Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Tint Advise Needed, RayTech, VKool, Huper Optic, 3M or .....

views

silentG
post Oct 18 2012, 01:56 PM

3 posts

Hi Everyone,

Soon to be new owner of my first car (bought with my own hard-earned cash). I was offered RM500 discount voucher for Ray Tech tinting from a car dealer. I realize the advise of some has been to disregard the voucher when choosing your tinting - just a sales gimmick.

But I'd like to know what your take is and if anyone has a recommendation for tinting. What's important to me is:
1. VLT 70% in front and VLT 50% on all other sides - as per JPJ regulations - the darker black i can get it the better : )
2. Heat Rejection doesnt have to be the BEST but I'd like it to be as high as possible given my budget.
3. Smart Tag and GPS compatible

My budget is RM500 +- RM200. I'm willing to pay if it means getting better quality/peace of mind. Going for either a Mazda3 or Kia Forte.

Should I go with Raytech and use the discount? Or are there better options out there for me?

Thanks so much!

silentG
post Oct 19 2012, 12:50 PM

3 posts

Hi!

I've been scanning the forum and I notice that some forumers are posting Agard's TSER ratings.

I was wondering if anyone knows a contact with Agard? Looking for good service and reasonable price?

Any further information on Agard products will be super helpful. Website doesn't seem to publish it.

Cheers!

: D
silentG
post Oct 19 2012, 04:45 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(lonely143 @ Oct 19 2012, 03:59 PM)
Instead of asking here why don't you visit their shop nearby you?
A simple google can get their website and shop location
http://www.agard.com.my/v1/location.htm
Thanks!

I actually called up Agard earlier. Not too much info the guy said best to go down to the shop.

Guess I shouldn't rush into this? Thought I might try getting as much info as possible without going down to the shop first. I will update the forum when my search is over. : )

Also thanks for the advise about Raytech and the discount.

Realistically, what should my budget be for an average/slightly above average TESR rate for the tinting?
The thickness/safety feature isn't really high on my priority.

silentG
post Oct 25 2012, 11:25 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(lonely143 @ Oct 19 2012, 06:21 PM)
Bro, refer back the warranty card and cash bill

Added on October 19, 2012, 6:23 pm
Basically VLT around 70%-60% with 50-60% TSER is consider good film.
Also look for Shading Coefficient around 0.4-0.6
After much consideration I've decided that it would be worth while to up my budget from RM500-700 for the tinting to RM1000+.

I was initially quite keen on Agard but it seems like that feedback has been might as well go for Huper Optik/3M if I have the budget and I want quality.

What do you guys think is it worth it for a peace of mind and quality? Based on what I've read on the forums my choices would be 3M or Huper Optik.

As I understand not much between 3M Crystalline and Huper Optik Sech60/C70(FWS)+C40(Side/Rear) aside from color? Or am I mistaken?

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0464sec    0.51    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:52 PM