2017 Elantra Sport, Turbo Version

views

andrekua2
post Jan 26 2017, 09:32 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

QUOTE(Ginny88 @ Jan 26 2017, 08:08 AM)
I don't think they cheat on their figures as HP and torque can easily be checked by dyno. It could be that the cars you mentioned have gearing which are tuned for economy so they won't feel powerful. It's like the ioniq on econ mode or sports mode makes a lot of difference but those cars may be permanently in semi-econ mode. For the Elantra Sport which is intended for power the gearing should be arranged for spirited driving. Using DCT is a reflection of that intent. Anyway the real proof is in test driving the actual car.
It's probably measured on crank rather than on wheel. However I do think it's better to buy Kia than Hyundai, because Hyundai more towards comfort.
andrekua2
post Mar 24 2017, 09:32 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

Poor man... dont buy something that will make you lose sleep because it kept depreciating every seconds.

Save your money and take Uber. Better still take KTM or buses.
andrekua2
post Mar 27 2017, 11:15 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

QUOTE(jayraptor @ Mar 27 2017, 10:45 PM)
Yes, that's why poorman buys car that depreciate annually at stable rate 2nd year onwards. Take uber doesn't save much. Busses and ktm have limitation.

You, monocle and wkc are most likely with distributors. I'm putting my ace strategist into principal company to solve korean cars poor sales and poor RV issues. So what's with all the hostilities btw? You guys think if he joined HMC, he will attack Kia? Good strategist would come up with plans to take on the best, not own cousin. If he succed, whatever strategies that he implemented would benefit the other sibling company.
LoL

I really wish your dream came true. Holy, if I'm with the distro, why am I wasting time here... lol... goyang kaki...
andrekua2
post Jun 3 2017, 09:53 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

It won't be long before our beloved Korean strategist show up here.

Anyway, I don't think price is the benchmark. Korean cars are fun to drive but the problem lies with their after sales services. Naza is horrible with KIA and SD is horrible for Hyundai. They do have a top 1 or 2 SC but it could be a long drive for many to reach them. Others are mostly so so with workshop like appearance.

This post has been edited by andrekua2: Jun 3 2017, 09:53 AM
andrekua2
post Jun 8 2017, 11:42 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

QUOTE(kluseng @ Jun 8 2017, 11:22 AM)
I'm impressed with how Korean cars keep improving from model to model. The perception that K cars are technologically inferior to Jap cars is no longer valid. In fact they are moving ahead of Japs with turbo charging. Japs still have no confidence to turbocharge their engines. The Honda Civic turbo is just a whimpy effort. It has just about enough power to beat the NA Mazda 3 but only just. Coupled with CVT is a waste of time. Look at the power of the Elantra Sport and the Kia Optima GT.  Jap car manufacturers have stagnated just like Jap electronics. They are too conservative.
They are still inferior in the powerplant department. Have you ever own a Korean car? Their FC is really bad for city drive. Highway drive and city drive very big difference.

For me, I would buy a Korean car because it is better equipped. One of the reason why I bought Rio instead of Jazz or City. Since their RV would hurt a bit, I bought mine for 71K versus a 80K+ V/E spec Jazz/City. Savings from less loan interest + discount + free service for 3 years (60K) was enough for me to choose it.

The downside of Kcars would be aftersales services. All the SC said my Sonata ac was like that by design. They also cant find the cause of my mice problem which I solved myself after accidentally found the cause of it. My ac compressor was only replaced after I wrote a feedback to Hyundai Korea who instructed SD to arrange a replacement.

Koreans are competitive, but crony is not. If Koreans managed to setup here properly, then I would not mind to recommend them. I was willing to take the risk because of my wife low mileage (7k in 2 years). For the same price, I would buy something else.

This post has been edited by andrekua2: Jun 8 2017, 11:53 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0419sec    0.26    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:08 PM