6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

2017 Elantra Sport, Turbo Version

views

wkc5657
post Feb 20 2017, 11:31 AM

On my way
513 posts

Very much interested in the elantra turbo, been waiting for ages, only now start to have more concrete news of it coming to our shores. This car was 1st in my list but too bad it took too long, I've already got a different car now. In any case, will definitely test drive this pocket rocket biggrin.gif

Not to mention the Kia Stinger 2 years down the road. That one would be awesome, beats the heck out of BMW/Audi/Mercedes on the external aesthetics.
wkc5657
post Feb 21 2017, 03:51 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(victorr @ Feb 21 2017, 11:28 AM)
Top marketing/strategist in Malaysia's automotive industry. The fate and trend of the whole market in Malaysia fully depend on his wise direction.

Looking forward to test drive this car but looking forward even more to the Master strategist's opinion
He will suddenly appear when the Kia Stinger arrives. He will boast saying that it was a secret project that he proposed but shelved due to whatever reason by the higher management. He'll complain that they steal his ideas after and resurrect it after kicking him out, and all those yada yada yada....

Just imagining what he will say tongue.gif

QUOTE(kluseng @ Feb 21 2017, 02:50 PM)
Hi laurateoh, can you tell us when the Elantra Sport is coming?
Maybe master strategist silenced her kot tongue.gif
wkc5657
post Mar 3 2017, 10:30 AM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ Mar 3 2017, 09:50 AM)
When are you bringing in the new i10, i20, i20 active, i30 and the new accent?

Hyundai has at least 6-7 models not seen here
Malaysia is not a hatchback type of market, and those that really want those only fix their eyes on Myvi because of the price, practicality and robustness, not because it is a hatchback. As our market is small, and being a sedan market, it would not make any financial sense to bring in the models you said. It might even canibalise sales from other models.

i10 is quite a niche, cost more than Myvi but smaller, not an easy pill for consumers to swallow.

i20 is possible, something like the Kia Rio, but still can't beat Myvi for the value for money when newly purchase. Again, this is a hatchback, and new Myvi is on the horizon, not easy competition to beat. There is no doubt that the brand perception still plays a part although i have no issues with the koreans as my family owned one.

i30, similar to elantra, just in hatchback form, very low demand, just like the mazda 3 hatchback.

The only possible model that makes sense is the accent. A good competitor to the Vios/City/Almera market. But with the MYR sliding, won't be price competitive against the Japanese counterparts who have larger scale and more established local assembly operations.

wkc5657
post Mar 3 2017, 03:32 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Mar 3 2017, 11:03 AM)
Bring elantra turbo with rm99k price tauuu
Will kill all C segment in msia
Not possible with MYR this low, during Badawi time RM3+/USD, maybe possible. If can price at RM115k - 125k, it is consider a good deal to consider. I wanted this car so much, but it just won't arrive. My so called "new ride" is at it's 2nd year and the Elantra belum sampai lagi laugh.gif

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Mar 3 2017, 11:30 AM)
finally a make sense answer appear.....  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif not every model bring in is sale able.... even the hottest jazz also not contributing much to honda sales also....
Appreciate the compliments, malaysia's market is just too small. It is hard to be a volume chaser when there are so many established brands together with the foreign brad adverse policies...

QUOTE(sitescope @ Mar 3 2017, 12:40 PM)
Put i20, rio same price with myvi then we all sure know which will make sale higher

* even i know it'll nvr happen in bolehland
Can help some but not totally flip the Myvi, remember that the brand perception of Korean brand among Malaysians are still stuck at old times. Besides, the Rio is considered more premium compared to the Myvi which is built to cost, not much niceties like what the Koreans may offer.

The best way in my opinion is to not fight Myvi, but consider what current Myvi owners may aspire to. My take will the the Kia soul and sell slightly below or similar to Vios/City pricing. Since these previous Myvi owners won't feel strange to a hatchback, together with the current market trend of smaller sized SUV/CUV (similar to HRV or CX3), they will see that the Kia Soul as a viable upgrade alternative with better interior and also more interesting styling without being over polarising. The turbo version can be priced around or slightly lower than HRV pricing to "insult" Honda tongue.gif

This is what i mean : http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/11/t...osting-the-box/

(See, so much more interesting, and very fitting to the name, the car really has soul!! If i'm a Myvi owner, won't regret ditching the Myvi for this awesome soulful car) thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by wkc5657: Mar 3 2017, 03:37 PM
wkc5657
post Mar 15 2017, 10:57 AM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(laurateoh @ Mar 14 2017, 07:40 PM)
haha how to april fool u lah boss?

launch i think mid/end april.
wa....look forward to seeing it in real metal rclxm9.gif
wkc5657
post Mar 16 2017, 09:37 AM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(Actchan @ Mar 15 2017, 07:40 PM)
Woah ! Super strong chassis . But wait , does it means impact from front , behind or side surrounding perform well too ?

