Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

2017 Elantra Sport, Turbo Version

views

Quang1819
post Mar 3 2017, 12:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,603 posts

QUOTE(laurateoh @ Mar 3 2017, 08:41 AM)
I work for Hyundai Glenmarie. My next door neighbor is one of the highest selling Honda showroom. We know their sales has dropped.

Honda and Toyota have been in Malaysia for several decades. Hyundai 1.

We may not have their numbers now, but it's OK.

With time, you'll see more.

Ioniq is superb.
Elantra Sport Turbo AD and Tucson Turbo coming.
Just Google and watch the video reviews.

Just don't knock it if u haven't been in a new Peter Schreyer built unit lately.

You will be surprised. We are not lousy. Tq.
When will the Elantra Turbo available for test drive?

If its good then my family might wanna get one
TSsitescope
post Mar 3 2017, 12:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Mar 3 2017, 10:30 AM)
Malaysia is not a hatchback type of market, and those that really want those only fix their eyes on Myvi because of the price, practicality and robustness, not because it is a hatchback. As our market is small, and being a sedan market, it would not make any financial sense to bring in the models you said. It might even canibalise sales from other models.

i20 is possible, something like the Kia Rio, but still can't beat Myvi for the value for money when newly purchase. Again, this is a hatchback, and new Myvi is on the horizon, not easy competition to beat. There is no doubt that the brand perception still plays a part although i have no issues with the koreans as my family owned one.
Put i20, rio same price with myvi then we all sure know which will make sale higher

* even i know it'll nvr happen in bolehland
demetry
post Mar 3 2017, 01:33 PM

Casual
302 posts

Hyundai sales in US is climbing rapidly. Honda & Toyota is dropping in US. It will affect MY market but how soon? Malaysia mentality surely slower than US.

Main question, is hyundai cars better than honda/toyota compare segment by segment? Give facts
wkc5657
post Mar 3 2017, 03:32 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Mar 3 2017, 11:03 AM)
Bring elantra turbo with rm99k price tauuu
Will kill all C segment in msia
Not possible with MYR this low, during Badawi time RM3+/USD, maybe possible. If can price at RM115k - 125k, it is consider a good deal to consider. I wanted this car so much, but it just won't arrive. My so called "new ride" is at it's 2nd year and the Elantra belum sampai lagi laugh.gif

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Mar 3 2017, 11:30 AM)
finally a make sense answer appear.....  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif not every model bring in is sale able.... even the hottest jazz also not contributing much to honda sales also....
Appreciate the compliments, malaysia's market is just too small. It is hard to be a volume chaser when there are so many established brands together with the foreign brad adverse policies...

QUOTE(sitescope @ Mar 3 2017, 12:40 PM)
Put i20, rio same price with myvi then we all sure know which will make sale higher

* even i know it'll nvr happen in bolehland
Can help some but not totally flip the Myvi, remember that the brand perception of Korean brand among Malaysians are still stuck at old times. Besides, the Rio is considered more premium compared to the Myvi which is built to cost, not much niceties like what the Koreans may offer.

The best way in my opinion is to not fight Myvi, but consider what current Myvi owners may aspire to. My take will the the Kia soul and sell slightly below or similar to Vios/City pricing. Since these previous Myvi owners won't feel strange to a hatchback, together with the current market trend of smaller sized SUV/CUV (similar to HRV or CX3), they will see that the Kia Soul as a viable upgrade alternative with better interior and also more interesting styling without being over polarising. The turbo version can be priced around or slightly lower than HRV pricing to "insult" Honda tongue.gif

This is what i mean : http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/11/t...osting-the-box/

(See, so much more interesting, and very fitting to the name, the car really has soul!! If i'm a Myvi owner, won't regret ditching the Myvi for this awesome soulful car) thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by wkc5657: Mar 3 2017, 03:37 PM
jayraptor
post Mar 5 2017, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ Mar 3 2017, 08:09 AM)
Hmmmm interesting comment
So far I haven't seen an Ioniq on the road

However Civic and Altis are flooding the road

Hyundai sell how many cars on Jan and Feb versus Toyota and Honda? Specially on the ioniq? Will be interesting to see what are the actual sales figure model per model. Maybe you can enlighten us on this?

