Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

77 Pages « < 70 71 72 73 74 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

MacBook Pro Retina with touch bar User Thread V3, All you can feedback here as well

views

Ch3n_low
post Aug 10 2018, 05:48 PM

vires in numeris
2,228 posts

Found this on MUDAH is this trustworthy? Seller said its overseas set

https://m.mudah.my/view?ad_id=68058776
destfull
post Aug 13 2018, 09:01 AM

Brain for Creativity
1,063 posts

QUOTE(Ch3n_low @ Aug 10 2018, 05:48 PM)
Found this on MUDAH is this trustworthy? Seller said its overseas set

https://m.mudah.my/view?ad_id=68058776
Attached Image

bought here yesterday : https://www.mudah.my/MacBook+Pro+2018+A1990...io-67957875.htm
CAL V
post Sep 9 2018, 07:37 PM

Getting Started
242 posts

MBP 13 tb (late 2016) user here.
Just noticed this doh.gif
Attached Image

It's the rubber lid around the screen, this is at the top near the camera. No idea how it happened, and where. Btw, my "." button also not working properly, need to press hard to register, seriously no replacement program in Malaysia?
westlife
post Sep 9 2018, 08:03 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,302 posts

QUOTE(CAL V @ Sep 9 2018, 07:37 PM)
MBP 13 tb (late 2016) user here.
Just noticed this  doh.gif
Attached Image

It's the rubber lid around the screen, this is at the top near the camera. No idea how it happened, and where. Btw, my "." button also not working properly, need to press hard to register, seriously no replacement program in Malaysia?
the picture quality is damn poor to see anything. shakehead.gif
CAL V
post Sep 9 2018, 08:54 PM

Getting Started
242 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Sep 9 2018, 08:03 PM)
the picture quality is damn poor to see anything.  shakehead.gif
Attached Image
westlife
post Sep 9 2018, 08:58 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,302 posts

QUOTE(CAL V @ Sep 9 2018, 08:54 PM)
Attached Image
look like a crack/dent. must be due to knock etc.
CAL V
post Sep 9 2018, 09:06 PM

Getting Started
242 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Sep 9 2018, 08:58 PM)
look like a crack/dent. must be due to knock etc.
Yeah, it definitely cracked. But I have no idea how, I treat my Macbook quite carefully and nothing goes near the screen. Definitely not going to send it for AASP just to replace that one gasket, god knows how much it cost. sweat.gif

Btw, just talked to Apple support through chat. My Macbook is going in for keyboard repair or replacement soon under their official keyboard replacement program, I thought Malaysia not included coz no news to follow up the issue, but we are. Foc provided no liquid damage.
westlife
post Sep 9 2018, 09:14 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,302 posts

QUOTE(CAL V @ Sep 9 2018, 09:06 PM)
Yeah, it definitely cracked. But I have no idea how, I treat my Macbook quite carefully and nothing goes near the screen. Definitely not going to send it for AASP just to replace that one gasket, god knows how much it cost.  sweat.gif

Btw, just talked to Apple support through chat. My Macbook is going in for keyboard repair or replacement soon under their official keyboard replacement program, I thought Malaysia not included coz no news to follow up the issue, but we are. Foc provided no liquid damage.
yes, crack. this is ther reason why i insist to use a case for my macbook pro TB 2017.

apple replacment program is universal one.
CAL V
post Sep 9 2018, 09:40 PM

Getting Started
242 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Sep 9 2018, 09:14 PM)
yes, crack. this is ther reason why i insist to use a case for my macbook pro TB 2017.

apple replacment program is universal one.
By case you mean hard case? Like hard shell case? Many reviews of those case sqeaking or just not a very good fitment.
I'm already using an Incase "pouch" and it's not going into my backpack naked. However, I still noticed something weird, not sure it's my unit specifically or just normal, this rubber gasket will leave a black mark on the palm rest (near the edge where the rubber gasket meets the palm rest). And on the right hand side, it actually scratched the palm rest (those tiny dots, it's not stain, actual "microscopic" holes).
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I don't bring it out much to use at the university, except for assignments. 5 days of a week it will stay on the desk in my room and I'll bring it back home on weekends. When I bring it out, it'll be in the pouch, slot into a normal padded backpack and normal load in the backpack (at most an inch thick of A4 notes). And it will develop that mark when I open it afterwards, looks like some sort of rubbing and material transfer. Maybe "lemon" rubber? laugh.gif

I've never seen anything like this from other Macbooks, be it the 12" Macbook or last gen MBP 13" retina MBP. In fact, my sister's 13" retina MBP gets travelled around in a much heavier backpack than mine daily and also tossed around lightly occasionally and never developed anything like this, still rock solid. Makes me kinda disappointed with this MBP that I have, yes it is well built and very tight tolerance all around, but it feels very fragile.