Hi Laura ,will 2.0 turbo version possibly launch here ? 🤔
QUOTE(sitescope @ Mar 15 2017, 08:36 PM)
Are sure wanna buy 2.0 turbo ?
Price sure 199k
Only 1.6T, very good performance and some reviews liken it to have some soul of what the Civic should be, ironic that the current new Civic lost some of it's core "Civic-ness"

Just take Jayraptor's comments with a pinch of sand, he's just here to gauge the market sentiment and to black face the korean brands....almost like one of his/her friends that totally got removed in this forum...
wkc5657
post Mar 17 2017, 12:29 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(jayraptor @ Mar 16 2017, 10:31 PM)
Can't deny that bad strategies and planning are the main cause of Korean cars downfall, go check locar car sales from 2011-2016, it started to slide downard in 2014 and plummet it 2015 until now. End 2009-2013, I post free strategies that help good cars survive against dominating Japanese T & H on jihad as what Japanese marketing staff called me. Few companies marketing staff benefit a lot from all the free results and strategies to counter the 2 strongest brands. Throughout these years it proven that a car company would need good strategist to keep guiding and leading the war until real stable.

The same strategies cannot be used again for long as rival will come up with new strategies. Like my friend who turned to Japanese brand, it proved how soon the same old strategies became obsolete. Few car companies that have too much politics hiring people to steal ideas then fire like N brand showed how crappy their results end up. Short lived success then gone dead cold as seen in several models.

Toyota & Honda, they keep best strategists on long term to ensure success. Korean brand if wanted to win, it'll have to carefully check each job applicants to test true skills then choose really good ones for long term. Not by judging their academic and job experience alone.
Who you are, what you do doesn't concern much of us. But you and your friend keep sulking on the internal politics, hiring methods and especially harping on how good your strategies are all these stuffs are annoying. And to add to the insult, some of the "facts" you (and your friend) present just don't make any sense. You and your friend's credibility cannot hold ground despite you people seemingly have better internal knowledge than us. So if you want to have credibility, prove it with sound facts and explanation. And we can't fathom why you need to say Hyundai as "Hwontai" and Kia as "Keah". What the heck??!!! Want to be indirectly "direct" yet indirect rclxub.gif rclxub.gif

In the portal of free speech, i agree there is no stopping you from giving your piece of your mind. There are no denying that there are brand haters lurking around, but all just say a few words then that's all. Once in a while, fine. But you and your friend keep like to disturb the discussion on korean brands, and when we ask for specific facts, you and your friend would just be mum about it, due to "industrial secrets" or don't want to reveal strategies to marketing snoopers from other makes. When confronted, you (and your friend) will come out statements like other people don't know the "internal strategies" and repeat similar sentiments in different ways only. Worse, your friend make baseless statement on some forumers, attacking them that they are marketing snoopers trying to "profit" from his discussion. A lot of people fail to understand that free speech stands on constructive, fair and objective discussion, not senseless wordings and personal attacks. That's why moderators are around.

So if you don't want to say specifics, then better to remain silent. If you still want to keep dropping in talking about bad strategies speech, you will appear to be a trolling brand hatter because you don't contribute to the discussion with facts and good sound explanation. Better for you to go look out for other forums on marketing and strategies, but again, if you don't want to talk facts, you won't find home in the "more suitable" forum either. In fact, i do think those real marketing snoopers from other makes are smarter to either blend in with their postings or remain silent just to observe the sentiment of car owners of various brands in the forum.

This post has been edited by wkc5657: Mar 17 2017, 12:30 PM
wkc5657
post Mar 20 2017, 04:43 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(victorr @ Mar 18 2017, 12:16 AM)
Good and long write bro. Unfortunately the message won't get across to him. Because you can't post anything to counter him. Because everything else other than what he talk, cannot be accepted into his narrow mindset.

Elantra haven't launch yet, he already predicted sales not as good as Civic. Civic sales good is not because of his multi link or whatever technical stuff he posted that a normal consumer will never bother. Civic already have so good sales now. Of course hard to beat down with a Korean made Elantra especially in Malaysia. Duh.

I'm sure if one day Hyundai sales rise up, he will stand out and say it's because Hyundai finally hired his 'friend' and used his powerful strategy. Just check the sales record if you don't believe it.
Just too bad that he and his friend can't understand the fact that if they are being employed, office politics are just one of the risks that entails. If God bless (like me for all my post positions), the office people just don't play this kind of game. If too bad got into office politics crap, either one is good at "swimming" between sides or very good at tai-chi.

