Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
808 Pages « < 263 264 265 266 267 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Ultimate Discussion of ASNB (47457-V)发 8ight 发, Wholly owned subsidary of PNB (38218-X)

views

Ramjade
post Sep 23 2017, 12:41 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(Hansel @ Sep 23 2017, 11:27 AM)
Yes, bro,... even higher than mortgage loan rate,... so, can put the funds inside here and then take-out a loan,.. net-net still 'untung',....

Bro,... learn some REIT investments,.. the ones in SG if you can,... the years put in to learn is important, start earlier,...

Try to open accts before the doors are all closed !
Not everybody want to venture out. Asal more than FD is more than enough for most people.

QUOTE(Hansel @ Sep 23 2017, 11:32 AM)
My thinking has evolved, bro,.....

1) when starting ... low risk and decent %,...
2) after sometime ... low risk, decent percentage, and HIGHER percentage with reasonable risk,...
3) when more experienced ... even higher % with proper risk mitigation in place,..

I think cannot stay put,... disruptors will come in,... when I was talking with Heng Swee Keat many years ago, he already told us this,...

One must start early to catch the knowledge and the exposure,... I think having money or not is not really that important anymore,.. it's the knowledge and knowing well what to do,.. AND having the platform to do it.

Looks to me like the bloody platforms around the world are closing up !
No money how to invest overseas? Eg. Some platform require USD10k to open. Now tell me how many can cough up RM43k just like that. To some people RM43k is one year salary.

Not everyone is loaded. Normal people have car loan, house loan, student loan, insurance, bills. Leftover how to invest overseas? If invest say USD500, bank TT + brokerage fees already eat up 20%. So how to invest?

This post has been edited by Ramjade: Sep 23 2017, 01:24 PM
TS[Ancient]-XinG-
post Sep 23 2017, 01:57 PM

20k VIP club
5,725 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Sep 23 2017, 12:41 PM)
Not everybody want to venture out. Asal more than FD is more than enough for most people.
No money how to invest overseas? Eg. Some platform require USD10k to open. Now tell me how many can cough up RM43k just like that. To some people RM43k is one year salary.

Not everyone is loaded. Normal people have car loan, house loan, student loan, insurance, bills. Leftover how to invest overseas? If invest say USD500, bank TT + brokerage fees already eat up 20%. So how to invest?
LOL FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY

Ramjade
post Sep 23 2017, 02:04 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(Ancient-XinG- @ Sep 23 2017, 01:57 PM)
LOL FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY
That's what I have been trying to tell him don't know how many threads/posts already but he thinks everyone got rm10m in bank account.
savvyaunty
post Sep 23 2017, 02:15 PM

On my way
617 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Sep 23 2017, 12:41 PM)

Agree 100%!! rclxms.gif
No capital how to invest abroad. So many loans and bills to pay. I rather be contented with stable "low" returns than rake up debts to invest abroad
nexona88
post Sep 23 2017, 04:26 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,806 posts

QUOTE(savvyaunty @ Sep 23 2017, 02:15 PM)
Agree 100%!!  rclxms.gif
No capital how to invest abroad. So many loans and bills to pay. I rather be contented with stable "low" returns than rake up debts to invest abroad
What if your debts % rate is lower than u invest overseas..
I mean foreign investment returns give higher % than your local debts whistling.gif
OPT
post Sep 23 2017, 05:37 PM

Wee wang wang
2,016 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 23 2017, 04:26 PM)
I mean foreign investment returns give higher % than your local debts whistling.gif
Still a high risk because interest rate may change and you're suddenly stuck with higher debt rate locally...as well as lower return overseas should regional economy impacted.

