Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Baby Cot, Any Recommendation?

views

TS93126668
post Feb 1 2017, 10:12 AM, updated 8y ago

Casual
352 posts

Dear All Sifus,

Any advise and personal experience on Baby Cot?

Where's the best place to buy?

Thanks.
PeowYong
post Feb 1 2017, 03:09 PM

PeowYong
2,263 posts

got mine from ikea. standard size, easy to get required parts such as mattress, bed sheet, bumper pad. dont get the cheapest one though, it looks flimsy, don't get the most expensive one either, not worth the money in my opinion. Preferably buy those that can change height.
fkinmeng
post Feb 1 2017, 09:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,179 posts

buy based on your height, if you're tall then ikea's cot might not suit you.

ikea's cot is slightly lower, if you tall and keep having to bend over to get your baby, your back will ache in no time.
TS93126668
post Feb 2 2017, 09:16 AM

Casual
352 posts

QUOTE(PeowYong @ Feb 1 2017, 03:09 PM)
got mine from ikea. standard size, easy to get required parts such as mattress, bed sheet, bumper pad. dont get the cheapest one though, it looks flimsy, don't get the most expensive one either, not worth the money in my opinion. Preferably buy those that can change height.
Thanks. Ya I went to Ikea and survey all the cots available. A little bit concern is the material used is MDF, since is my first kid, I thought of invest 1 made by solid wood....what ya think? Also I prefer those with wheel base option, just in case I need to move it to other room..

Cheers smile.gif
TS93126668
post Feb 2 2017, 09:17 AM

Casual
352 posts

QUOTE(fkinmeng @ Feb 1 2017, 09:58 PM)
buy based on your height, if you're tall then ikea's cot might not suit you.

ikea's cot is slightly lower, if you tall and keep having to bend over to get your baby, your back will ache in no time.
True, looking for something higher....Both my wife and I above 5.5 ft...lolx..
PeowYong
post Feb 2 2017, 09:23 AM

PeowYong
2,263 posts

Ikea cots does not comes with wheels, as it follows some safety standard. There are cots from Ikea which are made from solid wood. It's true that Ikea cot is not suitable if you are quite tall. Anyway, the baby might not be sleeping there up to 1 year old. My big boy slept in cot for around 6 months until he is able to turn over and move around until he got stuck.. my younger boy is still sleeping in the cot, 6 months old now, noy moving around much yet at the moment.
leyassi
post Feb 2 2017, 04:51 PM

28 posts

I saw some ads on Facebook about the baby cot made from solid wood. But I have the habit of forgetting the page name. Sorry. I am thinking of buying a baby cot too since this is my first pregnancy. But my friend said don't buy lah. Waste of money. Your baby won't sleep in the cot. bla bla bla... So I am still scratching my head rn on whether to buy or not to buy.
TS93126668
post Feb 2 2017, 04:56 PM

Casual
352 posts

QUOTE(leyassi @ Feb 2 2017, 04:51 PM)
I saw some ads on Facebook about the baby cot made from solid wood. But I have the habit of forgetting the page name. Sorry. I am thinking of buying a baby cot too since this is my first pregnancy. But my friend said don't buy lah. Waste of money. Your baby won't sleep in the cot. bla bla bla... So I am still scratching my head rn on whether to buy or not to buy.
Ya, i go get some saying that baby wouldn't want to sleep in the cot...However I still prefer baby to sleep inside the cot for safety purposes. Unless my kid really doesn't like it lar...

I will share here if I manage to find one.
leyassi
post Feb 3 2017, 10:52 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(93126668 @ Feb 2 2017, 04:56 PM)
Ya, i go get some saying that baby wouldn't want to sleep in the cot...However I still prefer baby to sleep inside the cot for safety purposes. Unless my kid really doesn't like it lar...

