Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Pet Help How to apply for pet dog license, Discussion and Advice

views

apple86
post Jul 31 2010, 05:07 PM

6 posts

Looks like applying license from MPSJ is so tough!!! what requirements do they need? cant get it on the same day itself? aikz
baybeejoey
post Mar 25 2011, 11:22 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(crazymouse_yyh @ Feb 27 2007, 09:40 PM)
It really depends on the area that you live in... if say Shah Alam... now that is a pain to get licence since they have recently set new rules and are very strict.
but i live in Shah alam~@@ Where should I register my pup's license without much trouble or waiting? unsure.gif
munkeyflo
post Apr 3 2011, 03:48 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(baybeejoey @ Mar 25 2011, 11:22 PM)
but i live in Shah alam~@@ Where should I register my pup's license without much trouble or waiting?  unsure.gif
You can get your dog license at MBSA if not mistaken.
Last time my dog used to have license, need consent form from left right back front neighbour and a lot of other things also. Now we don't really bother about it already. My neighbors are ok with my dogs.
constantine85
post Jun 22 2011, 10:38 AM

1 posts

Dear all, I am staying nearby midvalley..where should i go and apply for the dog license..this is my first time owning a dog so i am kind of lost here.
evelyn2803
post Oct 9 2011, 05:27 PM

0 posts

is there anyone can help in getting my dog a license in kota kemuning ? my neighbour is working in MBSA, but he threaten me and said will ask people to catch my dog ... I'm so worry now ....
AntonioKane
post Oct 10 2011, 04:39 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(kanzakicyn @ Jul 5 2010, 11:09 AM)
Im form MPSJ, its a real pain in the neck. I dont know why they need to impose so many regulations on the pityful dog. I took nearly 6 months to get that stupid licence
Sorry to say this but I think you are just being prejudice and what you said is totally untrue.
It took me less than 6 minutes (exclude waiting for my angka giliran).
I am living in USJ 1 for as long as I can remember , no problem with town council only problem with irresponsible owners.
1. Fill in the forms . (adress , type of breed , type of house, contact number)
2. Press the button for your angka giliran.
3. Go to the counter pass the form , show vaccination card and pay RM20.
4. Take receipt , take license .
5. Go home and put license on the dog's collar.

Added on October 10, 2011, 4:48 pm
QUOTE(sugarmoon @ Jul 12 2010, 02:56 PM)
i reli don get it why we must apply for a pet dog license.. why other pets dont need? hmp >:(
1.I guess most animals doesn't attack and kill. ( not everyone knows how to react when they see a big dog. Some choose to run , sorry to them =), they are like rabbits to the dog. )
2. The vet department surely need the information in case there are some terrible animal disease outbreak.
3. A lot of irresponsible owners which allow their dogs to roam around and humping other peoples dog, peeing on ppl's tyre , poo-ing in front of people house, 24/7 barking . ( this neighbourhood doesn't belong to we alone.)
4. Certain pets which might cause harms and endangered species do require this ( Birds , exotic animals , dogs)
5. Maybe someday the councils will revoke this regulation if all of the dogs are well behaved , but we as the owner (leader of the pack) should start changing our attitude first.

Added on October 10, 2011, 4:52 pm
QUOTE(slko @ Mar 18 2008, 04:40 PM)
will it be safe if apply lisence since i staying at condo..
In normal case , no complain , no action. As long as none of your neighbour or management complain then dont worry , these officers won't trouble you cause you didnt trouble anyone.

you can still get a license , just randomly put a landed property address... hahaha , they wont check the truthfulness of your details .
But if really got people complain then too bad, license also won't help , coz its already been stated that cannot rear dogs on high rise residential .

This post has been edited by AntonioKane: Oct 10 2011, 04:52 PM
Sherry0315
post Feb 2 2012, 12:30 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

I want to register the dog lesen for my puppy, where shall I go to apply for it? I live in Kota Kemuning, how mch is the cost? if can please tell me the detil
tkt
post Mar 15 2012, 09:57 AM

Casual
336 posts

any1 can confirm on DBKL operation hour?
Saturday......am working office hour so i can only go on Sat....