This turned into a rant, but also exactly what I felt after owning it since the pre-order of this generation first available here in late 2016. sad.gif

westlife
post Sep 9 2018, 09:58 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,302 posts

QUOTE(CAL V @ Sep 9 2018, 09:40 PM)
By case you mean hard case? Like hard shell case? Many reviews of those case sqeaking or just not a very good fitment.
I'm already using an Incase "pouch" and it's not going into my backpack naked. However, I still noticed something weird, not sure it's my unit specifically or just normal, this rubber gasket will leave a black mark on the palm rest (near the edge where the rubber gasket meets the palm rest). And on the right hand side, it actually scratched the palm rest (those tiny dots, it's not stain, actual "microscopic" holes).

I don't bring it out much to use at the university, except for assignments. 5 days of a week it will stay on the desk in my room and I'll bring it back home on weekends. When I bring it out, it'll be in the pouch, slot into a normal padded backpack and normal load in the backpack (at most an inch thick of A4 notes). And it will develop that mark when I open it afterwards, looks like some sort of rubbing and material transfer. Maybe "lemon" rubber?  laugh.gif

I've never seen anything like this from other Macbooks, be it the 12" Macbook or last gen MBP 13" retina MBP. In fact, my sister's 13" retina MBP gets travelled around in a much heavier backpack than mine daily and also tossed around lightly occasionally and never developed anything like this, still rock solid. Makes me kinda disappointed with this MBP that I have, yes it is well built and very tight tolerance all around, but it feels very fragile.

This turned into a rant, but also exactly what I felt after owning it since the pre-order of this generation first available here in late 2016.  sad.gif
I think it depends on what brand of case you use. yes, i am referring to hard case. i am using moshi one. it is quite expensive but it is really good. it is hard case, but the material won't scratch the macbook. my 2017 MBP TB has been 1 year plus now. still in pristine condition. i did carry it around to work for close to half year previously. put inside my bag directly without anymore softcase, so far so good. it covers the whole body but it is not fully 100%, it is probably about 99%, it means there is 1% not cover and it only covers the surronding of the macbook pro, so when i close the lit of the laptop, the case won't touch the palm rest area at all.

CAL V
post Sep 9 2018, 10:13 PM

Getting Started
242 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Sep 9 2018, 09:58 PM)
I think it depends on what brand of case you use. yes, i am referring to hard case. i am using moshi one. it is quite expensive but it is really good. it is hard case, but the material won't scratch the macbook. my 2017 MBP TB has been 1 year plus now. still in pristine condition. i did carry it around to work for close to half year previously. put inside my bag directly without anymore softcase, so far so good. it covers the whole body but it is not fully 100%, it is probably about 99%, it means there is 1% not cover and it only covers the surronding of the macbook pro, so when i close the lit of the laptop, the case won't touch the palm rest area at all.
Not sure if you truly understand what I've been referring all this while, it's the rubber lining around the screen bezel, that prevents the screen from touching the keyboard and preventing dust from getting in. Go feel it around your MBP screen. (touch it gently biggrin.gif )

I saw some photos of the Moshi case, it will not surpass the rubber gasket in terms of coverage, can even see from the photos on their website. Or else it will prohibit the lid from closing properly. What happened to me was one part of the gasket broke/chipped off, and the said case will not be able to prevent that, and the said case will also not prevent the rubber from leaving a black mark on the palm rest.

No offence on using a case, it still protects a lot of the external impact. But inside, I don't think there anything that can help. If it worked for you, good for you, but I don't see how it could have prevented my encounter by any means, and imo I suspect the problem is with the rubber lining itself, disintegrating prematurely. doh.gif
westlife
post Sep 9 2018, 10:50 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,302 posts

QUOTE(CAL V @ Sep 9 2018, 10:13 PM)
Not sure if you truly understand what I've been referring all this while, it's the rubber lining around the screen bezel, that prevents the screen from touching the keyboard and preventing dust from getting in. Go feel it around your MBP screen. (touch it gently  biggrin.gif )

I saw some photos of the Moshi case, it will not surpass the rubber gasket in terms of coverage, can even see from the photos on their website. Or else it will prohibit the lid from closing properly. What happened to me was one part of the gasket broke/chipped off, and the said case will not be able to prevent that, and the said case will also not prevent the rubber from leaving a black mark on the palm rest.

No offence on using a case, it still protects a lot of the external impact. But inside, I don't think there anything that can help. If it worked for you, good for you, but I don't see how it could have prevented my encounter by any means, and imo I suspect the problem is with the rubber lining itself, disintegrating prematurely.  doh.gif
so far no issue for me. i dun have any permanent marking. tongue.gif

importantly, as long as the case protects my macbook scratches or dents, and preserve the pristine condition, it is good for me.
considered the price of the macbook, even with a minor scratch or dent, i will be super heartpain. most importantly, it irritates me every single moment since i will see it anytime i use the macbook.

This post has been edited by westlife: Sep 9 2018, 10:52 PM
blibala
post Sep 10 2018, 01:40 AM

Regular
1,775 posts

QUOTE(CAL V @ Sep 9 2018, 09:40 PM)

I don't bring it out much to use at the university, except for assignments. 5 days of a week it will stay on the desk in my room and I'll bring it back home on weekends. When I bring it out, it'll be in the pouch, slot into a normal padded backpack and normal load in the backpack (at most an inch thick of A4 notes). And it will develop that mark when I open it afterwards, looks like some sort of rubbing and material transfer. Maybe "lemon" rubber?  laugh.gif

This turned into a rant, but also exactly what I felt after owning it since the pre-order of this generation first available here in late 2016.  sad.gif
I have the same problem. Black rubber mark along the palm rest area. Have to wipe harder to clean it and come back few times using it. Very annoying.

