Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

New proton saga vs perdua bezza, parent want buy new car .

views

netmatrix
post Jan 25 2017, 08:06 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

Perodua Bezza easy to get in. The seats not suck in posture type. So nice for old people. They can just park their but inside and swing themselves in easily. Proton one hard to do that. Once you park you backside inside, you will sink into the middle and you need to raise your legs a little to get in. This are small designs that some may not notice and can't say why. But it makes a difference between car feel and ease of getting in. Seating comfort for Perodua is like you only want to sit there for dinner. Saga seats is something you can seat for a few movies session. Saga seats are more comfy and more support. Bezza seat is more utility than anything.

Bezza
user posted image

Saga
user posted image

So if you parents above 50, Bezza is more easier on the back. In fact all Perodua cars are easy to get into. That is why people like it. I myself like it. Although i don't think i would buy one.

This post has been edited by netmatrix: Jan 25 2017, 08:09 PM
syafiqsm
post Jan 26 2017, 06:16 AM

2 posts

It's hard to recommend if you don't state the budget. Highest trim Bezza is 50K.

If you budget is around 50K

Go for the new PERSONA (STANDARD CVT)

Could be cheaper due to festive season promotion.

Your parents will appreciate Persona's light steering while in city
yunghui
post Jan 26 2017, 06:27 AM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Jan 25 2017, 09:06 PM)
Perodua Bezza easy to get in. The seats not suck in posture type. So nice for old people. They can just park their but inside and swing themselves in easily. Proton one hard to do that. Once you park you backside inside, you will sink into the middle and you need to raise your legs a little to get in. This are small designs that some may not notice and can't say why. But it makes a difference between car feel and ease of getting in. Seating comfort for Perodua is like you only want to sit there for dinner. Saga seats is something you can seat for a few movies session. Saga seats are more comfy and more support. Bezza seat is more utility than anything.

Bezza
user posted image

Saga
user posted image

So if you parents above 50, Bezza is more easier on the back. In fact all Perodua cars are easy to get into. That is why people like it. I myself like it. Although i don't think i would buy one.
Well describe.
imoogi99
post Jan 26 2017, 12:23 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/...unjuk-perangai/

Hmmm.....Protoon or P2? Sounds like protoon.
dares
post Jan 26 2017, 01:11 PM

Enthusiast
827 posts

QUOTE(imoogi99 @ Jan 26 2017, 12:23 PM)
http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/...unjuk-perangai/

Hmmm.....Protoon or P2? Sounds like protoon.
Brake issue? This one?

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

They claim the letter it's not a "recall", more for "research" purposes.

This post has been edited by dares: Jan 26 2017, 01:12 PM
homerthewhopper
post Jan 26 2017, 02:48 PM

always low on budget
1,009 posts

if you dont mind the cvt and fc, the saga is better in refinement
Kendall
post Jan 26 2017, 03:30 PM

Enthusiast
969 posts

If you have extra money to pay for maintenance especially after warranty ended go for proton. They will break down for no reason.
jacobngen87
post Jan 27 2017, 05:29 PM

2 posts

I think the best car Proton has ever produced is the Waja. Thereafter it's all junk.

cnks
post Jan 27 2017, 06:05 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

QUOTE(Kendall @ Jan 26 2017, 04:30 PM)
If you have extra money to pay for maintenance especially after warranty ended go for proton. They will break down for no reason.
I owned a Saga FLX SE 1.6 since 2012, sold it off last year for an upgrade. Never break down for no reason. In fact never failed me. Only those wear and tear items that need to be replaced just like any other cars. I still love it till the day I sold it away.

Maybe you are still stuck in the Wira and Gen.2 era of Protons. This latest generation of Protons had improved so much that Perodua should be ashamed of. The only drawback is the FC, if that is your concern.

Also, like some of the sifus mentioned earlier, if your budget is up to 50k, get a Persona instead. The safety features are so much better than P2. And don't say they drive slowly and carefully. Sometimes it is just one or two of the extra safety items you have that saved your life in an accident.
mensa
post Jan 27 2017, 06:11 PM

Casual
487 posts

for me sage is much more comfortable than bezza..engine response saga better..

This post has been edited by mensa: Jan 27 2017, 06:11 PM
Kendall
post Jan 27 2017, 06:17 PM

Enthusiast
969 posts

QUOTE(cnks @ Jan 27 2017, 06:05 PM)
I owned a Saga FLX SE 1.6 since 2012, sold it off last year for an upgrade. Never break down for no reason. In fact never failed me. Only those wear and tear items that need to be replaced just like any other cars. I still love it till the day I sold it away.