Has their sales really suffer according to laurateoh?
People are more careful in buying cars nowadays especially with our current economic. Most would go for the safest future proof like Honda and Toyota. Unless korean cars could strengthen its base in gaining owners' trust, otherwise it won't sell in huge numbers.

I went to honda with relative to check on BRV last month, the service centre was packed with people, so was the showroom. Passed by hyundai, the SC has few people while showroom empty. Sad to see that. Hyundai really needs to hire good strategists to get them back on track. The few members I knew who applied were rejected. 1 of them ended joining Japanese brand.

This post has been edited by jayraptor: Mar 5 2017, 09:42 PM
monocle
post Mar 6 2017, 12:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,645 posts

QUOTE(jayraptor @ Mar 5 2017, 09:42 PM)
People are more careful in buying cars nowadays especially with our current economic. Most would go for the safest future proof like Honda and Toyota. Unless korean cars could strengthen its base in gaining owners' trust, otherwise it won't sell in huge numbers.

I went to honda with relative to check on BRV last month, the service centre was packed with people, so was the showroom. Passed by hyundai, the SC has few people while showroom empty. Sad to see that. Hyundai really needs to hire good strategists to get them back on track. The few members I knew who applied were rejected. 1 of them ended joining Japanese brand.
You mean the guy name Sebastian?
jacobngen87
post Mar 6 2017, 07:53 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(jayraptor @ Mar 5 2017, 09:42 PM)

Honda does everything right

They give great design, good package with a good price. Ppl wan the best value for money

When Elantra and Forte was launched back in 2011-2013 they sell for only around RM76k, similarly priced with the city and vios

Ppl can buy a better looking and c segment forte and Elantra. Elantra and forte sales skyrocketed. You see forte and Elantra everywhere

But now you hardly see a new Hyundai and Kia these days except the forte since it's still "competitively" priced but at a higher price point

But Hyundai? None seen.... Their new models are as rare as a Suprima S. If Tucson is priced competitively or slightly below the HRV and their Elantra in the city V / Vento price point, introduce a few more models like the Creta, i20 and new accent and sell below the city and Vios price point, Hyundai can be a formidable alternative to the H and T like you seen in many other countries

Hyundai and Kia have been known to undercut their rivals in other countries but they are not doing it here

TSsitescope
post Mar 6 2017, 08:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ Mar 6 2017, 07:53 AM)
Honda does everything right

They give great design, good package with a good price. Ppl wan the best value for money

When Elantra and Forte was launched back in 2011-2013 they sell for only around RM76k, similarly priced with the city and vios

Ppl can buy a better looking and c segment forte and Elantra. Elantra and forte sales skyrocketed. You see forte and Elantra everywhere

But now you hardly see a new Hyundai and Kia these days except the forte since it's still "competitively" priced but at a higher price point

But Hyundai? None seen.... Their new models are as rare as a Suprima S. If Tucson is priced competitively or slightly below the HRV and their Elantra in the city V / Vento price point, introduce a few more models like the Creta, i20 and new accent and sell below the city and Vios price point, Hyundai can be a formidable alternative to the H and T like you seen in many other countries

Hyundai and Kia have been known to undercut their rivals in other countries but they are not doing it here
Korek n i still dun see why the kenot learn frn that
Still wanna put high price

Learn frm airasia on how to place the price
Better cheap but many people buy rather than exp but no one wanna buy
ifourtos
post Mar 6 2017, 08:13 AM

Regular
1,884 posts

QUOTE(riezzien @ Jan 25 2017, 04:49 PM)
When comes to kimchi cars, my heart says go while my brain says no.
Usually i folo brain.

damn you brain! why u so alpha!
Stupid brain u got
TSsitescope
post Mar 6 2017, 10:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

QUOTE(ifourtos @ Mar 6 2017, 08:13 AM)
Stupid  brain u got
Lolzzz
No wonder people always said love is blind
Coz love folo heart
If love folo brain, lot of people dun frust when clash
laurateoh
post Mar 6 2017, 12:02 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(Quang1819 @ Mar 3 2017, 12:26 PM)
When will the Elantra Turbo available for test drive?

