views

crazymouse_yyh
post Feb 26 2007, 06:06 PM

www.suggiesathome .wordpress.com
Group Icon
Elite
12,047 posts

QUOTE(yhow @ Feb 26 2007, 05:10 PM)
Hi , i just adopted a dog and would like to apply a dog license for it, would like to know what r the process for the adoption, how and where to do it? I had brought the puppy to a vet and it has been given injection. I had the certification from the vet, should i bring that along when i apply for the license? Please  icon_question.gif
First of all... where is your location? Different city councils have different procedurs of getting dog licence. DBKL is damn easy, all you need is RM20 and licence is ready. MPPJ, MPSJ... well, just wait for someone to give you some answers for it is different from where I get my dog licence.
crazymouse_yyh
post Feb 27 2007, 09:39 AM

Group Icon
Elite
12,047 posts

QUOTE(joanalooidog @ Feb 27 2007, 09:09 AM)
Hijack thread.....
Another question is how to apply cert for dogs?
whats the requirements?
Where to apply?
thanks......
This has been repeated many times... as long you bought a dog or puppy from a breeder that never register with MKA, then your dog or puppy can never get a cert eventhough pure coz MKA needs background info of parents, grandparents and great grandparents along with their registered numbers.

QUOTE(chibi_tenko @ Feb 27 2007, 09:13 AM)
My brother's area is under MPSJ and getting a dog license under them is a real pain in the butt. They require ( hope I've not forgotten anything ) :
- a verification form signed by your vet to prove that you dog's been checked for rabies and etc.
- neighbours' consent ( front, back, left and right neighbours ).
- latest picture of you dog.
- you have to hang a sign saying "Beware of Dogs" at your front gate.
- built a dog house/cage/something if you keep your dogs outside. No need if it's indoor.

The last two requirements can be *coughs* changed upon getting your license, but you must fulfill the rest of the requirements. It took my brother 6 months to get two license for both of his dogs and now he have to do it all over again this year.

Hope you're not under MPSJ. My area's under DBKL so like crazymouse said, it's a breeze. They don't require -anything- except your money. Just waltz to any of the DBKL offices and ask for a dog license form. Fill the form, give the money and voila~! You got yourself a dog license.

I got my dog license from the Pasar Gombak DBKL office. Friendly staff XD
I also got it at pasar gombak... you staying near by?
crazymouse_yyh
post Feb 27 2007, 09:20 PM

Group Icon
Elite
12,047 posts

QUOTE(chibi_tenko @ Feb 27 2007, 06:50 PM)
I'm staying at Danau Kota, very near Pasar Gombak. I like the two lady staff there. Very friendly.  laugh.gif
Ohhh... so near me hahah...yups, I like the friendly staff there. DBKL is so fast and easy... I wonder why they do not ask for our ICs to check the address... easily can put fake add. I think DBKL is the easiest city council to get our dog licence.
crazymouse_yyh
post Feb 27 2007, 09:40 PM

Group Icon
Elite
12,047 posts

It really depends on the area that you live in... if say Shah Alam... now that is a pain to get licence since they have recently set new rules and are very strict.
crazymouse_yyh
post Feb 27 2007, 10:07 PM

Group Icon
Elite
12,047 posts

Yups, Kota Kemuning is very tough to get licence.... and yah, there are many dog owners there too. Sigh....
crazymouse_yyh
post Feb 28 2007, 08:13 PM

Group Icon
Elite
12,047 posts

Dog licence should be obtained at the place that the dog would be staying... well, it is risky if you do not have a licence since the city council can act in a few ways.... those dogs that were shot were in Ipoh or Johor, no dog licence and inside the home compound summore... so risky. If your dog is always outside the house or frequently goes out with you for walks, it is best for it to always wear the licence just to be on the safe side.
crazymouse_yyh
post Apr 29 2007, 06:53 PM

Group Icon
Elite
12,047 posts

This is uncommon but you can call up the authorities to ask about it. If you feel you need 2 license from 2 states, go right ahead....

Just be careful not to let your dogs stray around, no authority in KL or Selangor would shoot a dog, they will just carry off to the local dog pound...for other states.... it depends on the local city council.
crazymouse_yyh
post Mar 6 2008, 11:53 AM

Group Icon
Elite
12,047 posts

Cheras is under DBKL, my uncle buys his dog license from DBKL.

DBKL buy license very easy. No need IC card, no need dog picture, no need vaccination. Just pay money, fill in form and get license.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:44 AM