Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[Review] MSI Vortex 980 SLI

views

TSPiaHuang
post Jan 18 2017, 11:33 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
55 posts

I am writing the review of the MSI Vortex as an avid gamer who needs to travel a lot for work. In this post, the specifications of the computer are attached. I used the software called Speccy to capture all the technical information you may want to know, but really, all you need to know is that this computer will play ANYTHING you throw at it. But what else would you need to know?

I constantly need to go places. I am not in a place for longer than a month because of the nature of my job. It is great, but I love gaming and I love having a smooth gaming experience. Thing is, I do not enjoy gaming on a laptop at all. I love my mechanical keyboard and I love 21" monitors. The same mechanical keyboard and the same 21 inch monitor. Sadly, the smallest computer I could build to fit in a suit case, were too big. The MSI Vortex covered all of those issues.

This little computer that has TWO 980 GTX, is small enough to fit on my checked bag along with my monitor a keyboard (the mouse goes on my carry on bag). The tower comes with HDMI ports, USBs, ethernet, audio and mic inputs. Although I personally enjoy connecting to the internet through an ethernet cable, the wireless card in this computer is amazing assuming you can use wired internet. As long as the wireless signal you are providing to the computer is stable, you will not have a problem carrying your team in DotA 2.

This computer specs are a little too powerful for DotA 2. But it is just perfect for those who prefer a mobile supoer powerful desktop who like to try new RPGs that "may" challenge 980 GTX Sli. Games I currently play include The Witcher 3, Dark Souls 3 and Battlefield 1. This computer had no issues whatsoever running any of those games in full graphics. The best thing about this desktop is how mobile it is. If you are interested in having LAN parties or need a powerful computer that demands a lot from your computer, this is the one. I would not be surprised if in a few months, scientist reveal that the MSI Vortex was responsible for the "big bang".
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by PiaHuang: Jan 19 2017, 04:14 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0121sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:26 AM