Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What is formal, semi-formal and smart casual?, Advice please!

views

TSHammox
post Jan 15 2017, 04:45 PM, updated 8y ago

24 posts

Hi girls, want to ask because i feel i don't have suitable attire for these categories, like a number of my dresses are not formal enough for business meetings and interviews.
What actually constitutes formal, semi-formal, and smart casual? Any guidelines?

Any recommendations for what clothings/brands should i get for those categories?
Holocene
post Jan 15 2017, 06:41 PM

Independent Financial Advisor
901 posts

https://www.google.com/search?q=suits+donna...XBuBo0Q_AUIBigB

Wahla~~
NightHeart
post Jan 16 2017, 10:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(Hammox @ Jan 15 2017, 04:45 PM)
Hi girls, want to ask because i feel i don't have suitable attire for these categories, like a number of my dresses are not formal enough for business meetings and interviews. 
What actually constitutes formal, semi-formal, and smart casual? Any guidelines?

Any recommendations for what clothings/brands should i get for those categories?
Different workplace, different culture.

Start with the safest bet first, eg single colored knee length dress with simple cuttings. Basically avoid flashy stuffs, including accessories. Avoid trying to be sexy for now until you're familiar with working attires. If still wanna be sexy, try the classic white top + black lacy bra. Most popular boutiques has a small section for working attires. Try G2000, if I recall correctly 80% of their clothing should be safe.

Then slowly observe your senior colleagues & other people around you. It'll give you a rough idea.

Welcome to the office btw rclxms.gif
TSHammox
post Jan 16 2017, 06:29 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Jan 16 2017, 10:22 AM)
Different workplace, different culture.

Start with the safest bet first, eg single colored knee length dress with simple cuttings. Basically avoid flashy stuffs, including accessories. Avoid trying to be sexy for now until you're familiar with working attires. If still wanna be sexy, try the classic white top + black lacy bra. Most popular boutiques has a small section for working attires. Try G2000, if I recall correctly 80% of their clothing should be safe.

Then slowly observe your senior colleagues & other people around you. It'll give you a rough idea.

Welcome to the office btw  rclxms.gif
thanks for the tips! smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0125sec    0.48    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:26 PM