsup.gif

bb100
post Feb 15 2017, 01:35 PM

Editable...finally!
1,439 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 7 2017, 12:27 AM)
I read that someone propose in Langkawi beach side before. Not sure which hotel though: http://blog.brianthecutter.com/2016/07/24/...sland-proposal/

Perhaps you can call up both hotels and check, and see if they can arrange for your or not. My guess is that they won't cost you too much and hope that they can arrange it out of courtesy. Do share with us the outcome. Good luck!  thumbsup.gif
Your guess is wrong. They DO cost a bomb!

Made an enquiry with Tanjong Beach @ Sentosa for a beach proposal. They came back with a quotation which is more expensive than my diamond hahahaha! Beach rental alone costs S$5,500, which includes a tent for shelter, lighting and event setup logistics. Dinner by the beach lain kira hahaha.

I am not here to discourage TS, but it is better to check with the beach management guys and not to make any assumptions.
kambingkoh
post Feb 15 2017, 03:46 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(bb100 @ Feb 15 2017, 01:35 PM)
Your guess is wrong. They DO cost a bomb!

Made an enquiry with Tanjong Beach @ Sentosa for a beach proposal. They came back with a quotation which is more expensive than my diamond hahahaha! Beach rental alone costs S$5,500, which includes a tent for shelter, lighting and event setup logistics. Dinner by the beach lain kira hahaha.

I am not here to discourage TS, but it is better to check with the beach management guys and not to make any assumptions.
wow damnnnnnn... no worry bb100 is rich! rclxm9.gif
bb100
post Feb 15 2017, 04:04 PM

Editable...finally!
1,439 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 15 2017, 03:46 PM)
wow damnnnnnn... no worry bb100 is rich!  rclxm9.gif
Even if I am fully loaded I also won't spend that kind of money man. I would rather use that money to get a bigger stone. After all, it is only a venue. Not worth paying lahh, in my opinion.

At first I also had the impression that a beach proposal costs nothing, probably a few hundred at most to rent the beach for a few hours. So that amount came as a rude shock to me...I had all my proposal plans laid out; even arranged for a photographer and videographer to shoot and film the proposal. In the end, I had to change the plan, rearrange with the cameramen and all.

So that's why I advised TS to check properly with the beach management guys to be on the safe side and do not make any assumptions.
jacky91
post Feb 15 2017, 04:41 PM

DJ
1,778 posts

am also scouting for place in KL area :/ buying the ring aldi cost me a lot...so for proposal...juz wan something simple.. sweat.gif
kambingkoh
post Feb 15 2017, 07:26 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(bb100 @ Feb 15 2017, 04:04 PM)
Even if I am fully loaded I also won't spend that kind of money man. I would rather use that money to get a bigger stone. After all, it is only a venue. Not worth paying lahh, in my opinion.

At first I also had the impression that a beach proposal costs nothing, probably a few hundred at most to rent the beach for a few hours. So that amount came as a rude shock to me...I had all my proposal plans laid out; even arranged for a photographer and videographer to shoot and film the proposal. In the end, I had to change the plan, rearrange with the cameramen and all.

So that's why I advised TS to check properly with the beach management guys to be on the safe side and do not make any assumptions.
So in the end, where di you choose?
kambingkoh
post Feb 15 2017, 07:26 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(jacky91 @ Feb 15 2017, 04:41 PM)
am also scouting for place in KL area :/ buying the ring aldi cost me a lot...so for proposal...juz wan something simple.. sweat.gif
Any ideas so far?
jacky91
post Feb 15 2017, 07:29 PM

DJ
1,778 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 15 2017, 07:26 PM)
Any ideas so far?
was thinking The Face Suites infinity pool, nice environment, private area
kambingkoh
post Feb 16 2017, 10:47 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(jacky91 @ Feb 15 2017, 07:29 PM)
was thinking The Face Suites infinity pool, nice environment, private area
So you plan to rent a unit there, bring her up and propose to her at the pool side? blink.gif
jacky91
post Feb 16 2017, 11:29 AM

DJ
1,778 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 16 2017, 10:47 AM)
So you plan to rent a unit there, bring her up and propose to her at the pool side?  blink.gif
still considering...wanna see if there is any other place i can do it
kambingkoh
post Feb 20 2017, 01:42 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

so how it goes for your proposal?
TSstar.king
post Feb 23 2017, 07:44 PM

0 posts

nope, still in planning stage, maybe somewhere in april/may
i think i'll just resort to doing it in one of the restaurants by the beach in penang, as it will be more convenient for my partner's friends to be present, which is do-able compared to that of langkawi.

any suggestion for restaurant in penang? preferably those by the beach dinner type.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0215sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:11 PM