But i dont have the tiny hole issue. Is this a defect? I am mbp 13 2016 version

This post has been edited by blibala: Sep 10 2018, 01:41 AM
tutuyao
post Sep 10 2018, 12:25 PM

noob
870 posts

QUOTE(CAL V @ Sep 9 2018, 09:06 PM)
Yeah, it definitely cracked. But I have no idea how, I treat my Macbook quite carefully and nothing goes near the screen. Definitely not going to send it for AASP just to replace that one gasket, god knows how much it cost.  sweat.gif

hey bro, do share your experience with me after you replaced the keyboard.

am going back to malaysia next month for 1 week, hopefully enough time to get the keyboard replaced. (as i heard they need to order parts from SG)

keys having problem: X, F, G, H, J

vomit blood... either type skali but kena double entry or nothing at all doh.gif
CAL V
post Sep 10 2018, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
242 posts

QUOTE(blibala @ Sep 10 2018, 01:40 AM)
I have the same problem. Black rubber mark along the palm rest area. Have to wipe harder to clean it and come back few times using it. Very annoying.

I guess ours are from the same batch/revision with the same type of rubber, hence, behave in similar fashion. Try to use a very very soft pencil eraser, I use Stabilo exam grade, make sure the eraser is clean before doing it, rub a few times on a clean paper first then rub very gently and slowly on your MBP. And also careful not to have rubber bits gets stuck in the keyboard, trackpad or speaker grille, they will not come out easily and possibly cause you issue.

Safer method is use 70% or higher Isopropyl alcohol and rub with a clean soft cloth, a little goes a long way.

The holes are not defects from factory, I believe is the rubber caught some sand particle or alike and I closed it without noticing, the newer macbooks have very fine sandblasted surface, so any blemishes shows up a lot more obvious. sweat.gif

I'll ask the AASP rep how much is it to replace that when I send mine for kb replacement. If they want to charge for diagnostics or change the whole screen then I'll definitely just leave it as is or find third party solution, I saw the part online, just a rubber gasket and not more.

QUOTE(tutuyao @ Sep 10 2018, 12:25 PM)
hey bro, do share your experience with me after you replaced the keyboard.
am going back to malaysia next month for 1 week, hopefully enough time to get the keyboard replaced. (as i heard they need to order parts from SG)
keys having problem: X, F, G, H, J
vomit blood... either type skali but kena double entry or nothing at all  doh.gif
I'm not sending mine in until 21st Sep or later, not free and it's my only laptop for now, if I get it back earlier than Oct I'll update here. My caps lock is a bit "sticky" and clicks way louder than the other keys since day 1, and my "." needs more force than usual to register or press too hard and it double register since 2-3 months ago.

Saw one forumer posted on last page (#1407) that he/she got a gen 2 (erm technically gen 3 butterfly?) keyboard after the replacement at HK. I do hope that we can also get the updated version and save us from issues down the road or past the replacement program. Still thinking whether to send it to MacCity which is nearer to my uni or Thundermatch back at home town which I can collect easier during my sem break.
MooTikPin
post Sep 10 2018, 07:47 PM

On my way
574 posts

Changed battery and keyboard for my 2016 mbp at the Apple store at three two square PJ, damn fast service

Few days got back ady. All good.

No need to queue and no parking issue. The experience is Better than going to gardens
CAL V
post Sep 11 2018, 01:53 AM

Getting Started
242 posts

QUOTE(MooTikPin @ Sep 10 2018, 07:47 PM)
Changed battery and keyboard for my 2016 mbp at the Apple store at three two square PJ, damn fast service

Few days got back ady. All good.

No need to queue and no parking issue. The experience is  Better than going to gardens
Is the battery also replaced under the keyboard replacement program foc? Saw some tear down guide that it requires to almost disassemble the whole MacBook pro to access the keyboard.

And is it the updated version of keyboard or just the same like what it came with? Just curious as I’m also sending in mine soon.
Xirality
post Sep 11 2018, 05:02 AM

10k Club
Group Icon
12,170 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Sep 9 2018, 09:58 PM)
I'm using the same too, stealth edition. Looks good and works great.
westlife
post Sep 11 2018, 09:08 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,302 posts

QUOTE(Xirality @ Sep 11 2018, 05:02 AM)
I'm using the same too, stealth edition. Looks good and works great.
yup, I love Moshi’s product a lot. 😍
Xirality
post Sep 11 2018, 05:09 PM

10k Club
Group Icon
12,170 posts

QUOTE(blibala @ Sep 10 2018, 01:40 AM)

I have this issue too for my Retina MBP 15 2012, I think its something to do with where you store your mbp. Might be temperature or humidity that wear down the rubber gasket over time. I could be wrong tho.

77 Pages « < 70 71 72 73 74 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0145sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:40 PM