Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Intermittent Fasting, 16:8 23:1 FB Group

views

TSe_X
post Feb 18 2017, 04:01 PM

On my way
584 posts

QUOTE(bafukie @ Feb 18 2017, 06:53 AM)
Hypocaloric ie calorie deficit. IF diet is a means to an end. It helps an individual to hit calorie requirement fairly easily compared to spreading yr meals conventionally ( smaller meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner). I would suggest to start some weight training. Being skinny is ugly af. Being new is yr advantage, u grow muscles fairly easy compared to seasoned weight lifter. Plus u look nicer.
I'm thinking about weight training again need renew gym membership.

QUOTE(lingleeyen @ Feb 18 2017, 01:25 PM)
Maybe I should try this when I cut the next time. But I am not sure if this will work for me being hungry makes my angry. Carbs cycling worked this round. So maybe I should js stick to it.
Hi guys this tread is supposely invite to fb group for intermittent fasting because I can't find any group about it for malaysian even international group only like 38k member than Atkins Malaysia member over 300k member

please join here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/244320812681979/
LEVIATHAN
post Feb 18 2017, 05:24 PM

Master Chief Carl M. Brashear
2,281 posts

This is my space at home:

user posted image

What's nice about this is, it's a one time investment, and I basically go to gym everyday. Hahaha.

This post has been edited by LEVIATHAN: Feb 18 2017, 05:27 PM
TSe_X
post Feb 18 2017, 08:11 PM

On my way
584 posts

QUOTE(LEVIATHAN @ Feb 18 2017, 05:24 PM)

user posted image

What's nice about this is, it's a one time investment, and I basically go to gym everyday. Hahaha.
Wow that is relly amazing man even that bench look so expensive blink.gif
roimekoi
post Feb 19 2017, 10:52 AM

Casual
337 posts

keto +if

if 16:8 on monday to friday
if 23:1 on saturday and sunday
green_algae
post Feb 19 2017, 11:06 AM

Enthusiast
999 posts

user posted image

How much for the whole set up?
roimekoi
post Feb 19 2017, 06:43 PM

Casual
337 posts

QUOTE(LEVIATHAN @ Feb 16 2017, 07:44 PM)
I'm doing intermittent fasting too or TRF or whatever you want to call it. Actually I'm doing combo of LC & IF, incl. SS routine. Managed to get to 13.8% body fat at 67 kg. That figures are from Fitbit Aria (I know I know not accurate but whatever). That's from 20% body fat at 70 kg earlier this year.

I do it almost everyday. This is my schedule:

Monday: Complete fasting (No food AND water) from Subuh to Maghrib. Feeding window is between Maghrib and Isyak which is < 3 hours. Rest day. Meals are LC.

Tuesday: Caloric fasting from last meal on Monday until 12 pm. Feeding windows ends at 6 pm. Calorie intake is at slightly hypocaloric around 10%. Workout day. Meals are LC.

Wednesday: Caloric fasting from the last meal on Tuesday until 12 pm. Feeding window ends at 6 pm. Calorie intake is at slightly hypocaloric around 10%. Workout day. Meals are LC.

Thursday: Complete fasting (No food AND water) from Subuh to Maghrib. Feeding window is between Maghrib and Isyak which is < 3 hours. Rest day. Meals are LC.

Friday: Caloric fasting from last meal on Thursday until 12 pm. Feeding windows ends at 6 pm. Calorie intake is at slightly hypocaloric around 10%. Workout day. Meals are LC.

Saturday: Caloric fasting from last meal on Friday until 12 pm. Feeding windows ends at 6 pm. Calorie intake is at slightly hypocaloric around 10%. Rest day. Meals are LC.

Sunday: Caloric fasting from last meal on Saturday until 12 pm. Feeding windows ends at 6 pm. Calorie intake is at slightly hypocaloric around 10%. Workout day. Meals are LC.

My macro is based on ketogenic macro calculator:

1,829 kcal daily calorie intake.
25 g carbohydrates (6%, 100 kcal).
121 g protein (30%, 492 kcal).
138 g fat (64%, 1,075 kcal).

However most of the day, I eat more protein than 121 g since I incorporated intermittent fasting.

Do let me know if you have any questions whatever.
the 23:1 part...how much portion you eat? keto+ if
i find that even after 5-6 hours my body still have the food in my stomach...
i think the protein part is making me hard to digest

LEVIATHAN
post Feb 19 2017, 08:26 PM

Master Chief Carl M. Brashear
2,281 posts

QUOTE(roimekoi @ Feb 19 2017, 06:43 PM)
the 23:1 part...how much portion you eat?  keto+ if
i find that even after 5-6 hours my body still have the food in my stomach...
i think the protein part is making me hard to digest
That's normal no? I can't comment as I have no idea what you ate. That's good though right? Keep you feeling full that's a good thing.

My meals are boring—I eat the same food almost everyday everytime so I don't have to calculate and track every single food/drink I ingested. I eat according to my macro, and I hit my macro within the feeding window.