If cannot tahan office politics, jadi boss sendiri la....
wkc5657
post Mar 21 2017, 01:59 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ Mar 21 2017, 07:33 AM)
Hyundai and Kia competes very aggressively in other countries like Europe and North America and especially Australasia and US continent but it ain't happening here...

Why? Cos the pricing is too close to the Japanese rivals

Malaysians mindset still favor the Japanese over the Korean and most won't spend that much on a Korean brand.

That's why you hardly ever see a new Sportage, Tucson, i40, Sonata, Optima, Santa Fe, Sorrento on the road at all... They are as rare as seeing a European sports car. You see more new German new cars vs Korean... Instead, you see new Japanese cars everywhere now.

The only way the Korean has any slightest chance of winning Malaysian buyers is price. Price this new Elantra at a very competitive price that buyers will have to think twice not to give it a miss. Undercut the rivals like what they did it in the above continents. For instance, they can introduce the 1.6L like what they sell in spore and price is from RM82k. Buyers will think is there any reason not to buy this over City and Vios? Yes it's B versus C segment. But here people simply don't care! Then price the 2.0L from RM92k. People will be wowed that it's similarly priced with top spec city and Vios. Is there reason not to buy this Elantra over the rival such as Civic and Altis? That's 10-20% cheaper. Then price the 1.6L turbo from RM105k onwards. This severely undercut the rival and then Hyundai and Kia may have the chance steal their pie and regain their lost market share here. That is If they ever want to la. Maybe Msia market is too small for them to wanna do that? I don't know... Maybe they just want a very lean sales? Like few hundred a month? Just to have a presence in Malaysia?
Pricing low is nice, i would definitely snap one of the cars you mentioned if can priced like what you proposed. But one needs margin to survive and operate the admin and maintenance departments, not to forget the other indirect cost of stock holding and logistics.

And it is highly unlikely that the koreans can choose a loss leader type of strategy because the market penetration is low and also they don't have other products that can sell really well to cover loss leading products.

Further, our shitty ringgit, makes things really hard. Further, the CKD operations for the Koreans are not as extensive like the japanese counterparts here. Even in SKD form, because part localisation portion is small, add in taxes, hard to improve margins.

In short, not that they don't want, but they can't. Also, if once priced too low against rivals, highly likely to end up being trapped there and cannot move up. Perception wise, people may start viewing the brand as cheap again even though the korean brands have graduated from that state. If stuck at this stage, if you bring the price up for the next model, you'll lose market share real quick. Further, will depress the 2nd hand market real bad, making bad impression for potential buyers on the sidelines. The major factor that the Toyota and Honda can do so well is very much due to the resale market holding prices up.

They can't be like those chinese smartphone makers (Oppo/Xiaomi/Huawei) where they start cheap but now getting towards premium end, because the product cycle and technological landscape is vastly different. For smartphones, can slowly increase the price yearly through successive model replacements. As for cars, new models cycle is usually 6-7 years. Further, consistent technological improvements on car markets are far in between. For smartphones, every year got some improvements to processing power, bigger/better screen, longer battery life, camera improvements, etc. For cars, in recent times, i think only Skyactiv is one of those more radical development. Even so, the improvements are gradual at best, not like the <20% for smartphone technology.

Not to forget also, the distributors also have a part to play. Kia under Nasim, Sime Darby for Hyundai. I believe Nasim is more focused on their parallel import division than the proper car brands. Even so, they are focusing more efforts on Peugeot/Citroen than Kia. For Sime Darby, since BMW and Porsche are earning big bucks, of course not willing to spend resources on bringing up Hyundai.

Will be good that one of the korean brand pulls out, boot out hyundai and keep Kia to avoid segment canniblisation. Hyundai's target market segment is too close/similar to mainstream Toyota/Honda, really difficult to fight with the big boys. Kia has an edgier design philosophy and has the unconventional type of tendency. No need to fight with mainstream, carve out a segment of your own like what Mazda has achieved with the Skyactiv range.

But to do so, need to expand the lineup and bring in aspirational upgrade type of model like the soul and niro (and hopefully in the future, the stinger). My view is that the first 2 models are good candidates for those that want to graduate from myvi/saga/persona (and maybe some vios and city). If can buy up Proton's tanjung malim plant, Kia get regional economies of scales, plus get to expand their markets into south east asia with a assembly hub right here instead of thailand.
wkc5657
post Mar 22 2017, 01:23 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(jayraptor @ Mar 21 2017, 11:33 PM)
SD did pumped in high budget to bring up Hyundai indeed, much spent on advertisements but it didn't return good results. Your suggestion of Hyundai should wrap up and go home will only leave existing owners without after sales, people losing jobs and cause people to condemn korean cars sending it into dead end for Kia that will be seriously affected.