Thanks.
carroty
post Mar 20 2012, 07:58 AM

6 posts

dear people,

I need your help, currently im helping Mutiara Rini shelter to win the votes and they will get AUS$5000 for their shelter. we need more ppl to vote and to win , can u help me to share it, pls? i've tried to ask my friends/ other NGO but still the votes is not enough, i hope you can ask your friends to help out.

This is about a shelter in Johor, there are 165 rescued dogs inthe shelter and now the land owner wanted to take back the land, so the shelter ppl need to find another piece of land . They found a land but they need to pay rm11,000 for the downpayment. so they really need to win the vote. This is their last hope. Pls help them to get more ppl to vote, it only takes a few min to verify the email and vote for them. thank you so much .

http://sunsuperdreams.com.au/dream/view/bu...-future-shelter
babesean
post Oct 8 2015, 12:38 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

Dear all, Im in dire need of help, since im still new to these stuff, I have no idea how to apply for a dog license, I received a letter/form from my local MPAJ, but what i've found MPAJ can took like 6 months to approve the license??? i saw i can apply through DBKL does that make any difference? can I go to DBKL since they can issue license on the spot and without having to give so much documents?? Im staying in Pandan Perdana(near Pandan Jaya/1Shamelin area, im abit worried if i get DBKL license they MPAJ later say cannot have to go apply again, can anyone advice i should go for DBKL or MPAJ?

This post has been edited by babesean: Oct 8 2015, 12:44 PM
corosadia
post Jul 22 2017, 02:22 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

Let me bring this thread into 2017.

Applying for dog licience from selayang council is easy for my Dobermann. All done in less than 30 mins with a smile. The caveat is that u must hav all the documents ready.

As a newbie in getting dog licence, i looked up the council website for info, went to their ioffice, pick up free form, which has all the requirements listed such as copies of ic, your passport photo, 4R photo of your dog (full size), proof of vaccination, etc..Recent rabies shot required.

..if mongrel, must neuter or no licence. if pedigree, show copy of pedigree cert and neutering exempted.

selayang dog licence is $30 annually n u get a dog tag that must be on the dog collar n a plastic plate to hang at your gate which has bar code to indicate whether the dog is legit or licensed.

Personally , i think u shld get your dog licensed for peace of mind. The annual fee is cheap n affordable. Get past the initial hassle of applying and everything shld be fine.

When the dog reaches its end if life ie dies, runs away or becomes roadkill, u also need to inform council.

This post has been edited by corosadia: Jul 22 2017, 02:34 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Blindspot61
post Jul 26 2017, 07:39 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(corosadia @ Jul 22 2017, 02:22 PM)
Let me bring this thread into 2017.
Applying for dog licience from selayang council is easy for my Dobermann. All done in less than 30 mins with a smile. The caveat is that u must hav all the documents ready.

As a newbie in getting dog licence, i looked up the council website for info, went to their ioffice, pick up free form, which has all the requirements listed such as copies of ic, your passport photo, 4R photo of your dog (full size), proof of vaccination, etc..Recent rabies shot required.

..if mongrel, must neuter or no licence. if pedigree, show copy of pedigree cert and neutering exempted.

selayang dog licence is $30 annually n u get a dog tag that must be on the dog collar  n a plastic plate to hang at your gate which has bar code to indicate whether the dog is legit or licensed.

Personally , i think u shld get your dog licensed for peace of mind. The annual fee is cheap n affordable. Get past the initial hassle of applying and everything shld be fine.