According to Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism:

A fed-fast cycle can be divided into four states, or phases:
1. the fed state, which lasts about 3 hours after a meal is ingested
2. the postabsorptive or early fasting state, which occurs from about 3 hours to about 12 to 18 hours following the meal
3. the fasting state, which lasts from about 18 hours up to about 2 days without additional intake of food
4. the starvation state or long-term fast, a fully adapted state of food deprivation that lasts as long as several weeks

Clearly, in a normal eating routine only the fed and postabsorptive (early fasting) states apply. The time frames of the phases cited are only approximate and are strongly influenced by factors such as activity level, the caloric value and nutrient composition of the meal, and the subject’s metabolic rate.

Attached are some related pictures from that book.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This maybe of your interest:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition...estion-pt1.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition...on-part-2.html/
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition...on-part-3.html/

This post has been edited by LEVIATHAN: Feb 19 2017, 08:34 PM
henry1203
post Feb 22 2017, 05:30 PM

25 posts

user posted image

This home gym is awesome! I wish I have the space and equipment for it! Can do bench press, squat and deadlift!

How much is the total investment? Did you find it useful or prefer to go to the gym?
henry1203
post Feb 22 2017, 05:30 PM

25 posts

Have you all try IF to bulk? or build muscle (increase body mass)?
bafukie
post Feb 23 2017, 09:10 AM

Regular
1,406 posts

Tried, same application but much harder. I rather stick to normal 3 4 meals per day. IF means u need to get at least 1k calorie per meal if possible
SUSEdBaaBaa
post Feb 24 2017, 08:33 AM

Getting Started
67 posts

I do intermittent fasting, eat between 2-8pm but I am flexible about it. Sometimes work commitments require that I have a meal with others, I may not be able to keep the 2-8 window but adjust according eg 1-7pm, 12.30-6.30pm.

There's no particular calorie restriction that I follow, just portion control and low salt/ no refined sugar as much as I can control.

If I am eating out and I can, I request the kitchen for low/no salt, less oil versions. If I can't, I am not miffed by it, just eat less of the item.

However I do not use facebook.
narfey
post Mar 28 2017, 12:37 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(LEVIATHAN @ Feb 16 2017, 07:44 PM)
I'm doing intermittent fasting too or TRF or whatever you want to call it. Actually I'm doing combo of LC & IF, incl. SS routine. Managed to get to 13.8% body fat at 67 kg. That figures are from Fitbit Aria (I know I know not accurate but whatever). That's from 20% body fat at 70 kg earlier this year.

I do it almost everyday. This is my schedule:

Monday: Complete fasting (No food AND water) from Subuh to Maghrib. Feeding window is between Maghrib and Isyak which is < 3 hours. Rest day. Meals are LC.

Tuesday: Caloric fasting from last meal on Monday until 12 pm. Feeding windows ends at 6 pm. Calorie intake is at slightly hypocaloric around 10%. Workout day. Meals are LC.

Wednesday: Caloric fasting from the last meal on Tuesday until 12 pm. Feeding window ends at 6 pm. Calorie intake is at slightly hypocaloric around 10%. Workout day. Meals are LC.

Thursday: Complete fasting (No food AND water) from Subuh to Maghrib. Feeding window is between Maghrib and Isyak which is < 3 hours. Rest day. Meals are LC.

Friday: Caloric fasting from last meal on Thursday until 12 pm. Feeding windows ends at 6 pm. Calorie intake is at slightly hypocaloric around 10%. Workout day. Meals are LC.

Saturday: Caloric fasting from last meal on Friday until 12 pm. Feeding windows ends at 6 pm. Calorie intake is at slightly hypocaloric around 10%. Rest day. Meals are LC.

Sunday: Caloric fasting from last meal on Saturday until 12 pm. Feeding windows ends at 6 pm. Calorie intake is at slightly hypocaloric around 10%. Workout day. Meals are LC.

My macro is based on ketogenic macro calculator:

1,829 kcal daily calorie intake.
25 g carbohydrates (6%, 100 kcal).
121 g protein (30%, 492 kcal).
138 g fat (64%, 1,075 kcal).

However most of the day, I eat more protein than 121 g since I incorporated intermittent fasting.

Do let me know if you have any questions whatever.
I am planning to imitate this IF schedule starting this week. What I do love the most about IF is it's flexibility. You can do either hourly(14,16,18 or more) or daily fasting. And as a Muslim, I just incorporate that with the sunnah that is Monday and Thursday.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your schedule bro

mysql2779
post May 5 2017, 01:48 AM

On my way
523 posts

Hi Guys,

I am planning my fast and feast period but I am not sure if I can slot my weight training during Fast period ? Or I should slot it in Feast period ?
Fast Period I should do low intensity cardio and yoga only ?
During Fast period, what do you all drink other than black coffee and water ?

Fast - 8pm till 12 noon
Feast - 12 noon till 8pm

Thanks.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:44 PM