Riding couple
5,216 posts

Oh rofl
Quazacolt
post Jan 16 2022, 02:11 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(dares @ Jan 16 2022, 11:00 AM)

Just look a the shitstorm lately in Civic FC / FE groups.
I didn't even know how 7" meter cluster (compared to 10") can be an issue but apparently is lol.

Regardless booking placed lol (no it's not replacing my coupe wub.gif )
Quazacolt
post Jan 16 2022, 05:44 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(dares @ Jan 16 2022, 04:22 PM)

Lol! From the thread or fb/insta? It's pages are flying so fast I couldn't keep up :omg:
Quazacolt
post Jan 17 2022, 01:21 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(constant_weight @ Jan 16 2022, 07:06 PM)
I know a few folks personally (old high school friends, but not my close gang) that put digital cluster high up in their wish list (when blow water), as if no full digital screen = poor spec.

I was the conversation killer and get all the hates.

I mah said get Audi or VW, they have the most features rich and put the most use of digital meter cluster. Then as usual the DSG and reliability excuses came up. Then I said then get a Mercedes, the digital meter cluster is most fancy looking, and got most fancy ambient lights as well. Then they attacked me personally Volvo/Hyundai guy arrogant and don't know cars  whistling.gif conversation end.

To me most important is to display important information. Put full digital screen because of the trend and not utilize it to the full potential has no point. Some even laggy or layout not intuitive to use.

Anyway congrats on new car. Thinking on the bright side, I'm really glad Honda price the car higher and have the more elegant look.
That should push more ah beng ricer away to City/Myvi/Bezza. Less chance to see ricer fake wing, fake Type R mufflers on same car model park/stop beside you.

I don't know about you, I admires real wing with functional aerofoil shape, or a nice little spoiler that blend well with the car lines, but totally allergic to fake stuff especially on same car model as me.
I also enjoy functional bodykits that show driver own personality, but totally not ok with up-badge bodykit work like make a non Type R to looks like Type R or non AMG to looks like AMG. Haven't seen a regular Yaris put GR badge yet, we shall see.
ah well i can definitely relate on being conversation killer or "that guy" in groups, both bikes and cars alike LOL
I'd like to think if they are genuine friends they wouldn't mind and if not, if they don't like me / not wanting to be friends, i can't help it and don't have time for them anyways.

i am not so particular on aesthetics so long they are functional and provides sufficient information. maybe some personal preference that they should be bright on day time and dimmable at night, maybe an analog tachometer (which apparently aren't fast enough for crazy revving engines lol) , sport/ track mode display functions that removes everything else besides rpm/gear indicator/speedo maybe water and oil temps.

Just booking only haven't gotten the new car; and it's my wife buying, isn't me since i'm cash strapped/tied down for at least another 4-5 years sweat.gif
thanks regardless! wub.gif
like you said, we're actually glad on the more mature/conti looking/premium more atas update of this new 11th gen Civic. not bothered on the other wannabes with their body kits and what not, more so i actually have an actual sports coupe in the garage and it really doesn't make sense to have a wannabe/fake/ricer car.
might as well have a full fledged family car that serve the purpose better.
the price is a bit of a pity but understandable with Honda sensing became standard across all specs, and our currency non stop going to shit doesn't help either.
oh if it's any saving grace, unlike the 10th gen civic where its harder to identify a Tipu R, the 11th gen Sedan and hatch have a more differentiated look (and of course the new Type R that's still under camo wraps and prototyping), and Malaysia is not offering the hatchback anyways laugh.gif

while i admire functional bodykits (and generally very function over form person), they are very low priority in my list and i have a many other items to work on such as suspension brakes tires, that's also why even my entire exhaust/intake/power or drive train etc are 100% completely stock lol. just look from beside and wow only lo laugh.gif
and... i guess its refreshing having an actual sports car so no need to feel heart unbalanced having "tipu R's" stopping beside you LOL!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0568sec    0.21    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:24 AM