Maybe you are still stuck in the Wira and Gen.2 era of Protons. This latest generation of Protons had improved so much that Perodua should be ashamed of. The only drawback is the FC, if that is your concern.

Also, like some of the sifus mentioned earlier, if your budget is up to 50k, get a Persona instead. The safety features are so much better than P2. And don't say they drive slowly and carefully. Sometimes it is just one or two of the extra safety items you have that saved your life in an accident.
Too bad I spent almost 70k to buy preve and broke down for no reason.
Indeed proton have improve so much but the quality does not last long.
Out of vios Myvi and preve in the house, the preve age the most and it basically disintegrate as you drive when it's only been driven less than 10k km per year by my 60 years old mother. After 3 years, the Myvi and vios still intact rattle free like the first day while preve in and out of workshop for various minor issue and rattle all the way. Nvh for preve also the best when it's new but now it's like old proton Waja while Myvi and vios is still the same.
Modern proton is only to impress in the launch day with no long lasting built quality in mind.
Too bad I was impressed by the spec and price of preve when it launch and fall into their trap. I wouldn't imagine how proton that cost less than half of preve would score in the long run.
Kendall
post Jan 27 2017, 06:18 PM

Enthusiast
969 posts

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ Jan 27 2017, 05:29 PM)
I think the best car Proton has ever produced is the Waja. Thereafter it's all junk.
Out of Waja preve and wira I have owned, my favorite is still the Waja.

FlamingFox
post Jan 28 2017, 01:42 AM

o(@_@)o
1,335 posts

QUOTE(Kendall @ Jan 27 2017, 06:17 PM)
Too bad I spent almost 70k to buy preve and broke down for no reason.
Indeed proton have improve so much but the quality does not last long.
Out of vios Myvi and preve in the house,  the preve age the most and it basically disintegrate as you drive when it's only been driven less than 10k km per year by my 60 years old mother.  After 3 years,  the Myvi and vios still intact rattle free like the first day while preve in and out of workshop for various minor issue and rattle all the way. Nvh for preve also the best when it's new but now it's like old proton Waja while Myvi and vios is still the same. 
Modern proton is only to impress in the launch day with no long lasting built quality in mind.
Too bad I was impressed by the spec and price of preve when it launch and fall into their trap.  I wouldn't imagine how proton that cost less than half of preve would score in the long run.
This post certainly makes me feel better for getting a Myvi over an Iriz. But generally Perodua cars are not fun to drive, gotta live with it I suppose.
Kendall
post Jan 28 2017, 05:47 AM

Enthusiast
969 posts

QUOTE(FlamingFox @ Jan 28 2017, 01:42 AM)
This post certainly makes me feel better for getting a Myvi over an Iriz. But generally Perodua cars are not fun to drive, gotta live with it I suppose.
The worst thing is when I tried to sell and trade in preve for Honda HRV, the dealer quoted RM 26k. The car lost around two third of its value in 4 years.

BTW ts, if you want your parent to spend their retirement in service center, go for proton
TDUEnthusiast
post Jan 28 2017, 10:54 AM

Critical thinking
Group Icon
Elite
10,015 posts

QUOTE(FlamingFox @ Jan 28 2017, 01:42 AM)
Spend some money on sound deadening. Might have to spend a lot to improve a car's handling. Sound deadening should not require any maintenance once done. For an Iriz you probably just need to change to very good tyres and you'll be satisfied with its handling.
FlamingFox
post Jan 28 2017, 12:13 PM

o(@_@)o
1,335 posts

QUOTE(Kendall @ Jan 28 2017, 05:47 AM)
The worst thing is when I tried to sell and trade in preve for Honda HRV,  the dealer quoted RM 26k. The car lost around two third of its value in 4 years.
BTW ts, if you want your parent to spend their retirement in service center, go for proton
My case is much worse, got quoted RM1k for a 7 year old Savvy which is in 8/10 condition lol

QUOTE(TDUEnthusiast @ Jan 28 2017, 10:54 AM)
Spend some money on sound deadening. Might have to spend a lot to improve a car's handling. Sound deadening should not require any maintenance once done. For an Iriz you probably just need to change to very good tyres and you'll be satisfied with its handling.
Not sure if it helps but I installed the GearUp accessories (Door Comfort and Hood Insulator) for Myvi. Also, planning to install basic ultraracing bars.