I will share here if I manage to find one.
True that. For safety purposes, unless you have a super super king bed. Which I don't. Lol. And some cot can be turned to a co sleeper which I find very useful since you can have your baby sleep next to you just like sleeping on the same bed. I think this is worth the buy lah.

user posted image

thumbup.gif
fkinmeng
post Feb 3 2017, 10:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,179 posts

why not go have a look at those baby shops like little whiz, babyland or jarrons & co?

then can decide from there.
TS93126668
post Feb 3 2017, 03:17 PM

Casual
352 posts

QUOTE(fkinmeng @ Feb 3 2017, 10:55 AM)
why not go have a look at those baby shops like little whiz, babyland or jarrons & co?

then can decide from there.
Yeap, schedule to go little whiz & babyland this weekend...That's why asking all the sifus for tips in choosing the right one...likely we are going for those convertible into a single bed type....saw few online..

QUOTE(leyassi @ Feb 3 2017, 10:52 AM)
True that. For safety purposes, unless you have a super super king bed. Which I don't. Lol. And some cot can be turned to a co sleeper which I find very useful since you can have your baby sleep next to you just like sleeping on the same bed. I think this is worth the buy lah.
user posted image
thumbup.gif
Ya, that's the main reason to buy a cot, is either let the husband sleep on the floor, or we try to place the baby to sleep in the cot. Safer also...
leyassi
post Feb 6 2017, 03:48 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(93126668 @ Feb 3 2017, 03:17 PM)
Yeap, schedule to go  little whiz & babyland this weekend...That's why asking all the sifus for tips in choosing the right one...likely we are going for those convertible into a single bed type....saw few online..
Ya, that's the main reason to buy a cot, is either let the husband sleep on the floor, or we try to place the baby to sleep in the cot. Safer also...
Post here the prices yeah? I wanna know also. drool.gif
kukukakikukaku
post Feb 6 2017, 04:27 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

QUOTE(leyassi @ Feb 3 2017, 10:52 AM)
user posted image
thumbup.gif
This one is nice! Do you have any idea where to find a baby cot like this?
haimirmaya
post Feb 6 2017, 04:47 PM

Getting Started
105 posts

QUOTE(93126668 @ Feb 1 2017, 11:12 AM)
Dear All Sifus,

Any advise and personal experience on Baby Cot?

Where's the best place to buy?

Thanks.
where is ur location?
leyassi
post Feb 7 2017, 11:32 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(kukukakikukaku @ Feb 6 2017, 04:27 PM)
This one is nice! Do you have any idea where to find a baby cot like this?
Sorry but I'm not sure where to buy one like this. confused.gif But you can try googling them and maybe you'll find something similar to this one. thumbup.gif
TS93126668
post Feb 8 2017, 01:38 PM

Casual
352 posts

QUOTE(leyassi @ Feb 6 2017, 03:48 PM)
Post here the prices yeah? I wanna know also.  drool.gif
I went to both Whiz and another shop in klang....I finally selected this solid wood cot, which match what I was looking for all while...

Solid wood, wheel base, adjustable side with safety pin and with teething rail...

I havent assemble the cot yet, but it looks something like the picture below...

Hope it helps guys...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
hutazi
post Feb 8 2017, 02:31 PM

Casual
496 posts

oh bought already. hehe. i was gonna mention taht should look for cot which is height adjustable base. so when baby is young you dont need to bend over at all.
TS93126668
post Feb 10 2017, 11:50 AM

Casual
352 posts

QUOTE(hutazi @ Feb 8 2017, 02:31 PM)
oh bought already. hehe. i was gonna mention taht should look for cot which is height adjustable base. so when baby is young you dont need to bend over at all.
Ya mine is with 5 height option. Will share more photos when I start assembly it soon...

rclxms.gif
leyassi
post Feb 13 2017, 09:08 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(93126668 @ Feb 8 2017, 01:38 PM)
I went to both Whiz and another shop in klang....I finally selected this solid wood cot, which match what I was looking for all while...

Solid wood, wheel base, adjustable side with safety pin and with teething rail...

I havent assemble the cot yet, but it looks something like the picture below...

Hope it helps guys...
Wow, that looks nice. Can't wait to see the actual photos. And how much that cot cost you? wub.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0145sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:27 PM