Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Dell right hinge problem, What should I do?

views

TSafdal endeavour
post Jan 18 2017, 02:29 PM, updated 8y ago

33 posts

Anyone can help me please? This is inspiron dell 5548..how to fix it ? Put it back together ?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
harak_84
post Jan 18 2017, 02:51 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

u have to buy one set bro cant repair..go to imbi and show to them and they will replace with new parts... i think will cost u below 200
TSafdal endeavour
post Jan 18 2017, 02:57 PM

33 posts

[quote=harak_84,Jan 18 2017, 03:51 PM]
u have to buy one set bro cant repair..go to imbi and show to them and they will replace with new parts... i think will cost u below 200

they will replace what? The hinge?
hightechgadgets8
post Jan 18 2017, 03:01 PM

Rất Vui Được làm quen với bạn
5,646 posts

yours looks like the screw mountings are dislodged from the casing. either find a way to glue back the gold mountings or find a used casing
joefbi
post Jan 18 2017, 03:49 PM

joefbi a.k.a roketx
2,558 posts

QUOTE(afdal endeavour @ Jan 18 2017, 02:29 PM)
Anyone can help me please? This is inspiron dell 5548..how to fix it ? Put it back together ?
user posted image

see the picture, the inner base for screw in the hole are broken..so u cant screw it to casing.
just find a long screw (same thread, but longer) so u can use washer from the top of casing surface.

get it?

harak_84
post Jan 20 2017, 10:25 AM

Getting Started
259 posts

[quote=afdal endeavour,Jan 18 2017, 02:57 PM]
[quote=harak_84,Jan 18 2017, 03:51 PM]

they will replace what? The hinge?

[/quote]
yes the hinge require to replace...try get the quote from imbi bro go to the pakistan shop or chinese shop there...they do have the parts.
joefbi
post Jan 20 2017, 06:59 PM

joefbi a.k.a roketx
2,558 posts

QUOTE(harak_84 @ Jan 20 2017, 10:25 AM)
yes the hinge require to replace...try get the quote from imbi bro go to the pakistan shop or chinese shop there...they  do have the parts.
i dont think the hinge cause the problem because the hinges is a metal parts. the problem is the casing to mount the hinges was broken so the hinges is detached.
(from the picture i see the casing is broken, not the hinges, correct me if im wrong)

actually im facing the same problem with my cousin dell laptop...i did the same thing as i suggest above..

netmatrix
post Jan 20 2017, 09:27 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

99% you can't find a replacement bottom bracket that holds the grooved nuts. Replacement is the best. But because there isn't such parts you can buy anywhere, repairing them is more viable.

You need epoxy glue for this. Buy the grey 5 minute bond one. Don't buy the clear for plastic epoxy type or super glue. Those are shit. The one i used is this brand.

user posted image

I took pictures of the before & after repairs. But i dunno where i dumped the pictures in my pc. doh.gif

Now the tricky part. You need to hold the copper grooved screw with the screw on. Then mix a tiny dot of epoxy glue on a paper or card. Then apply rebuild the cracked part with the glue. You have 5 minutes to work. You will notice the glue slowly become more tacky and hard and turn almost like cement hard.

Make sure align the screw hole on the bottom chassis correctly. Else cannot close. Allow dry 24 hours. Then the part will be as strong as original. Repaired an old DELL & Acer with this method. Still cannot find the picture of the repairs for you. At least you get an idea how to get around it. Hope you can fix it yourself. Else hunt for replacement chassis.
TSafdal endeavour
post Jan 21 2017, 12:08 AM

33 posts

QUOTE(joefbi @ Jan 20 2017, 07:59 PM)
i dont think the hinge cause the problem because the hinges is a metal parts. the problem is the casing to mount the hinges was broken so the hinges is detached.
(from the picture i see the casing is broken, not the hinges, correct me if im wrong)

actually im facing the same problem with my cousin dell laptop...i did the same thing as i suggest above..
so true ,i think the hinge is not broken ...but the bottom case is broken....hmmmn
TSafdal endeavour
post Jan 21 2017, 12:17 AM

33 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Jan 20 2017, 10:27 PM)
99% you can't find a replacement bottom bracket that holds the grooved nuts. Replacement is the best. But because there isn't such parts you can buy anywhere, repairing them is more viable.

You need epoxy glue for this. Buy the grey 5 minute bond one. Don't buy the clear for plastic epoxy type or super glue. Those are shit. The one i used is this brand.

user posted image

I took pictures of the before & after repairs. But i dunno where i dumped the pictures in my pc.  doh.gif

Now the tricky part. You need to hold the copper grooved screw with the screw on. Then mix a tiny dot of epoxy glue on a paper or card. Then apply rebuild the cracked part with the glue. You have 5 minutes to work. You will notice the glue slowly become more tacky and hard and turn almost like cement hard.

Make sure align the screw hole on the bottom chassis correctly. Else cannot close. Allow dry 24 hours. Then the part will be as strong as original. Repaired an old DELL & Acer with this method. Still cannot find the picture of the repairs for you. At least you get an idea how to get around it. Hope you can fix it yourself. Else hunt for replacement chassis.
you mean I should put copper grooved screw using epoxy like this pic?If I want to replace it,I should buy this part?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
netmatrix
post Jan 21 2017, 01:09 AM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

QUOTE(afdal endeavour @ Jan 21 2017, 12:17 AM)
you mean I should put copper grooved screw using epoxy like this pic?If I want to replace it,I should buy this part?
If you can buy the part, that would be more preferred. But you have to factor in what is the cots of that item to deem viable for repair.
super_evil_alien
post Jan 21 2017, 02:28 AM

Slumber Mode
5,105 posts

If you have the tools and some repairing skills, you can buy the hinge and replace it yourself. Usually it cost about 60-70 and not that hard to replace.

Most of the shops in Imbi Plaze sells the hinge. Try asking few shops.
joefbi
post Feb 1 2017, 10:08 AM

joefbi a.k.a roketx
2,558 posts

QUOTE(super_evil_alien @ Jan 21 2017, 02:28 AM)
If you have the tools and some repairing skills, you can buy the hinge and replace it yourself. Usually it cost about 60-70 and not that hard to replace.

Most of the shops in Imbi Plaze sells the hinge. Try asking few shops.
it is NOT hinge. but the casing is broken.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0145sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:35 PM