Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Games Splatoon 2 (NS), Why this is not called SplaTWO instead?

views

stringfellow
post Jun 1 2017, 07:37 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Voice/team chat, Nintendo style. SMH.

This is how Nintendo wants you to voice chat on the Switch: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1383633

Official tweet from HORI, which also makes this the most certainly an official Nintendo license product, which implies this as the way Nintendo wants you to voice-chat/teamchat on your Switch.
https://twitter.com/HORI__OFFICIAL/status/870203353707429888

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

WTF Nintendo!!? I know the game is about squids, but dont turn the players into squids themselves with these wire spaghettis!!!

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Jun 1 2017, 07:42 PM
stringfellow
post Jul 22 2017, 08:06 AM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Because the Japanese version has no English on it. tongue.gif Nintendo caught on with the "cheaper Japanese version" loophole and closed it.
stringfellow
post Jul 23 2017, 09:02 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Double post.

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Jul 23 2017, 09:06 PM
stringfellow
post Jul 23 2017, 09:05 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

For a game that wasn't on my radar, it's been taking a hefty chunk of my free time right now.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Ranked is brutal with rando. I can't imagine playing League without a dedicated team. Salmon Run is tricky as you get to the later stages as well, and demotes you if the team failed to work...as a team. Had a misty/foggySalmon Run stage once and was attacked by three bosses at the same time and they spawn multiple smaller salmon nasties, the whole team got wiped in the first wave. tongue.gif Times like these you need voice chats, the "This Way" and other text messages isn't enough to formulate effective strategies in this mode. But, ..... we all know what the state of "voice chatting" in this game.

Speaking of which, Turf War used to be tough as nails, losing matches after matches after only equipped with shitty weapons and poor powerups. Only once I started exploring single player mode and got a few XP and money boosters (tickets to spend at that calamari stall tongue.gif ) that the game picked up for me: hence that nice win/lose ratio. Also found my weapon of choose: Aerospray MG. Some of these higher level folks playing Turf War forgets that to win at Turf War, you need to win at splat coverage, NOT number of kills. They're playing it like COD, rushing instantly to the middle of the stage instead of covering more grounds with ink.

Also unlocked all Splatoon items and parts via Amiibo. At the current level I am, the purchasable items are better at boosting stats than these freebies from Amiibo unlocks.

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Jul 24 2017, 03:17 PM
stringfellow
post Jul 24 2017, 03:32 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

QUOTE(uhavenot @ Jul 24 2017, 11:15 AM)
Gotta love those Aerospray MG.. Higher win rate ever since I use that weapon  bruce.gif
QFT.

Was using rollers earlier but the very fact that they're slow and jumping splat coverage is pretty narrow, standing splat very sporadic, and splat rate being mediocre as well, only manages around 50% win rate with them. Might try the Splattershots (and its variations) after this, but am too comfortable with the Aerospray MG to change. Plus, it's an instant ink coverage when you pair it with the "faster special gauge rate" powerup and "curling bomb launcher" powerup sprayed in 360 degrees while you stand in the middle with the Aerospray with its higher splat rate, feels godly mang! More often than not, these sub-weapons are the deciding factor on which team covers the most ground in the end, NOT the primary weapon. And since Turf War is all about coverage (not kills), I'm comfortable with the Aerospray+Curling combo currently using now. Coz there's no point racking up kills if the team loses in coverage % in the end: the points gathered in the end are dependant on the winning team only, even the worst Inkling with the least points gets more XP than the best Inkling on the losing team. I've covered nearly 60% of the XP requirement in a single Turf War match with a single win, being the best Inkling with the most coverage splat point (i kill less than the guy in second place too, who kills more than I do!), and with the x1.5 modifier ticket consumed earlier, instant level rank up, baby! brows.gif
stringfellow
post Jul 25 2017, 04:31 AM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

