Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

2017 Elantra Sport, Turbo Version

views

jacobngen87
post Jan 25 2017, 04:32 PM

2 posts

Price will be the determining factor here. This new Elantra has been released in many other countries at least a year ago and Malaysia still has not gotten it yet.

Hope Hyundai can sell this model below RM85k for the 1.6L and below RM115k for the Turbo version.

If not I believe most buyers will go for the Japanese made like M3 and Civic and kimchi Forte

jacobngen87
post Feb 23 2017, 07:19 PM

2 posts

The new avante/Elantra has been sold in other countries since 2015.

By the time it arrives here the new gen would have surfaced already

Lousy Hyundai these days on their new models. Hardly see a new sonata and Tucson otr

Price is way too high. People will continue to go for Honda, Mazda and other Japanese brands

jacobngen87
post Mar 3 2017, 08:09 AM

2 posts

Hmmmm interesting comment

So far I haven't seen an Ioniq on the road

However Civic and Altis are flooding the road

Hyundai sell how many cars on Jan and Feb versus Toyota and Honda? Specially on the ioniq? Will be interesting to see what are the actual sales figure model per model. Maybe you can enlighten us on this?

Has their sales really suffer according to laurateoh?

jacobngen87
post Mar 3 2017, 09:50 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(laurateoh @ Mar 3 2017, 08:41 AM)
I work for Hyundai Glenmarie. My next door neighbor is one of the highest selling Honda showroom. We know their sales has dropped.

Honda and Toyota have been in Malaysia for several decades. Hyundai 1.

We may not have their numbers now, but it's OK.

With time, you'll see more.

Ioniq is superb.
Elantra Sport Turbo AD and Tucson Turbo coming.
Just Google and watch the video reviews.

Just don't knock it if u haven't been in a new Peter Schreyer built unit lately.

You will be surprised. We are not lousy. Tq.
When are you bringing in the new i10, i20, i20 active, i30 and the new accent?

Hyundai has at least 6-7 models not seen here

jacobngen87
post Mar 6 2017, 07:53 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(jayraptor @ Mar 5 2017, 09:42 PM)
People are more careful in buying cars nowadays especially with our current economic. Most would go for the safest future proof like Honda and Toyota. Unless korean cars could strengthen its base in gaining owners' trust, otherwise it won't sell in huge numbers.

I went to honda with relative to check on BRV last month, the service centre was packed with people, so was the showroom. Passed by hyundai, the SC has few people while showroom empty. Sad to see that. Hyundai really needs to hire good strategists to get them back on track. The few members I knew who applied were rejected. 1 of them ended joining Japanese brand.
Honda does everything right

They give great design, good package with a good price. Ppl wan the best value for money

When Elantra and Forte was launched back in 2011-2013 they sell for only around RM76k, similarly priced with the city and vios

Ppl can buy a better looking and c segment forte and Elantra. Elantra and forte sales skyrocketed. You see forte and Elantra everywhere

But now you hardly see a new Hyundai and Kia these days except the forte since it's still "competitively" priced but at a higher price point

But Hyundai? None seen.... Their new models are as rare as a Suprima S. If Tucson is priced competitively or slightly below the HRV and their Elantra in the city V / Vento price point, introduce a few more models like the Creta, i20 and new accent and sell below the city and Vios price point, Hyundai can be a formidable alternative to the H and T like you seen in many other countries

Hyundai and Kia have been known to undercut their rivals in other countries but they are not doing it here

jacobngen87
post Mar 7 2017, 08:14 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(epo @ Mar 6 2017, 08:08 PM)
Lucky i didn't buy that city
In 2010 no car close to 2.0 forte spec with rm95k price tag

Wish this elantra will price at rm99k for high spec, not empty one
Otherwise hyundai is digging their own grave
When you're spending 100k on a car, you wanna go for the best in class. Civic and Altis are the best in class to beat. You can say that civic is the king of c segment. Would you rather spend 100k on the best or not the best? HRV too. That's why you see so many civic and HRV otr these days. Although it's a B segment suv based on the Jazz platform, it doesn't look nor drives nor behave like a B segment. That's why the HRV can compete aggressively against C segment suv. Similarly to the city and Vios. It's based on B segment, but the look is deceiving thinking that it's a C segment car. Ppl are basically sold and perceived by how it looks rather than whether it's a B or C segment. Ppl don't really care about that.