If its good then my family might wanna get one
launching in April
riezzien
post Mar 6 2017, 01:06 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(ifourtos @ Mar 6 2017, 08:13 AM)
Stupid  brain u got
its ok bro u can choose korean marque if it suits your wallet, im happy with my german marque smile.gif

This post has been edited by riezzien: Mar 6 2017, 01:06 PM
TSsitescope
post Mar 6 2017, 01:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

QUOTE(laurateoh @ Mar 6 2017, 12:02 PM)
launching in April
Dun april fool yek
ifourtos
post Mar 6 2017, 01:56 PM

Regular
1,884 posts

QUOTE(riezzien @ Mar 6 2017, 01:06 PM)
its ok bro u can choose korean marque if it suits your wallet, im happy with my german marque smile.gif
Thats why i say u stupid

When one would considering koreans
Means that within his budget range

If u aim at 300k above
Where got korean models??????

Thats y i say u got a xxxpid brain
FlamingFox
post Mar 6 2017, 02:02 PM

o(@_@)o
1,335 posts

1. Many people buy korean cars (as much as Honda/Toyota) -> Consumers get improved resale value
2. Shops stock up on spare parts -> Consumers get better availability and prices
3. Consumers get to drive more equipped cars (at the same price with Japanese cars) without constant worries

Above would happen if Korean cars are proven to be reliable over the years, record average to good fuel consumption, are as powerful as the numbers stated in the brochure, and Malaysian mentality has changed (that is, Malaysians can finally put their trust in Korean cars). For now, people buy them purely for their looks and fancy tech (maybe functionality too).
TSsitescope
post Mar 6 2017, 02:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,225 posts

QUOTE(FlamingFox @ Mar 6 2017, 02:02 PM)
1. Many people buy korean cars (as much as Honda/Toyota) -> Consumers get improved resale value
2. Shops stock up on spare parts -> Consumers get better availability and prices
3. Consumers get to drive more equipped cars (at the same price with Japanese cars) without constant worries

Above would happen if Korean cars are proven to be reliable over the years, record average to good fuel consumption, are as powerful as the numbers stated in the brochure, and Malaysian mentality has changed (that is, Malaysians can finally put their trust in Korean cars). For now, people buy them purely for their looks and fancy tech (maybe functionality too).
No
Now people buy for RV even the looks n tech are there
FlamingFox
post Mar 6 2017, 07:12 PM

o(@_@)o
1,335 posts

QUOTE(sitescope @ Mar 6 2017, 02:03 PM)
No
Now people buy for RV even the looks n tech are there
I mean people buy korean cars for the looks and tech, not for the RV
dman
post Mar 6 2017, 07:22 PM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(FlamingFox @ Mar 6 2017, 07:12 PM)
I mean people buy korean cars for the looks and tech, not for the RV
Ppl who appreciate tech and looks definitely will go for korean car provided it really packs with lotsa tech and gadget.

Previously the Forte is the example of it... it packs with 6 speed gb, reverse cam, 17in rim, Touchscreen HU etc with C segment space with B segment price!

It beat the hell of the honda city (previous gen) in term of value for money. I was once very very tempted to get it before the new gen city were out tongue.gif

riezzien
post Mar 6 2017, 07:23 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(ifourtos @ Mar 6 2017, 01:56 PM)
Thats why i say u stupid

When one would considering koreans
Means that within his budget range

If u aim at 300k above
Where got korean models??????

Thats y i say u got a xxxpid brain
wowowoooo calm ur tits angry kid.
hyundai genesis sold in malaysia for 388k.
but its ok if u dont know. cant expect much from angry kid.
try play angry bird kid, it could calm u down
epo
post Mar 6 2017, 08:08 PM

Enthusiast
892 posts

QUOTE(dman @ Mar 6 2017, 07:22 PM)
Ppl who appreciate tech and looks definitely will go for korean car provided it really packs with lotsa tech and gadget.

Previously the Forte is the example of it... it packs with 6 speed gb, reverse cam, 17in rim, Touchscreen HU etc with C segment space with B segment price!

It beat the hell of the honda city (previous gen) in term of value for money. I was once very very tempted to get it before the new gen city were out tongue.gif
Lucky i didn't buy that city
In 2010 no car close to 2.0 forte spec with rm95k price tag

Wish this elantra will price at rm99k for high spec, not empty one
Otherwise hyundai is digging their own grave

77 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0264sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:10 AM