Iriz is very satisfying indeed but the loud engine, CVT gearbox and the minor stuff like rattling is an issue. Read some users feedback that it felt like an old car within 2 years, not sure how true this is. If only Iriz was built with superb quality.
jacobngen87
post Jan 28 2017, 01:03 PM

2 posts

That's why it's sales are dropping at least 20% year on year even with 4 new models launched.

What Kendall said is absolutely correct. The first few months yes you feel like you're driving a brand new car but after 1-2 years dunno what happen the car just "disintegrated" and you feel like you're driving a very old car. Not sure about the new Persona but i guess coming from the same factory, same machines that build the other models, same vendor, same engine, I bet its the same result. The road noise, loud engine, poor FC, poor refinement makes you a very miserable driver and owner comparing to Japanese or Korean cars which still feels the same when you first purchased after many years. That probably explain why people are not buying Proton cars and 95% of first time Proton owner will never buy a Proton ever again. You can check with Proton to see how many buyers are actually repeated buyers. I can say probably less than 5%. The volume sellers like Saga and persona are probably new buyers? First time car owner and once own, never Proton again.

Perdana: people waited 20 years later to find that it's an older gen Honda Accord. That explains why I still haven't seen one on the road yet.
Suprima S: the worst model ever. Ugly beyond belief and hardly see one on the road like the perdana. Dunno why they make this car in the first place.
Preve: a decent looker with good exterior design. But interior is like 1980s. Engine is the loudest I had sat in, poor NVH but ok handling? But how do you define handling? It's really subjective to the driver. Vios and City have good handling too. The tagline Lotus handling is just over rated and tacky in any sense. People will still choose the City and Vios over Preve.
Exora: decent family carrier but it's very outdated with very poor FC, old engine and reliability a major issue according to my uncle who owns the Turbo version. Had gone to the SC gods know how many times. People buy the cheaper and more reliable and quieter Alza, or spend a bit more on the Grand Livina and now more choices such as the BRV and even the Suzuki / proton Ertiga. Given that, the BRV has crossed over 6000 sales versus the 2000 of Ertiga which was launched months earlier. Proton poor brand name and conservative design perhaps?
Persona: design is subjective. Personally I find it ugly and dunno what proton is trying to bring out on this model. It just looks disproportionate. probably the 2nd best seller in Proton, price is competitive over the popular B segments of the Japanese. But most buyers will still choose the more expensive but much more enjoyment and quality City and Vios or Almera and Rio over this. Even 2nd hand Vios and City are cheaper than the new Persona and are highly sort after in the used market. Buyers are wary and will rather choose a used Jap model over getting a new Persona. That probably explains why the sales doesn't meet Proton expectation and target. Somehow parents and relatives have a strong distaste against Proton cars, probably due to the lost of trust for many years and Proton has not done anything to regain that trust.
Iriz: again like the Persona the design is subjective. There's something awkward looking about this car that makes me say the word "ewww" every time I see one passed by. Again this model didn't meet Proton target by a huge margin.
Saga: probably the ugliest small sedan I had ever seen in my life, like the Honda Amase and Maruti Swift sedan found in India? Proton could have revolutionised with the design in the new Saga since it's Proton most popular car. People are into design nowadays. It could have been Proton life saver but still they didn't bother to make changes.

With no new models for 2017 or even 2018, Proton is in a very risky state where it can continue to slide and lose its market share drastically further.

The current fleet just isn't enticing and stimulating enough for buyers. Personally I find none of the current models exciting and makes me want one.

If Proton can rebadge something like the design of hrv or BRV or the new Swift or Bezza SUV, or do some cosmetic changes to the ertiga like what they had done to the perdana and sell it at a very competitive pricing like what Perodua is doing, then buyers will look at it. This is what buyers want. After 32 years it seems that proton still dunno what malaysians want. good luck to Proton.

This post has been edited by jacobngen87: Jan 28 2017, 01:18 PM
Kendall
post Jan 28 2017, 02:24 PM

Enthusiast
969 posts

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ Jan 28 2017, 01:03 PM)
That's why it's sales are dropping at least 20% year on year even with 4 new models launched.

What Kendall said is absolutely correct. The first few months yes you feel like you're driving a brand new car but after 1-2 years dunno what happen the car just "disintegrated" and you feel like you're driving a very old car. Not sure about the new Persona but i guess coming from the same factory, same machines that build the other models, same vendor, same engine, I bet its the same result. The road noise, loud engine, poor FC, poor refinement makes you a very miserable driver and owner comparing to Japanese or Korean cars which still feels the same when you first purchased after many years. That probably explain why people are not buying Proton cars and 95% of first time Proton owner will never buy a Proton ever again. You can check with Proton to see how many buyers are actually repeated buyers. I can say probably less than 5%. The volume sellers like Saga and persona are probably new buyers? First time car owner and once own, never Proton again.