Well, if can't sell, just like alfa romeo, better to let it disappear. Yes, jobs will be lost and hyundai customers will be saddened. But they can rest assure that major mechanical components will not be an issue as Kia shares the same mechanicals. Besides, perceptions aside, the fact is the powertrain has proven to be rather reliable to date.

Another alternative is to combine both under 1 distributor (but not sure whether the principle group in Korea will allow or not), something like what peugeot/citroen doing now. I think there will be about 40% overlap, so not so much pain letting some people go and close down some shops. Could have better pricing negotiation power from our end since can order more vehicles and parts from the group. Can have some logistical and warehousing savings as most of the mechanical components are shared between both Hyundai and Kia.

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ Mar 22 2017, 07:42 AM)
I still think the pricing of current Hyundai and Kia is way too expensive and price too close to Japanese rivals.

For instance the Kia Forte. Price starts from RM99k?

Why would anybody buy this over HRV for instance? Although one is SUV and one is sedan, people will go for the best value for money. M3 is only price a few Ks higher and civic around RM10-13k higher.

Then comes the Tucson and Sportage. Both priced in the RM120-140k category.

Who would buy this over the HRV and Xtrail?

The pricing is all wrong. The i40 for instance and sonata is priced above the Accord and Teana? That's boom to fail la

Hyundai and Kia should maintain their strategy to price it 15-20% lower than the rivals. That way there's a good reason for people to consider and want to buy a Korean.
I actually think that those people that thinks HRV is a good buy really need go through their considerations. Especially those that bought the high spec version during it's launching. It was damn expensive, for a few thousand more, can get CX5 GL specs with better specs than HRV plus 3 years of free service (during 2015 when both models were launched, now CX5 price widen further). 1.8L vs 2L road tax not much difference, the CVT is not something exceptional, mazda's interior is better and HRV it's not even a proper SUV...

This post has been edited by wkc5657: Mar 22 2017, 01:27 PM
wkc5657
post Mar 24 2017, 02:48 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ Mar 23 2017, 07:35 AM)
They buy becos of looks la hahaha like me

I prefer my HRV interior over the CX5. The CX5 just looks soooooo dated... Not my cup of tea and the rear seating position is very high
If you like the design, then nothing much for me to say like since very subjective personal preference.

But from value for money perspective, HRV and the CX3 (and probably to up coming C HR) are just out of scale. Spend so much money for so little "metal"....again, unless the design is what the buyer aiming for....

QUOTE(victorr @ Mar 23 2017, 04:03 PM)
Not only cannot get job, also kena banned in forum. Totally reflects his attitude problem in life.

It's OK to give your opinion. But don't need to mention about hmc not hiring your friend every time please. We know already
Actually, not much "proper" opinion given, just keep repeating the same sob story of the friends pissed off with Korean principles, left unappreciated, looking for a job (i already give "free advice" to set up own consulting company mah....since the strategy very good, must have reputation right; own business no need to report to manager/principle, no need to suffer office politics, no need to keep feeling unappreciated, no need to wait monthly for meager salary, no need to feel angry whether strategy got applied or not because money already in pocket after strategy consultancy services fees masuk pocket, can earn money from both sides....etc)

I write long nice story before also cannot understand the main point for him to state something factual or proper explanation instead of just barking with the same statement. In the recent Sonata thread, he got some proper discussion mah...don't know why here suddenly change character... sad.gif

Some more the "friend" can claim that EGR need to change at every service interval whistling.gif

QUOTE(jayraptor @ Mar 23 2017, 09:46 PM)
I used to own Forte and Santa Fe. 2014 & 2015 if not mistaken, the Korean management angered few of my buddies that are good strategists, 1 of them really mad that he gave out strategies to Japanese. Saw korean sales going down then started throwing crazy discount. I quickly sold off both rides before RV drop to nothing. 2015 & 2016 the koreans pissed them more, more aids to Japanese until 1 joined Japanese.

Wa...you damn rich hor....sell off your cars during the 1st 3 years of ownership when the RV drops the most regardless of any car brand....

QUOTE(monocle @ Mar 24 2017, 11:23 AM)
Haha. Syok.

He damn butthurt Korean company never use his strategy. So what

And never use his strategy that's why fail in marketing.

And his friend go over Japan company that's why the strategy works.

They must have been involved in designing the new Hondas we see .

What logic is this.

Last time that Sebastian after kena csi direct mia.  LMAO
psst.....

Actually hor, president trump won because i'm the secret strategist. It was so secret to the point that his campaign manager don't know about it. Who would have thought that the US presidential candidate would seek consultation from an unknown person from an infamous small country right?? I didn't receive even a small souvenir from him you know...

