Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

77 Pages « < 73 74 75 76 77 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> MacBook Pro Retina with touch bar User Thread V3, All you can feedback here as well

views

iStand_store
post Jan 21 2019, 04:26 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(tutuyao @ Dec 19 2018, 03:17 PM)
I just have my MBP 15 2016 replaced with new keyboard. They swap the whole top case with battery.

And I notice that they replaced it with 2017's version keyboard too. but i don't think it has the latest 2018 keyboard that comes with the membrane to block out the dusts.

whole process took me 5 working days.

port wise, i cant tell the difference because i pakai all the ports to charge depending on the position because i always carry it out.

but did you notice some difference in color. as in the space grey of the top case looks a bit darker than the rest of the body? like the top lid and the bottom cover?

apple center staff told me because the case is new, belum oxidize lagi  laugh.gif
did they factory reset your macbook too? i thought they would just log in as guest user to run diagnostic

tutuyao
post Jan 21 2019, 04:35 PM

noob
824 posts

QUOTE(iStand_store @ Jan 21 2019, 04:26 PM)
did they factory reset your macbook too? i thought they would just log in as guest user to run diagnostic
For my case, I had some problem with the bootcamp installation too due to hard disk format issue so they do it together. Others I'm not sure
iStand_store
post Jan 21 2019, 04:40 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(tutuyao @ Jan 21 2019, 04:35 PM)
For my case, I had some problem with the bootcamp installation too due to hard disk format issue so they do it together. Others I'm not sure
oh ok, going to do a latest backup before sending over for replacement.
tutuyao
post Jan 21 2019, 04:57 PM

noob
824 posts

QUOTE(iStand_store @ Jan 21 2019, 04:40 PM)
oh ok, going to do a latest backup before sending over for replacement.
Better do it. My concern is what happen after 4 years from my date of purchase and the keyboard start to give me problem again.. hmm.gif

And online says even the 3rd gen butterfly still suffer from the same issue... doh.gif
iStand_store
post Jan 21 2019, 09:29 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(tutuyao @ Jan 21 2019, 04:57 PM)
Better do it. My concern is what happen after 4 years from my date of purchase and the keyboard start to give me problem again.. hmm.gif

And online says even the 3rd gen butterfly still suffer from the same issue... doh.gif
could be just minority, even if it happens nothing to be worried about as the root cause is that dust/debris getting inside keyboard too easily, simply clean or blow a bit will do ( a simple quick fix for stuck keys issue i am doing it to my current 2016 mbp too it works but just doh.gif )

btw how worse was your case? mine just getting stuck key and sticky when machine gets warm, a bit worry they will just replace certain keys instead of whole keyboard.
tutuyao
post Jan 21 2019, 10:23 PM

noob
824 posts

QUOTE(iStand_store @ Jan 21 2019, 09:29 PM)
could be just minority, even if it happens nothing to be worried about as the root cause is that dust/debris getting inside keyboard too easily, simply clean or blow a bit will do ( a simple quick fix for stuck keys issue i am doing it to my current 2016 mbp too it works but just doh.gif )

btw how worse was your case? mine just getting stuck key and sticky when machine gets warm, a bit worry they will just replace certain keys instead of whole keyboard.
i got multiple keys happen to have double or triple entry, and clicking noise when the laptop gets hot, especially when the gpu starts running (the radeon gpu)

there are some "stubborn" dust that just cant get it out easily no matter what i do. i even open up the butterfly key caps and the whole butterfly mechanism, vacuum and shoot pressurized air, it just doesn't work because the dust got stuck inside the key, a silver metal thingy that i could not remove..
zeus1358
post Jan 21 2019, 10:33 PM

2 posts

https://nissanclub.com.vn/
iStand_store
post Jan 22 2019, 11:06 AM

46 posts

QUOTE(tutuyao @ Jan 21 2019, 10:23 PM)
i got multiple keys happen to have double or triple entry, and clicking noise when the laptop gets hot, especially when the gpu starts running (the radeon gpu)

there are some "stubborn" dust that just cant get it out easily no matter what i do. i even open up the butterfly key caps and the whole butterfly mechanism, vacuum and shoot pressurized air, it just doesn't work because the dust got stuck inside the key, a silver metal thingy that i could not remove..
thats pretty bad, for stubborn dust or debris that stuck inside the part need to use something to pick it out, kinda troublesome for having to do it once in a while

did the staff diagnose on the spot and let know if they are going to replace keys or whole keyboard straight away after that?
tutuyao
post Jan 22 2019, 11:31 AM

noob
824 posts

QUOTE(iStand_store @ Jan 22 2019, 11:06 AM)
thats pretty bad, for stubborn dust or debris that stuck inside the part need to use something to pick it out, kinda troublesome for having to do it once in a while

did the staff diagnose on the spot and let know if they are going to replace keys or whole keyboard straight away after that?
they did it on the spot. i show them the issue and they acknowledged it and agreed to swap the entire keyboard. but they have to order the parts from SG, takes a few days.

there are certain parts that can't be opened unless u destroy it. so I got no choice but to send it to AASP to get it replaced..

i even spoiled one of the butterfly mechanism because it is too fragile. so I ordered an OEM replacement from taobao and replace it myself before sending it over to AASP.. sweat.gif
splinter
post Mar 27 2019, 11:27 AM

New Kid In Town
1,935 posts

Hi, I'm from PJ. If im going to replace my MacBook Pro retina screen due to the screen coding fade off which Apple centre to go?