Perdana: people waited 20 years later to find that it's an older gen Honda Accord. That explains why I still haven't seen one on the road yet.
Suprima S: the worst model ever. Ugly beyond belief and hardly see one on the road like the perdana. Dunno why they make this car in the first place.
Preve: a decent looker with good exterior design. But interior is like 1980s. Engine is the loudest I had sat in, poor NVH but ok handling? But how do you define handling? It's really subjective to the driver. Vios and City have good handling too. The tagline Lotus handling is just over rated and tacky in any sense. People will still choose the City and Vios over Preve.
Exora: decent family carrier but it's very outdated with very poor FC, old engine and reliability a major issue according to my uncle who owns the Turbo version. Had gone to the SC gods know how many times. People buy the cheaper and more reliable and quieter Alza, or spend a bit more on the Grand Livina and now more choices such as the BRV and even the Suzuki / proton Ertiga. Given that, the BRV has crossed over 6000 sales versus the 2000 of Ertiga which was launched months earlier. Proton poor brand name and conservative design perhaps?
Persona: design is subjective. Personally I find it ugly and dunno what proton is trying to bring out on this model. It just looks disproportionate. probably the 2nd best seller in Proton, price is competitive over the popular B segments of the Japanese. But most buyers will still choose the more expensive but much more enjoyment and quality City and Vios or Almera and Rio over this. Even 2nd hand Vios and City are cheaper than the new Persona and are highly sort after in the used market. Buyers are wary and will rather choose a used Jap model over getting a new Persona. That probably explains why the sales doesn't meet Proton expectation and target. Somehow parents and relatives have a strong distaste against Proton cars, probably due to the lost of trust for many years and Proton has not done anything to regain that trust.
Iriz: again like the Persona the design is subjective. There's something awkward looking about this car that makes me say the word "ewww" every time I see one passed by. Again this model didn't meet Proton target by a huge margin.
Saga: probably the ugliest small sedan I had ever seen in my life, like the Honda Amase and Maruti Swift sedan found in India? Proton could have revolutionised with the design in the new Saga since it's Proton most popular car. People are into design nowadays. It could have been Proton life saver but still they didn't bother to make changes.

With no new models for 2017 or even 2018, Proton is in a very risky state where it can continue to slide and lose its market share drastically further.

The current fleet just isn't enticing and stimulating enough for buyers. Personally I find none of the current models exciting and makes me want one.

If Proton can rebadge something like the design of hrv or BRV or the new Swift or Bezza SUV, or do some cosmetic changes to the ertiga like what they had done to the perdana and sell it at a very competitive pricing like what Perodua is doing, then buyers will look at it. This is what buyers want. After 32 years it seems that proton still dunno what malaysians want. good luck to Proton.
I would be thankful if the preve broke down once and for all so that I can change a new car rather than entering the workshop multiple times over minor problems.
This is what makes the preve miserable to live with.

I believe people who have limited budget would prefer to have a reliable car than fancy technology especially those who treat it as workhorse and running around for sales.

People like this don't have time to repair their car or leave their car in the workshop.
Battlefield1942
post Jan 29 2017, 05:56 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

Preve really give issue when other model can last five year without issue. The worse is proton SC do not keep spare parts for preve. Sometime it too a week to order a part to repair it. It can be dangerous when in highway when out of sudden it feel heavy and slow down. Quicky send to SC and it sure going to cost you time and $$$. A 2012 preve trade-in will get you 25K in 2017. Some give you ever lower. Tested the Bezza 1.0 and 1.3, don't know why P2 bother to come up with 1.0 in the first place. Just drive and one will notice the different between 1.0 and 1.3. Yes, Waja is solid and so are the first Saga. I think the choice now for most Malaysian are between Bezza 1.3 and Saga.
y4ng
post Jan 31 2017, 10:01 AM

Kambing Lembu
632 posts

i sold off my satria neo 2009 manual cps for a bezza advance. for me, proton car a bit manja like girl, need to takecare of it in order for you to get some good service in return. mine merajuk so many times (erm 4-5 times tow truck) i kinda cheated on her and went for a younger girl.

moral of the story, dont listen to ppl, just get whatever you want. your money anyway. my aim is to use this bezza 4 years, pass it to someone else, and then go for another manual car =)

11 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0182sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:03 AM