Hillary proudly snuff off during the campaign period, padan muka, but i and now official president trump laughing every day laugh.gif

(i also can come out with such nice story la....when no need to substantiate, can say any crap also considered as fact....)

This post has been edited by wkc5657: Mar 24 2017, 02:51 PM
wkc5657
post Mar 28 2017, 03:58 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(jayraptor @ Mar 24 2017, 08:31 PM)
I'm supporting Japanese King Strategist now. Why should I to tell you? Buy Japanese car better, safer buy. Won't end up like my ex-colleague's old optima only get sympathy trade in RM3k when wanted to buy Honda. He tried to sell for few months nobody buy.
Dude, i respect the fact that you MAYBE a legitimate marketer (although you have yet to prove yourself), hence i just want to give a chance for you to prove to us how/what can be done for that time (which is already 5 years ago and the previous sonata 2.4 is no longer on sale anymore). You can present a case study as it is already past.

And your friend's old optima, how old is it, and what it the condition? We all know that the resale value of the korean brands are definitely lower to the japanese peer, but RM3k is akin to scrap metal pricing and if you want to make a statement that is beyond reason, please present the facts properly. So either your ex-colleague got screwed big time while you stood aside, the car is really is shit condition (eg flooded), he was just wanting to be "humble" or it truly is the market value (but highly extremely doubtful)

My previous workplace sold off an almost 10 year old infamous naza ria and get so much better pricing then your ex-colleague. And best off all, that said MPV had a really bad patch of rusted door panel almost the size of half a palm and the front bonnet's paint and clear coat faded off due constant sun shine, corrosive environment near the sea port and also the plant has raw materials that are acidic in nature. Further, the car only went for a handful of car washes a year. The condition is definitely below average in general.

So would be "nice" if you clarify.

QUOTE(jayraptor @ Mar 24 2017, 08:53 PM)
Japanese King Strategist would like to thank the several of you suspected Korean car marketing (but never bought Korean cars personally) for posting dumb suggestions and comments. He is compiling everything to use these comments you guys posted against your company.

You just showed your poor general knowledge. Marketing strategist objectives are to get people to buy the company's product and also to draw people away from competitor. Your mentality must be thinking that Honda won mainly because of its design and specs. People buy Honda mainly because they feel safe to buy and own for long term.

You assumed Korean car owners don't care about resale value at all. Really? So you want to say those who bought Korean cars today, next 5 or 7 years later, they wanted to buy new car, their own cars cannot sell and only get sympathy trade in RM3k for year end sale of certain models on offer? That means cannot buy Mazda that has no discount normally.  Car gets poor RV normally due to poor demand for used unit.

Some of us do own korean cars, but you just want to vehemently deny. Nevermind, if you want to play with words, you can ask us to prove our ownership. Nice question, but let us ask you how will you prove our "un-ownership"?? mega_shok.gif

So if we lack general knowledge or lack marketing knowledge, fine. Then educate us with your vast knowledge and superior experience. We are all ready to learn. But beware that some here have hands on knowledge about the technicalities and histories about cars. So if the comments are bull, we'll call the bluff. If it is not clear, those curious will ask for further clarification.

You always stand on the stance of "marketing secrets", then since it is so secret, then keep mum about it la. If you keep want to babble about how shitty is the koreans, you're engaging in negative marketing.

For those that have some sales knowledge (you should have more right??), they will know that merely just shitting the competing product is a very low handed technique and will eventually bring disgust of the audience unless the audience is already biased-ly locked (which most marketers would love to achieve in the shortest time possible).

QUOTE(jayraptor @ Mar 24 2017, 09:27 PM)
The few of you suspected korean staff that are so terasa of own failure, that's why you get mad and began creating stories and changing facts that others posted especially your foes. Based on several people's comments, my friend's prediction all came true. That's why you're all eyesore.

I'm pretty sure my friend that you're referring did not mention EGR change every year. You lost debate now like crybaby trying to throw whatever you can grab. Now that you mentioned, he must be telling you all about my few years old Santa Fe EGR faulty case. It was clogged up with carbon buildup. My Santa Fe began to jerk and few times almost stalled that u have to pump accelerator few times. I sent to SC, they wanted to charge me money for repair while under warranty. I argued and sent to HQ. They finally willing to replace the badly clogged EGR but no spare parts have to order from Korea waited for 1 month. Several owners of Santa and Starex had such problem after 3 or 4 years. Wonder why no spare part when this case is common?

Who are the suspected ones my dear? wub.gif

My EGR worked fine even at the 7th year of using it. My car didn't stall nor jerk. So question :
1) did you change your engine oil regularly?
2) did you extend your oil change interval more than 6 months constantly?
3) did you do frequent of cold starts/short drives?
4) was your usual drive route unusually dusty?
5) were you caught in the jam most of the time while owning the santa fe?

