Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> microsoft license assitance programme

alien3d
post Jun 29 2017, 09:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(deyamato @ Jun 6 2017, 04:50 PM)
3rd time they email to me, lol.

technically they just ignore my last email replied them earlier i submitted since 2012.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

[attachmentid=8878623]
i have read the pdf.. and iwould said "THEY DON'T have AUTHORITY" ..It's just education program.. y need a warrant to check.

Do please NEVER EVER GIVE SERIAL NUMBER AND LICENSE KEY to them to verify..

This post has been edited by alien3d: Jun 29 2017, 10:02 AM
anakkk
post Jun 29 2017, 09:57 AM

On my way

well those are private properties, you can ignore them actually
Garyu87
post Jun 29 2017, 04:00 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(deyamato @ Jun 6 2017, 04:50 PM)
3rd time they email to me, lol.

technically they just ignore my last email replied them earlier i submitted since 2012.

[attachmentid=8878623]
I got the same email from this Azam too and call me every week. He is blur and forgets that he called and email me before(Telling me his system tracking issue). Furthermore, today he sent a stupid email with the content that I didn't receive the affidavit:

This email is threatening and intimidating when I've already cooperating with him to provide the licenses without the keys on the agreed date.

If he keeps on sending these threatening and intimidating emails, I'll just email him to go look for our distributor, vendor, provider, and Microsoft to check themselves and i'll ignore them.

anakkk
post Jun 29 2017, 05:09 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Garyu87 @ Jun 29 2017, 04:00 PM)
I got the same email from this Azam too and call me every week. He is blur and forgets that he called and email me before(Telling me his system tracking issue). Furthermore, today he sent a stupid email with the content that I didn't receive the affidavit:

This email is threatening and intimidating when I've already cooperating with him to provide the licenses without the keys on the agreed date.

If he keeps on sending these threatening and intimidating emails, I'll just email him to go look for our distributor, vendor, provider, and Microsoft to check themselves and i'll ignore them.
if your company has lawyer, ask him to talk to the lawyer.
deyamato
post Jun 30 2017, 08:16 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Garyu87 @ Jun 29 2017, 04:00 PM)

Just received that email exactly sentence they copy and paste. blush.gif
netmatrix
post Jul 5 2017, 02:33 AM

The machine... it sees everything.

You should look at this. But remember this is from another country. It may not apply here, but it is interesting.

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1476884-bsa-letter

While i have actually looked into at a similar scam just by tracing back the telephone number few years back. This new BSA one is kind of fishy also.

Why does BSA needs a sub web page to do their job when t he main BSA site already has Malaysia country listed in it?

http://ww2.bsa.org/country.aspx?sc_lang=ms-MY

Dig deeper

https://www.whois.com/whois/bsa.org

https://www.whois.com/whois/mysoftwarewatch.org

Why do they need to have separate entity here? Also that time BSA usually audits number of computers and software versions. Now they ask for serial number? That is really red flag.

Autodesk already does not require BSA services when they are doing the checking themselves. And also changing their business model to subscriber based.

Adobe is also doing the same thing by changing to subscriber based.

When we called back to ask for the fella and we said we e-mailed the details of the softwares, they will still send emails and at times call. This makes BSA really weird and desperate.
TheMrBinary
post Jul 5 2017, 05:19 AM

63 72 69 70 70 6c 69 6e 67 20 64 65 70 72 65 73 73 69 6f 6e

They want your sweet juicy free money
angel-girl
post Jul 6 2017, 12:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!

i told them just escalate to BSA and stop bothering me, and i ask them to come over and do the audit lol. they dissapeared right after i told her i got a lawyer and anything you can talk to the lawyer.
junclj
post Jul 8 2017, 11:43 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(angel-girl @ Jan 11 2017, 10:01 AM)
received call from microsoft license assistance programme campaign and requested my company for the proof of purchase and COA of all the microsoft products.
all of the available infos sent last 2 years yet they called every week and told me many of the proofs not accepted. and some of the pc only has COA without invoice.some of the pc using windows xp and it has been 10 years,we did not keep the invoice, even COA given but they said they need invoice. i got annoyed and ask them come over to audit and they said they dont do onsite audit. And yesterday ,another girl called me said will escalate the case to BSA for futher action.

anyone having the same difficulty?

thanks
So far, Malaysia don't have a law to strict company to proof any Microsoft products must have invoices. Just ignore them, if they are calling from the US. They don't have authority to involve in Malaysia laws. So what I can say, this is probably a scam call. You should report to MCMC if you are still receiving this kind of calls.

Your company PC Microsoft license is only managed by MCMC. If MCMC take action to come check your office computers, then they can saman you if you are using pirated Windows. However, so far, Malaysia don't have this kind of law to strict company to use only genuine Windows. Even now many company PC got problem, they sent their PC to repair. The technician was helped them to format the pirated version of Windows. I am experienced in PC. If the PC is not genuine, I can easily find out there must be left some KMS activation tools in the windows folder. So, the IT industry in Malaysia is still not as mature as like the developed countries. The law of IT copyright in Malaysia still quite blur, not mature.

This post has been edited by junclj: Jul 8 2017, 11:55 AM

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0614sec    2.74    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th November 2017 - 02:48 AM