When the dog reaches its end if life ie dies, runs away or becomes roadkill, u also need to inform council.
Sigh, I just faced with this licensing issue today. cry.gif
Applied online (was told starting this year got to apply online) yesterday and got a 'Dikembalikan' status after checking and the reason they give, I really bangwall.gif

Reasons given for the 'returned' status.
1 Tempoh vaksinasi anjing telah tamat
2 Kad vaksinasi tidak disertakan
3 Gambar anjing tidak disertakan
4 Lokasi penempatan anjing di lokasi yang tidak dibenarkan
5 Keluasan premis tidak mencukupi
6 Lain-lain jika ada:
7 Tiada.

The Vaccination card is up todate and all info and documents for 1 to 3 are upload during the submission online.
I have been keeping my dog for the past 14 years and renew the license personally without any hassle/problems.

I am really clueless as to why it s returned and it didn't even give a proper reason. doh.gif

Will have to pay a visit to the municipal tomorrow. Sigh.
rmsk932
post Aug 20 2017, 04:08 AM

0 posts

Hi, I recently adopted a puppy and since it will be kept indoor, does it need a license? I guess without the council can take and put to sleep but if kept in house compound or indoor should be alright? Any feedback anyone?

My Mini Schnauzer: http://MiniInPenang.blogspot.my

This post has been edited by rmsk932: Aug 20 2017, 10:07 AM
k3v1n777
post Dec 12 2017, 10:25 AM

4 posts

hijack thread a bit.

anyone knows if we can apply dog license online in mbpj?
rhodry
post Jan 10 2018, 11:43 AM

Getting Started
285 posts

I went on DBKL's dog licence portal to find out more information and when I try to register, I just get this page:
Attached Image

I'm definitely getting a new puppy soon. Does this mean that it has to go unlicensed?
cyitling
post Mar 12 2018, 02:45 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(Blindspot61 @ Jul 26 2017, 07:39 PM)
Sigh, I just faced with this licensing issue today. cry.gif
Applied online (was told starting this year got to apply online) yesterday and got a 'Dikembalikan' status after checking and the reason they give, I really  bangwall.gif

Reasons given for the 'returned' status.
1 Tempoh vaksinasi anjing telah tamat
2 Kad vaksinasi tidak disertakan
3 Gambar anjing tidak disertakan
4 Lokasi penempatan anjing di lokasi yang tidak dibenarkan
5 Keluasan premis tidak mencukupi
6 Lain-lain jika ada:
7 Tiada.

The Vaccination card is up todate and all info and documents for 1 to 3 are upload during the submission online.
I have been keeping my dog for the past 14 years and renew the license personally without any hassle/problems.

I am really clueless as to why it s returned and it didn't even give a proper reason.  doh.gif

Will have to pay a visit to the municipal tomorrow. Sigh.
@Blindspot61,
Did you manage to find out what was the problem for the rejection? I am trying renew my dog license for 2018. I did the online submission last year with all the photos and necessary documentation with no issues. With this year's renewal, I updated a copy of the annual injection card from the vet and tried to renew it, and got the same reply as you.

I am referring to the MPSJ council area..
Blindspot61
post Mar 12 2018, 03:03 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(cyitling @ Mar 12 2018, 02:45 PM)
@Blindspot61,
Did you manage to find out what was the problem for the rejection? I am trying renew my dog license for 2018. I did the online submission last year with all the photos and necessary documentation with no issues. With this year's renewal, I updated a copy of the annual injection card from the vet and tried to renew it, and got the same reply as you.

I am referring to the MPSJ council area..
Finally yes in my subsequent try. Apparently, i cannot summit those document in pdf format i.e. vaccination doc etc. ALL doc and pic got to be in jpg if i remember correctly.

The thing is those people just too lazy to explain to you where is the mistake. Sigh. Just copy and paste those term into their reply to you.

Anyway this year we don't need to apply anymore. My poor dog passed away near end of last year. sad.gif

And don't forget to ensure your jpg files are small in size.

Good luck.
ntw
post May 8 2018, 06:33 PM

One Each At A Time
1,382 posts

Is it possible to get a dog license from DBKL if I'm staying in PV5 Condo?

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0156sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:44 AM