From my data base (yes, i have my own source from genuine recorded complaints, not mere forums), the only cause of early EGR failure that has similar circumstances with our driving environment was due to high ambient temperature + extensive idling. And as a matter of fact, for all car models with direct injection (without combination of indirect injection), carbonising issue is common, alike those of the VW/Audi and very much so the Peugeot's THP 1.6L engine. In fact, i have a silent worry that my Mazda have the risk of developing the said issue, and i already have a few plans in mind to reduce it.

QUOTE(jayraptor @ Mar 27 2017, 10:45 PM)
You, monocle and wkc are most likely with distributors. I'm putting my ace strategist into principal company to solve korean cars poor sales and poor RV issues. So what's with all the hostilities btw? You guys think if he joined HMC, he will attack Kia? Good strategist would come up with plans to take on the best, not own cousin. If he succed, whatever strategies that he implemented would benefit the other sibling company.
I for one (whether you believe or not) doesn't work for the Koreans. As i stated before, if a marketer was lurking around spying, highly likely will just silently observe and if want to comment, will blend in like what normal forummers do.

Unlike you, and your friend who shout out loud and more than once (obviously), I'M THE SUPER STRATEGIST TO KILL THE KOREAN BRANDS. So when you keep harping on this, you surely garner attention, definitely more eyes will be on you because only you and your friend (from the years of using this forum), dare to state this statement. Even the real sales agents don't do that and properly answer queries properly and direct their marketing in the proper channel (garage zone) without your "attention seeking" anti marketing statements whistling.gif

QUOTE(jayraptor @ Mar 27 2017, 11:44 PM)
Wkc said your company can afford to lose money with poor sales.
Please quote where did i mentioned that my dear wub.gif

Dude, in short, keep your pride (same for the "king strategist") in check. If cannot engage in constructive conversation in the forum due to "industrial marketing secrets", then stay mum and DESTROY THE ARSED UP KOREANS. Most of us heck care, because we won't know until you and your friend start showing up. Whether you realise or not, you present yourself like the savior, so people will of course take note as seriously, YOU 2 DUDES ARE THE ONLY ONES OUTRAGEOUS ENOUGH TO CLAIM TO BE THE "MESSAIAH" OF THE CAR INDUSTRY in Fast and Furious.

If you can't and still like to harp, who will not notice with such statements constantly? You're almost just short of saying to kowtow to you or king strategist (or be very afraid???!!! yawn.gif ) and we will want you to prove yourself. Then you repeat the similar marketing strategy secrets statements, then it goes on an infinite cycle. Faham??

This post has been edited by wkc5657: Mar 28 2017, 04:07 PM
wkc5657
post Mar 28 2017, 04:02 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(monocle @ Mar 28 2017, 08:19 AM)

Mr Bernard Tan smile.gif
No good la....name the person publicly like that....

But I'm really curious, how old is this guy?
wkc5657
post Mar 28 2017, 04:15 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(monocle @ Mar 28 2017, 04:06 PM)
Fuh your reply.. although us tldr but I also read finish..
When he quote me improperly and also simply accuse, want to teach that fellor a lesson.

Tapi gua tau orang tu tak fasih

How old this fellow ar?
wkc5657
post Mar 28 2017, 11:39 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(jayraptor @ Mar 28 2017, 10:32 PM)
I'm not related to automotive before and after retirement. Totally different field and my research on cars are mostly past time hobby.

Japanese King Strategist said don't post anything that could help any cars, so I don't say. FYI, I'm now more of sports commentator, only talk on the match competition, not helping you solve your problem. You want savior to save you and your company, ask your principal to hire real strategist especially 1 that own and will buy korean cars using own money. Not just pick someone with mba, phd, etc but knew nothing about people's cars yet won't buy korean cars at all.

That Japanese King Strategist that korean principal braindrained to Japanese rival is showing everyone what he's capable of since day 1. That's sending korean back to its darkest era, help his Japanese company seize remaining shares and earn big bonus and promotion, pay rise opportunities. He is like LCW beating up rival badminton rookies that don't stand a chance. If korean strategist hopeless employed by HMC or KMC, then sure exciting match having Lin Dan to challenge LCW. Will keep you guys stay tune on the next match results. Seems like Japanese King Strategist is leading far ahead.
rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

The bolded words shows how great thou imagination and speculation on us puke.gif

People ask clarification, don't want to answer

People ask explanation, don't want to give

People ask for "education", but constantly sounds like teaching something not related, then repeat same thing like clockwork?? confused.gif

Aih....your friend, since day 1, so talented, so much foresight, so wise, great ideas, such a conqueror, such arrogance....maybe the characteristics of a great leader??!!