Should not use debt to leverage, betul tak Ramjade hmm.gif

Ramjade means so fast after join worklife your savings UP UP UP and enough for overseas investment? biggrin.gif brows.gif
savvyaunty
post Sep 23 2017, 06:16 PM

On my way
617 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 23 2017, 04:26 PM)
Still quite high risk I feel. Investing overseas has much more variables - forex rates, political situation in other countries etc and anytime debts % rate may go up

Maybe I'm more conservative in taking risk hmm.gif
Ramjade
post Sep 23 2017, 07:13 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(OPT @ Sep 23 2017, 05:37 PM)
Still a high risk because interest rate may change and you're suddenly stuck with higher debt rate locally...as well as lower return overseas should regional economy impacted.

Should not use debt to leverage, betul tak Ramjade  hmm.gif

Ramjade means so fast after join worklife your savings UP UP UP and enough for overseas investment?  biggrin.gif  brows.gif
Malaysia interest rate cannot go up. Too many people have debts.

Depend on how you use debt leverage. Can use for trading or use to gain double amount of dividends. 6% dividend can be 12% - debt interest.

Me? Rather than channel what I have into malaysia anymore, slowly I shift them to SG. Nothing much but enough where returns are decent 3 digit cash per year. sad.gif In SG I pay nothing for their UT. No service charge, no platform fees. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif If buy from FSM MY I lose 1.75% already.

QUOTE(savvyaunty @ Sep 23 2017, 06:16 PM)
Still quite high risk I feel. Investing overseas has much more variables - forex rates, political situation in other countries etc and anytime debts % rate may go up

Maybe I'm more conservative in taking risk  hmm.gif
I am also conservative.

If you have no money, stay in malaysia first. Build up your cash. Start slow.

Once you have sufficient cash, start going out. That time you have a choice to choose continue investing locally or overseas. Eg. You have RM12k cash in hand. You can choose to continue to dump that RM12k into amanah saham, or you can dump into SG reits/UT and earn that same 6% I park in amanah saham first until I see favorable rate, then I convert. That's is what I am doing now. Go slow. Invest say SGD2-3k/each time as I am not loaded. sad.gif If 3x is too high for you, can consider HK. Only 2x our currency.
Reason: RM long term trend will go down (10 years+)
A 6% returns in malaysia is not the same as 6% overseas over the long term.

Hope this help.

This post has been edited by Ramjade: Sep 23 2017, 07:23 PM
savvyaunty
post Sep 23 2017, 07:36 PM

On my way
617 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Sep 23 2017, 07:13 PM)
Malaysia interest rate cannot go up. Too many people have debts.

Depend on how you use debt leverage. Can use for trading or use to gain double amount of dividends. 6% dividend can be 12% - debt interest.

Me? Rather than channel what I have into malaysia anymore, slowly I shift them to SG. Nothing much but enough where returns are decent 3 digit cash per year. sad.gif In SG I pay nothing for their UT. No service charge, no platform fees. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif If buy from FSM MY I lose 1.75% already.
I am also conservative.

If you have no money, stay in malaysia first. Build up your cash. Start slow.

Once you have sufficient cash, start going out. That time you have a choice to choose continue investing locally or overseas. Eg. You have RM12k cash in hand. You can choose to continue to dump that RM12k into amanah saham, or you can dump into SG reits/UT and earn that same 6% I park in amanah saham first until I see favorable rate, then I convert. That's is what I am doing now. Go slow. Invest say SGD2-3k/each time as I am not loaded. sad.gif If 3x is too high for you, can consider HK. Only 2x our currency.

Hope this help.
Still in the process of building warchest for investment and ASx is a good place as temporary "safe box". Relatively higher dividend compared to other saving options like FD. The difficulty of buying units makes me reluctant to sell and luckily cannot sell online. Sometimes hard to accumulate with housing loan, car loan, insurance and rising inflation. Even eating mixed rice these days so expensive. cry.gif

Definitely will venture out once there's sufficient funds. No point losing out on brokerage fees etc
Ramjade
post Sep 23 2017, 07:44 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(savvyaunty @ Sep 23 2017, 07:36 PM)
Still in the process of building warchest for investment and ASx is a good place as temporary "safe box". Relatively higher dividend compared to other saving options like FD. The difficulty of buying units makes me reluctant to sell and luckily cannot sell online. Sometimes hard to accumulate with housing loan, car loan, insurance and rising inflation. Even eating mixed rice these days so expensive.  cry.gif

Definitely will venture out once there's sufficient funds. No point losing out on brokerage fees etc
Once you have the taste of alternative safe stuff (not stocks) which can give you same return, you will never have attachment to amanah saham anymore. Is something you need to taste yourself. The only thing I truly miss is instant liquidity.

