[wta] Mazda MPV 96/97 (?), US $750

views

TSmypetridish
post Feb 26 2007, 02:52 PM, updated 18y ago

Regular
1,313 posts

user posted image

Mileage: 240k Miles
Condition: Right power window not working, rear left tire needs replacement. Owner (honest person) said the engine is still good. I couldnt ask further as I know little about cars.
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_mpv

I havent driven it yet, it was snowy and I have never driven in snow before.

I couldnt find much info about it:

1. Is this a rear drive car?
2. Any airbags?
3. Does it have ABS?
4. Is it worth it? I'm paying for it on my own.
5. What should I check to know if the engine is good?
6. Any other thoughts?

This post has been edited by mypetridish: Feb 26 2007, 03:00 PM
almostthere
post Feb 26 2007, 03:12 PM

Kepala abah ko
Group Icon
VIP
3,773 posts

1. yes

2. Malaysian models had them so yes

3. 3.0 v6 yes

4. Depends, spares aren't that easy to find

5. try starting up from cold. If it chugs like boat initially bad sign

6. Good large MPV with rock solid engineering. But the looks.....okie dokie
tester1979
post Feb 26 2007, 04:00 PM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

for 750 bucks.....if it runs well, air conditioned properly and see no major problem, this would be a worth buy......

i am assuming that you are a student in states and looking for a car for daily trasportation. then, by the time you gonna leave, seliing the car at 750 bucks should not be any problem.....

just check as almostthere suggested and you should be fine. try to browse the internet for checklist on buying second hand cars.....there are lots of checklist and just print out one and bring with you when you check the car........just follow the checklist and you should be fine.....

one more thing you should consider is that, repair fees in the states are expensive.....thus a lot of people like to diy.......so prepare yourself with basic car maintanance knowledge.....else.....get a car that is still within warranty....the last i heard.....hyundai comes with 9 years warranty in 2006......before was 2-3 years.......

and considering that its USA, people are more defensive on roads.....so they are very gentle.....chances that you get into accident is low........unless you caused it or some idiot is drunk driving.......
TSmypetridish
post Feb 26 2007, 09:50 PM

Regular
1,313 posts

yes, your assumptions are on the dot.

im test driving it soon, and ive found a good site for the checklist.

thanks.

Added on February 27, 2007, 6:45 ambtw, where do i find out about cars inside out? ive googled and got to sites like zero to hundred which isnt helpful to me...

or im simply a horrible googler

This post has been edited by mypetridish: Feb 27 2007, 06:45 AM
tester1979
post Feb 27 2007, 10:34 AM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

err....to learn so much about cars in so little time is merely impossible.....the sites where you found the checklist might have more information that a person should know when looking for 2nd hand cars.....usually those sites has some advice you need and thus should have been covered in the checklist..........the checklist should cover you on checks that could be detected on buying cars.......to learn more.....basically internet reading is the best unless you have mechanic friend around....

forums specific to you car model would be best to learn of the car......because though all car function the same but each model is unique.....

if can't find a forum specific to your car......best you could do is forum of the brand of your car.....

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:45 PM