But hor.....your great strategist friend, i'm so very much surprised that he is stuck listening to your defends against our "farts" here instead of being at least in the regional office or in China/HQ/US/Europe? Such a waste of talent.... our market here so tiny kecil....should really go into politics to help the greater good or be at a much higher position than here.....

QUOTE(monocle @ Mar 28 2017, 10:39 PM)
kan dah kata ni, tak fasih, skrang nampak cam tak masuk akal

Notice the capital letters for "K"ing "S"trategist...wow....just wow..... mega_shok.gif

Your comment made laugh and bang table biggrin.gif

QUOTE(throx @ Mar 28 2017, 10:56 PM)
Who cares whether Japanese company beat the hell out of Korean or the other way round. 99.9% of the forumers here are just ordinary car owners and not linked to the automotive industry. Those who wanted to talk about marketing strategies should just open another thread and talk until the cows come home.
So can we stick to the topic and discuss about the New Elantra ?
Good question, but go ask jayraptor suddenly barge in and gave a fantastical tirade on how wonderful the strategies are and how the koreans suck when no one was asking for one. If you have the patience to look a few pages before, suddenly got a strategy prophet come kacau. Just a troll that just seeks attention, in the wrong venue and wrong manner.

Some of us here have a taste of his "insightful facts" on a number of occasions that are either blatantly bull, or very much unclarified in the most mannered way to describe. Extremely arrogant, give him a little reality rundown.

QUOTE(jayraptor @ Mar 28 2017, 11:04 PM)
Again trying to win when everyone here knew i'm retired. You're truly korean version of Sam Loo. Even real Sam Loo already been through reeducation and able to talk some common sense. You so backward probably driven by desperation taking whatever you can throw. Tell me, how's your poor sales doing? Times are bad and buyers are more careful in buying cars especially. Your car only got look and gadgets doesn't bring good sales. You keep shooting at commentator or referee, the public sees you as loser venting anger because of not able to beat your competing rival. Yesterday you happily insulted my friend, today he defeated you. Tomorrow he won flawless.

Btw, what's your prediction and thoughts on new Elantra that will be priced at Japanese price range? To you, Elantra 2.0 rm120k vs Cerato 2.0 only? How to beat Civic 1.8 and mazda 2.0l? What do the 2 korean c segments got that could challenge Civic and mazda 3?'
Ermmm......uh.....so??

And anyway, in short, your word against our word, but most that are here long enough will know that you (or your great friend) have all that needs to be proved, but we don't need to whistling.gif

Kawan, good night yo icon_rolleyes.gif Sleeping late causes aging to accelerate.

This post has been edited by wkc5657: Mar 28 2017, 11:40 PM
wkc5657
post Mar 30 2017, 11:40 AM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(jayraptor @ Mar 29 2017, 10:58 PM)
Venting anger at commentator again? Sports commentator only talk about the events, not teaching athletes how to win. Well, he is now the King Strategist since none of his rivals could put up challenge. The results these past few months look like he kept smashing and scoring unopposed by Korean defenders.

Fasih = fluent in English
Do you know that? You seems to have mistook it as something else. Better you stick to English because your BM really failed badly.

My comments on Korean cars losing sales are taken from survey on korean car owners conducted by your rival actually. I only added 1 solution as tips for you desperate people. Won't offer anything else. I do sleep early and get enough 8 hours daily. Thank you for your concern, I do exercise every morning and eat healthy food too.

You look more like troll instead blaming hyundai for causing poor Kia sales that hyundai should wind up. Look back history, it was Cerato that could not sell end up throwing price first that caused Elantra to follow suit. So why are you here then? To bring down Elantra hoping to steal its tiny sales instead of challenging Japanese Civic, Altis, Mazda 3? If new Elantra gets the existing 1.8L carried forward, then it could sell at rm112k price range.
rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

Good BM lesson, i checked dictionary, i used the wrong word.

Well, are you being the "commentator" who suppose to be objective/impartial, or just don't want to say directly that you are the brand promoter for japs??

When people come to give an opposing opinion to yours, it "always" turns out that the person is working for hyundai/kia hor mega_shok.gif

Pricing the Elantra 1.8L at 112k with MYR at such bad state, almost impossible to be in a survivable margin considering that the koreans don't have localisation options to the extent like toyota/honda. If brought in with the torsion beam option to save cost, it will be the same argument you did before where you (or your friend) who compared very favourably towards the Honda Civic's multi link. With the koreans cornered and out of option, they should only bring in the full fledged 1.6T to be the segment leader in performance and price it around 125k - 130k.

