Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

need advice in tablet comparison, Asus Transformer vs Acer Switch

views

TSezryezan
post Jan 15 2017, 10:51 PM, updated 8y ago

19 posts

Asus transformer chi t300 vs acer aspire switch alpha 12 i3 intel

I need to know which tablet would give me a better performance and running with heavy stuff such as running a 5 hour software non stop without overheating or lagging

Please and thank you
abu.shofwan
post Jan 16 2017, 08:27 AM

Regular
1,455 posts

Isn't the chi a bit old now (core-m 5y cpu right)? While switch 12 alpha is like latest option from Acer?
Not sure if these two can run heavy software 5 hrs straight on battery, though.
Eiraku
post Jan 16 2017, 09:13 AM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

I don't think the Switch can even RUN for 5 hours straight at all lol. Maybe in Airplane mode with all connections disabled and at the lowest brightness maybe.

Also to consider is the lowest model Lenovo Miix 510 as its not too far away in terms of pricing + even the i5/8GB model has a 5-6 hour battery life AND because it's got active cooling (actual fans). As a bonus the Lenovo Active Pen (Wacom) it ships with is A THOUSAND TIMES better than the crappy Synaptic stylus the Switch ships with.

SOS: I've done this comparison before and got the Miix in the end.

But even then running "heavy" software constantly might bring the life down to 3-4 hours even for the Miix lol.

BTW, there's a Acer Switch 12 (non-Alpha) that runs Core-M procs too IINM. That one comes with no pen but I think it does have slightly better battery life.

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Jan 16 2017, 09:19 AM
TSezryezan
post Jan 16 2017, 06:01 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ Jan 16 2017, 09:13 AM)
I don't think the Switch can even RUN for 5 hours straight at all lol. Maybe in Airplane mode with all connections disabled and at the lowest brightness maybe.

Also to consider is the lowest model Lenovo Miix 510 as its not too far away in terms of pricing + even the i5/8GB model has a 5-6 hour battery life AND because it's got active cooling (actual fans). As a bonus the Lenovo Active Pen (Wacom) it ships with is A THOUSAND TIMES better than the crappy Synaptic stylus the Switch ships with.

SOS: I've done this comparison before and got the Miix in the end.

But even then running "heavy" software constantly might bring the life down to 3-4 hours even for the Miix lol.

BTW, there's a Acer Switch 12 (non-Alpha) that runs Core-M procs too IINM. That one comes with no pen but I think it does have slightly better battery life.
I will run on power not battery all the way. Im concern bout overgeating problem, will it lag after certain hours of usage or will it shutdown when too hot. Currently looking forward with lenovo miix 510 but maybe gonna choose i3
Eiraku
post Jan 16 2017, 09:23 PM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(ezryezan @ Jan 16 2017, 06:01 PM)
I will run on power not battery all the way. Im concern bout overgeating problem, will it lag after certain hours of usage or will it shutdown when too hot. Currently looking forward with lenovo miix 510 but maybe gonna choose i3
So far my i5 510 keeps decent temps even when stressed and feels like it doesn't really throttle all that much under load, mostly thanks to the active cooling. Unfortunately, that same fan that helps keep things cool runs almost constantly, especially on AC power. I don't really mind the slight whine so it's a non-issue for me though.

But to begin with you might be getting i3 which would probably run cooler to begin with so you might not have the fan running all the time.
TSezryezan
post Jan 16 2017, 11:03 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ Jan 16 2017, 09:23 PM)
So far my i5 510 keeps decent temps even when stressed and feels like it doesn't really throttle all that much under load, mostly thanks to the active cooling. Unfortunately, that same fan that helps keep things cool runs almost constantly, especially on AC power. I don't really mind the slight whine so it's a non-issue for me though.

But to begin with you might be getting i3 which would probably run cooler to begin with so you might not have the fan running all the time.

Thank you so much for the suggestion i think im gonna buy the lenovo miix but another thing is the processor ? I saw some website shows that the m5 is better than the i3 ? do you have any idea bout that ?
Eiraku
post Jan 17 2017, 08:54 AM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(ezryezan @ Jan 16 2017, 11:03 PM)
Thank you so much for the suggestion i think im gonna buy the lenovo miix but another thing is the processor ? I saw some website shows that the m5 is better than the i3 ? do you have any idea bout that ?
The Core-M5, put quite simply, performs somewhere between an i3 and an i5 - but without the need for active cooling (fans). It's capable of "bursts" of near i5 performance but the TDP limitations mean that with extended "full loads" it will actually run WORSE than an i3 due to throttling lol. That said, it's design does allow for better power consumption = battery life and lower heat compared to Core-i processors, and that's its trump card.

If you are in need of real "performance" in any form (and don't care about the battery life), save up and get the i5 minimum. Otherwise the i3 is already plenty good for most tasks.

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Jan 17 2017, 10:29 AM
TSezryezan
post Jan 17 2017, 12:15 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ Jan 17 2017, 08:54 AM)
The Core-M5, put quite simply, performs somewhere between an i3 and an i5 - but without the need for active cooling (fans). It's capable of "bursts" of near i5 performance but the TDP limitations mean that with extended "full loads" it will actually run WORSE than an i3 due to throttling lol. That said, it's design does allow for better power consumption = battery life and lower heat compared to Core-i processors, and that's its trump card.

If you are in need of real "performance" in any form (and don't care about the battery life), save up and get the i5 minimum. Otherwise the i3 is already plenty good for most tasks.
Nicee haha looking forward to buy the lenovo miix 510. Thank you so much for the feedback

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:13 AM