Apple Machine mid valley good? How long it take?
blacktubi
post Mar 31 2019, 02:34 AM

-
Group Icon
Elite
5,793 posts

QUOTE(tutuyao @ Jan 22 2019, 11:31 AM)
they did it on the spot. i show them the issue and they acknowledged it and agreed to swap the entire keyboard. but they have to order the parts from SG, takes a few days.

there are certain parts that can't be opened unless u destroy it. so I got no choice but to send it to AASP to get it replaced..

i even spoiled one of the butterfly mechanism because it is too fragile. so I ordered an OEM replacement from taobao and replace it myself before sending it over to AASP.. sweat.gif
May I know which AASP you went? 5 days turnaround time is quick!

QUOTE(splinter @ Mar 27 2019, 11:27 AM)
Hi, I'm from PJ. If im going to replace my MacBook Pro retina screen due to the screen coding fade off which Apple centre to go?

Apple Machine mid valley good? How long it take?
Manage to get this fixed at Thunder at Avenue K.
tutuyao
post Mar 31 2019, 10:11 AM

noob
824 posts

QUOTE(blacktubi @ Mar 31 2019, 02:34 AM)
May I know which AASP you went? 5 days turnaround time is quick!
Mine is in Ipoh yeah.. I went straight to ITWorld's service office. It is not in KL. Not sure if it helps sweat.gif
subrok007
post Mar 31 2019, 08:20 PM

Squirtle
1,612 posts

hi MBP folks.... need some your guys advise which 1 to choose. MBP w/ touch or w/o touch bar...

actually what is huge impact for normal user... ?
MooTikPin
post Apr 1 2019, 01:10 PM

On my way
573 posts

QUOTE(subrok007 @ Mar 31 2019, 08:20 PM)
hi MBP folks.... need some your guys advise which 1 to choose. MBP w/ touch or w/o touch bar...

actually what is huge impact for normal user... ?
Touch Bar for me not much difference but the issue is most high spec memang comes with Touch Bar right?
Christopher7
post Apr 7 2019, 10:31 PM

Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish
1,022 posts

I am thinking of getting a monitor to do dual screen for my mbp.
Any tutorial or recommendation for the monitor requirement?
I've seen people getting another power supply but as for my case only need 1 monitor i think i can just plug and use?
blue16
post Apr 8 2019, 10:55 PM

Metal Box-Blue16
611 posts

how many people having flexgate or KB issue?
Xitox
post Apr 21 2019, 10:06 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

Hello guys, anyone know where to buy refurbished mbp? or is there new unit for mbp 2015?
shockk
post Apr 23 2019, 02:33 PM

[ T A R G E T - L 0 C K E D ]
Group Icon
Staff
11,341 posts

QUOTE(blue16 @ Apr 8 2019, 10:55 PM)
how many people having flexgate or KB issue?
So far in this thread, nobody complained about flex gate yet, IIANM. For keyboard issue, I think only 1 forumer complained.

Therefore, the issue isn't as widespread as what the media is touting.

Also, from the iFixit breakdown, it seems that Apple has improved the display ribbon cable by making it longer or something. This would solve the flex gate (I hope).
ganick5461
post Apr 24 2019, 08:17 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

i'm thinking to upgrade to the new macbook, anyone can advise how much is the secondhand selling value of a Macbook Pro 13" early 2015 i7, 8GB, 512GB, with fresh original battery?
destfull
post May 3 2019, 10:15 AM

Brain for Creativity
1,016 posts

QUOTE(shockk @ Apr 23 2019, 02:33 PM)
So far in this thread, nobody complained about flex gate yet, IIANM. For keyboard issue, I think only 1 forumer complained.

Therefore, the issue isn't as widespread as what the media is touting.

Also, from the iFixit breakdown, it seems that Apple has improved the display ribbon cable by making it longer or something. This would solve the flex gate (I hope).
Yess, people keep on mentioning about the keyboard issues. I haven't saw any in an environment with full of macs (software house).

77 Pages « < 73 74 75 76 77 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0500sec    0.90    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd November 2019 - 06:55 AM