This Elantra is sold as both 1.6, 1.8 in Singapore. If Hyundai bothers to bring in the 1.6 and sell at city E price than Hyundai will have a chance. If the Elantra 2.0 is sold between RM92-97k, then it may have a chance of eating into the civic pie.

jacobngen87
post Mar 16 2017, 01:20 PM

2 posts

Let me guess

2.0L : RM121,988
1.6T : RM136,988

jacobngen87
post Mar 17 2017, 06:34 PM

2 posts

Lol it's just an Elantra.... Like an Altis, Sylphy...

So far I haven't seen a single Ioniq on the road yet

I seen the Elantra until sien already in Singapore

I won't say I like the design I think it's a little conservative compared to the previous model. And comparing with the Civic I prefer the Civic much more and the M3 also. I think this current Elantra has better design than Altis and definitely more nicer than the Sylphy

But it's one of the most best selling Small sedan in the US after Altis and Civic

This post has been edited by jacobngen87: Mar 17 2017, 06:36 PM
jacobngen87
post Mar 17 2017, 09:48 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Mar 17 2017, 07:08 PM)
Kenot imagine rear civic ketam is nice design, i kenot brain it...
Rear ioniq also not nice...
M3 quite ok
Ketam is delicious ma no mehh? Especially cooked in salted egg style. Jepun king crab lagi sedap hahahahahahaha

Forgot to mention the cerato forte it's one of the nicest looking C segment out there. But Civic now is the nicest la lol

jacobngen87
post Mar 21 2017, 07:33 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(jayraptor @ Mar 20 2017, 10:30 PM)
Can you pinpoint any tell tale forumners in LYF that could precisely predict things that will happen like what I said or my friend said? Reason being we don't tell tale but predicted based on their activities, sales statistics, customers surveillance and strategies.

Based on few fellas here who mentioned my friend, seems like he predicted everything right about Cerato. Do you know that Cerato already lost before the car is launch? Deadly strategies from attacking rivals and weak counter strategies by defender are the main cause of Cerato downfall. There's no room for error.

The new Elantra, the Japanese rivals are planning to give it pearl harbour attack before Elantra can take on Japanese sales. Economy is harsh, competition is more desperate that every sales count. If this new Elantra failed, it will lose most of the customers faith. They can try their luck on B segment Accent but without good strategies, people will think 1.4L underpowered while 1.6L too expensive, fuel guzzling. It has 1.0T but price could end up higher than NA 1.6L
Hyundai and Kia competes very aggressively in other countries like Europe and North America and especially Australasia and US continent but it ain't happening here...

Why? Cos the pricing is too close to the Japanese rivals

Malaysians mindset still favor the Japanese over the Korean and most won't spend that much on a Korean brand.

That's why you hardly ever see a new Sportage, Tucson, i40, Sonata, Optima, Santa Fe, Sorrento on the road at all... They are as rare as seeing a European sports car. You see more new German new cars vs Korean... Instead, you see new Japanese cars everywhere now.

The only way the Korean has any slightest chance of winning Malaysian buyers is price. Price this new Elantra at a very competitive price that buyers will have to think twice not to give it a miss. Undercut the rivals like what they did it in the above continents. For instance, they can introduce the 1.6L like what they sell in spore and price is from RM82k. Buyers will think is there any reason not to buy this over City and Vios? Yes it's B versus C segment. But here people simply don't care! Then price the 2.0L from RM92k. People will be wowed that it's similarly priced with top spec city and Vios. Is there reason not to buy this Elantra over the rival such as Civic and Altis? That's 10-20% cheaper. Then price the 1.6L turbo from RM105k onwards. This severely undercut the rival and then Hyundai and Kia may have the chance steal their pie and regain their lost market share here. That is If they ever want to la. Maybe Msia market is too small for them to wanna do that? I don't know... Maybe they just want a very lean sales? Like few hundred a month? Just to have a presence in Malaysia?