There is a glitch to get infinite XP tickets.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Culled from Reddit. Have not tried myself, was gunning to complete 100% on single player mode, currently stands at 97%.
stringfellow
post Jul 25 2017, 04:45 AM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

user posted image

I remember now: It was a combination of x1.5 XP ticket modifier, topping splat points with team win in Turf War, PLUS having "Superfresh" Freshness level (next to the weapon of choice) with 15 (or more) consecutive wins that grabbed around 12,000 points, pretty much nearly cover the 14,800 points required to level up from Level 12 to Level 13.
stringfellow
post Jul 25 2017, 02:22 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

QUOTE(uhavenot @ Jul 25 2017, 12:19 PM)
Damn right. I always got the top points for splatting the most (even losing team).  Usually I'll just backdoor the enemy team and spam with my curling bomb when there is 30 seconds left on the timer. Most of them we're busy killing like playing CoD xD.

Actually I'd prefer the rollers because its fun bulldozing down everyone but at times will lose out to those ranged weapons and as you said winning rate is like 50%, so meh..

Btw, does anyone have full info on which abilities stacked? I have like 4 same abilities but it wasn't stated on the guides I've checked online.
Bulldozing with roller is fun only if you have Ink Armor ability on, and faster movement ability as well to dodge once the ink storage dries up. The rollers are slow for the amount of damage they do. Splash attack has a very spurious pattern, not concentrated, and jump+splash has a narrow area of attack.

With the curling bomb launchers, I can control how close or how far I want the bombs to go, just by holding R. I can either have far reaching bombs or many bombs at once by rapidly tapping R. Inkblot Art Academy has this high tower in the mid area that is PERFECT for 360 degrees curling bomb launches and more often than not, towards the last 30 seconds of the match, a good team will understand the significance of these areas and defend them so that the person with the most widespread sub-weapon can convert the area ink coverage to their side. The closest match I had was a difference of 0.3% ink coverage, with our team winning at 40.7%.....and that's all thanks to the team effort of defending the team player who has their sub-weapon ready to convert the widest area available. People who are playing this like COD isn't helping the team, they're just helping themselves. But ultimately he's not helping themselves when his team loses because of their shenanigans and get low XP rewards instead.

I need to use "spawn to beacon" more often in the game, but then again, I feel that I waste more time picking spawn points with "X" button than just spawning at the beginning and swimming, it feels faster to me that way. Plus, I get to do housekeeping by splatting areas not fully covered, most often because my other teammates are so eager to spill blood (or ink) instead of covering the areas with their inks (which is what the objective of Turf War anyway).
stringfellow
post Jul 25 2017, 07:53 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

QUOTE(uhavenot @ Jul 25 2017, 07:16 PM)
It's kinda hard to aim with sticks when you do a jump+splash with roller unless if you are using motion controls. I still prefer the old skool analog stick.

Oh? I didn't know you could control the bomb by holding R.

Spawn to beacon is good because many times i tried spawning to my teammates I failed hard ( Enemy double splat me and my mate LMAO ). Imo, certain maps doesn't require super jump, I'd rather swim back and keep our base checked in case enemy backdoor.
Holding R just extends the curling bomb. Rapidly tapping R releases more bombs. So its either a tight concentration of splats or an extended leg of a splat, with the curling bomb painting the straight line.

I'm the same when it comes to spawning: original spawn point is my choice. That way, I do cleanup of areas not covered with ink, and if enemies are hording around the spawn point, just stay inside the invincible circle and splat them back. They cant penetrate the original spawn point.
stringfellow
post Jul 25 2017, 08:09 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Must be a glitch, unless there's a 3% of area that I don't know of.

All stages in Octo Canyon completed.

Even the Sunken Scrolls are complete, right up to the very last page as denoted by the page bubbles on top.

Where's the last 3%, Nintendo? Is your Splatoon 2 app glitching?

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Jul 25 2017, 08:10 PM
stringfellow
post Jul 26 2017, 09:03 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Stuck with two noobs at Level 1 and a Level 8 charger who disconnected as the battle starts in Turf War. The very definition of "carrying the team". Two headless chickens and a no-show. Just kill me already.

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Jul 26 2017, 09:09 PM
stringfellow
post Jul 27 2017, 01:42 AM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

user posted image

That's all for tonight, folks! It's a long trek to number 20, even with XP tickets.