I am talking about stuff like
- Affin hwang select bond fund (for malaysia UT)
- Some specific UT in SG which can match affin hwang select bond fund.

theevilman1909
post Sep 23 2017, 08:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,063 posts

QUOTE(saitong09 @ Sep 21 2017, 09:43 PM)
How much ASM you got? can't get any unit today
not much..

around 1k only biggrin.gif
theevilman1909
post Sep 23 2017, 08:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,063 posts

Agreed with the previous post of Ramjade.

No money, or limited. just focus on Amanah Saham first..

financially stable & collect your bullets biggrin.gif
savvyaunty
post Sep 23 2017, 09:14 PM

On my way
617 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Sep 23 2017, 07:44 PM)
Once you have the taste of alternative safe stuff (not stocks) which can give you same return, you will never have attachment to amanah saham anymore. Is something you need to taste yourself. The only thing I truly miss is instant liquidity.

I am talking about stuff like
- Affin hwang select bond fund (for malaysia UT)
- Some specific UT in SG which can match affin hwang select bond fund.
Hoping to be able to collect sufficient amount to apportion some for alternative and maintain some under ASx for liquidity purposes
lowyatjoe
post Sep 23 2017, 10:42 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Sep 23 2017, 07:13 PM)

Hope this help.
ramjade so if i am interested in singapore reit how do i get about doing that? buy through fundsupermart singapore?
Ramjade
post Sep 23 2017, 10:58 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(lowyatjoe @ Sep 23 2017, 10:42 PM)
ramjade so if i am interested in singapore reit how do i get about doing that? buy through fundsupermart singapore?
Surprising yes. FSM SG is only SG broker which allow people to open online and does not require SG bank account.

Keep in mind, somewhere down the road, they may introduce platform fees for their brokerage account (maybe 5 years later)

If you want to by UT, avoid them at all cost.

This post has been edited by Ramjade: Sep 23 2017, 10:59 PM
nexona88
post Sep 23 2017, 11:15 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,806 posts

QUOTE(OPT @ Sep 23 2017, 05:37 PM)

Should not use debt to leverage, betul tak Ramjade  hmm.gif

Ramjade means so fast after join worklife your savings UP UP UP and enough for overseas investment?  biggrin.gif  brows.gif
Hehehehe
U got logic point...
Well some are really going all out for foreign investment... Didn't actually think all the risk properly blush.gif
Vincent9696
post Sep 24 2017, 04:12 PM

Enthusiast
956 posts

As1m dividend 6%???
Ramjade
post Sep 24 2017, 04:15 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 23 2017, 11:15 PM)
Hehehehe
U got logic point...
Well some are really going all out for foreign investment... Didn't actually think all the risk properly blush.gif
See my signature tongue.gif Not I say one. Big taikor said one laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE(Vincent9696 @ Sep 24 2017, 04:12 PM)
As1m dividend 6%???
Source?

This post has been edited by Ramjade: Sep 24 2017, 04:16 PM
yvonne2016
post Sep 24 2017, 08:19 PM

Getting Started
299 posts

QUOTE(Vincent9696 @ Sep 24 2017, 04:12 PM)
As1m dividend 6%???
Hopefully more than 6% ,
anyway, announcement of Div when err ?
Ramjade
post Sep 24 2017, 08:30 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(yvonne2016 @ Sep 24 2017, 08:19 PM)
Hopefully more than 6% ,
anyway, announcement of Div when err ?
Won't one. All amanah saham track each other closely. Add in stingy wahid, don't hope more than 6% sad.gif

808 Pages « < 263 264 265 266 267 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1500sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:27 AM