But anyway, enough has been said. Whatever we say that are alternative to your views regarding to koreans, it will always end up with the "heads you win, tails we lose" type of situation or that we are trying to spy on the King's strategies or that we are useless people working for the korean brands. The discussion will always have this type of conclusion doh.gif

This post has been edited by wkc5657: Mar 30 2017, 12:02 PM
wkc5657
post Apr 4 2017, 03:20 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(shakku @ Apr 4 2017, 12:03 PM)

And honestly, how much does HU costs these day?
True headunit hardware costs few hundred ringgit at most, it is the software that also costs money.

It's like windows OS disc, cost maybe RM1/pc, but the actual license at least RM100.

QUOTE(sitescope @ Apr 4 2017, 01:19 PM)
1.6t ?
yes, but that one just don't hope to replicate it here as our weather is hot and humid. Lesser dense air = lesser oxygen = lesser oomph in combustion = lesser power to the wheels laugh.gif

Still a nice competition to the Civic turbo. Can have a little review comparison here

wkc5657
post Apr 4 2017, 05:06 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(KennyKB @ Apr 4 2017, 04:26 PM)
The Elantra Sport will usher in a new era in motoring for Malaysians who yearn for a powerful yet family oriented and fun car for everyday driving. For too long have Malaysian drivers found that they need to make an unpalatable trade-off between power and maintenance. At present practically all powerful turbo cars are Continental makes with high maintenance costs and fearful unreliability. They come from marques like Ford, Peugeot, VW, BMW or Mercedes to name a few. The Mazda 3 came close but being NA does not give the kick. Sadly the eagerly awaited Honda Civc turbo does not go far enough. It was only lightly turboed for economy and letdown by a lazy CVT transmission. An almost exciting car but quite not there yet.

But hope comes in the form of a Korean car. Enter the Elantra Sport like a ray of sunshine. At long last ordinary Malaysians can buy a powerful yet easy to maintain car with good reliability and acceptable maintenance cost without having to step fearfully into Continental cars or go hardcore like the Civic Type R. A driver's car which you did not have to mortgage your house for or forfeit your annual leave. This will be a game changer in the local automobile scene; the dawn of a new era in motoring that will rise up like the sun.
Wa....your write up shocking.gif

It come with DCT, so there are some quirks associated to it and hope that our market consumers really accepts it. But their DCTs seemed to be quite ok till date from what i can find around the net.
wkc5657
post Apr 14 2017, 11:44 AM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(mewhoyou @ Apr 14 2017, 08:29 AM)
Price should be 99,999 otr
Might as well tell hyundai malaysia to close shop and sell everything at clearance price. 100k OTR is selling at loss unless they get government to waive the duties.

QUOTE(sitescope @ Apr 14 2017, 08:33 AM)
Hyundai nvr learned frm veloster n cerato turbo tragedy...
Hope after 1yr will get 30k discount
i presume you mean the cerato/forte koup as the normal cerato lineup here has no turbo variant.

Veloster and forte koup are 2 door coupes, very low demand and quite impractical for our market which priorities value for money as cars are damn expensive relative to our yearly income.

western countries, they have high income and the car cost on average less than their yearly income at most. They have plenty of spare cash to play around products that are deemed "impractical toys" to our market.

4 door sedan/SUV with turbo can have greater potential to sell, just what the market wants. But will always have the inherent image issue to compete against Honda.

This post has been edited by wkc5657: Apr 14 2017, 11:46 AM
wkc5657
post Apr 14 2017, 03:03 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ Apr 14 2017, 02:12 PM)
According Wikipedia, the Mazda 3 skyactive 2.0L already does 0-100km/hr in just 7.8 seconds, which is faster than Civic Turbo and almost 2 seconds faster than the normal Civic.

Civic CVT is pretty slow versus Nissan or Toyota.

I think Sylphy and Altis pickup is faster than the Civic 1.8L
QUOTE(Ginny88 @ Apr 14 2017, 02:21 PM)
Not possible to get below 8s for the Mazda 3 0-100 km/hr sprint. I think I've seen a test where the Mazda 3 and Civic turbo are neck to neck at 8.2s if I remember correctly.
That sub 8 second number is most likely derived from the manual transmission, and typically evaluated under the cooler climate than our hot and humid climate which handicaps the best performance potential of the engine. The best reference is from the mazda singapore brochure :

http://www.mazda.com.sg/wp-content/plugins...page=&zoom=auto

(screen shot below)

8.9s to 100km/h Ok la, lose out to civic turbo, but then, so what? Either way who is fast or not, the revvy nature and linearity of the skyactiv engine is something quite fun.

This post has been edited by wkc5657: Apr 14 2017, 03:06 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0278sec    0.30    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:13 AM