What's more important, to me at least, is keeping the Aerospray MG rating "Fresh". It's harder to keep the winning streak, coz matchmaking on this game sucks: at higher levels, the game's more likely to pair high level players with crappy low level Inklings than anyone who's decent enough. The match ended up being lopsided, and as mentioned earlier, I ended up "carrying" the team. The low-level noobs didn't play as intended: they go trigger happy with Splat Charger and camping on top of towers, contributing kills for themselves, but means nothing when the objective is to cover the most ground in Turf War. I'd rather have newbies at Level 1 with their Blasters than a Level 3 with Splat Charger who does nothing but camp and snipe. At least the Level 1 guy had to move around to do his kill, and in turn, contribute towards the ink coverage %.

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Jul 27 2017, 02:03 AM
stringfellow
post Jul 27 2017, 02:01 AM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

QUOTE(bidfordun @ Jul 27 2017, 01:44 AM)
U aim using motion control or analog nub hehe.
I dont do waggle. OF any kind. Unless it's in VR on my Vive or Oculus. And that's not waggling, that's more like sword-fighting, archery, gun-kata, shield-wielding, or boob-feeling while in "game". tongue.gif

user posted image

Here's what I meant by "carrying the team". The sniper in my team does nothing: kills only one enemy with his/her SplatCharger, and his/her splat coverage is the worst among all eight players. Even the purple team's DominusNox at Level 1, did 1 kill and had better Splat Coverage with his basic Blaster. Dominus splat coverage points is 352p (minus his +1000p bonus for being on the winning team. No extra points if you're the losing team.). He's more useful to his team, than my sniper, who is at a higher level than he is.

Time and time again, the game shows that it's not about the kills, it's about the inking. I'd only consider a sniper/Charger-wielding player pulling his weight if he takes care of our backs while we cover the ground with ink. Covering our backs. That's team-playing. No point these snipers going on a kill spree alone, racking up kill after kill, but leave his teammates open to opposing team's attacks and maneuvers. Or in this case, camping like in COD in a game where ink coverage is the objective. shakehead.gif

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Jul 27 2017, 02:07 AM
stringfellow
post Jul 27 2017, 12:06 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

New update up for Splatoon 2.

I'm not updating as of yet. Gotta farm those XP tickets and battle cash tickets before they plug that loophole on the new update. wink.gif
stringfellow
post Jul 27 2017, 05:03 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Hence why most of the time I rather play alone. I'm a control freak. I can control myself, but what others do, it's out of my hands. This problem can be alleviated partly by correct matchmaking: levels between players close enough (plus minus 3 level difference). That way, those at higher level can be paired up with people with proper intention of playing the modes, instead of " I just wanna have fun".

I guess the game subconsciously separates/matchmake higher level players using the other unlockable modes (Ranked Mode opens up at Level 10, and Leavue opens up after you get B- in Ranked), but what if I'm. Or interested in SplatZone, Tower Mode or Rainmaker? I just wanna play Turf War, and I want the others to play as per the objective of the mode itself.

Inb4 "String, you're playing like this guy".

user posted image

Not in the slightest bit. I just want that even if we lose as team, everyone has given their best. Not fooling around.
stringfellow
post Jul 27 2017, 06:18 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Looks like they plugged the infinite XP and infinite cash tickets loophole close with update 1.1.2.

Luckily enough, farmed them plenty enough to last for quite a while. wink.gif

user posted image
stringfellow
post Jul 29 2017, 05:54 AM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

QUOTE(Superman7 @ Jul 27 2017, 11:30 PM)
it seems like the patch does not fix the problem biggrin.gif
Weird. Mine just stopped showing more tickets even after I used XP ticket and went for another run in World 2-6.

Heh, the naming scheme reminds me of Super Mario games. World 6-2. tongue.gif In hindsight, Splatoon's hub/world/stage arrangement may be an indicator of how Super Mario Odyssey be designed around, stage-wise.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.57    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:20 PM