This post has been edited by jacobngen87: Mar 21 2017, 07:42 AM
jacobngen87
post Mar 22 2017, 07:42 AM

2 posts

I still think the pricing of current Hyundai and Kia is way too expensive and price too close to Japanese rivals.

For instance the Kia Forte. Price starts from RM99k?

Why would anybody buy this over HRV for instance? Although one is SUV and one is sedan, people will go for the best value for money. M3 is only price a few Ks higher and civic around RM10-13k higher.

Then comes the Tucson and Sportage. Both priced in the RM120-140k category.

Who would buy this over the HRV and Xtrail?

The pricing is all wrong. The i40 for instance and sonata is priced above the Accord and Teana? That's boom to fail la

Hyundai and Kia should maintain their strategy to price it 15-20% lower than the rivals. That way there's a good reason for people to consider and want to buy a Korean.

jacobngen87
post Mar 23 2017, 07:35 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Mar 22 2017, 09:07 PM)
Buy bcoz of logo maaa...
They buy becos of looks la hahaha like me

I prefer my HRV interior over the CX5. The CX5 just looks soooooo dated... Not my cup of tea and the rear seating position is very high

jacobngen87
post Mar 26 2017, 10:58 AM

2 posts

So when is this late 2015 new Elantra gonna be launched?

It's like talk until cows come home still having launched yet... Hyundai what's happening to you??

So few launches these few years!!

Where's the new accent, i20, i30, Creta?

This post has been edited by jacobngen87: Mar 26 2017, 10:59 AM
jacobngen87
post Apr 14 2017, 02:12 PM

2 posts

According Wikipedia, the Mazda 3 skyactive 2.0L already does 0-100km/hr in just 7.8 seconds, which is faster than Civic Turbo and almost 2 seconds faster than the normal Civic.

Civic CVT is pretty slow versus Nissan or Toyota.

I think Sylphy and Altis pickup is faster than the Civic 1.8L

jacobngen87
post Apr 15 2017, 03:55 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Apr 15 2017, 12:35 PM)
How come 99k price can close shop ?
Put 99k price big big advertisement in paper
People will wow n hyundai showroom need to open 24x7
Put 130k ads in paper people wil mehhh better buy honda

I dunno why sime-darby mgmt still kenot see this

99k price can sell 100unit/mth
130k price can sell 10unit/mth

I kenot brain why 99k will close shop

Not cerato, it's k2 turbo 2 door...
130k price until kenot see 1 on the road till today...
So Sime Darby is happy with just 100 units a month?

99k x 100 units = RM9.9 million
80k X 1000 units = RM80 million

Shouldn't they be more happier with 1000 units at a lower price? Customers are happy too. It's a win win situation for both customer and company like what Honda did

No wonder Hyundai will always be a failure here

jacobngen87
post Apr 26 2017, 06:31 PM

2 posts

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles...m_medium=social

I guess Malaysia is not the only country with poor sales...

Honestly I find their new models really disappointing...

jacobngen87
post Apr 27 2017, 02:59 PM

2 posts

Still haven't launch lehhh dunno what's taking Hyundai so long

By the time it's finally launched I think the Civic, M3 and Altis would have sold like 10-30k units each

jacobngen87
post Apr 28 2017, 10:40 AM

2 posts

105k for Turbo?

You think the Ioniq will still sell?

So far my predictions have been quite accurate

2.0L should be RM110,688

1.6T should be RM132,688

jacobngen87
post May 5 2017, 07:47 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(throx @ May 4 2017, 07:40 PM)
When??

This car was launched in 2015. Spore already started selling over a year ago.

Even India gets it in August 2016.

Even the new Honda Civic was launched here in 9 June 2016, almost a year ago already...

Does it need to take very long to launch a new model? Just curious hmmmm.....

jacobngen87
post May 24 2017, 08:30 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(JimmyChan77 @ May 24 2017, 01:46 PM)
To challenge the japanese, have to price lower 10K then the japanese makes, then people will really think about it.

Am the first batch of Elantras, back then, price was 10K different from the Japanese makes.
Later, they add this and that to push the selling price higher...
2.0L : RM109k
1.6T : RM133k

+- 3-5%

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:31 AM