Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Life In a Rut, Opinion Needed

views

sscloudstrifey
post Feb 2 2017, 12:54 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

I went through those times though, for me what helps for me is to not give a fuck , lel.
Like seriously, if anything goes wrong then just keep going forward, you can't change what happened, you are bound to make mistake as a human, the question is how you bounce back. Of course, I also have a period where I just give up on life, and when that happens, just let yourself feel whatever you want to feel , you cry , you get angry just do whatever, but never stay down that long , you gotta find a way to tough it out, life is too short to stay on your knees.

You see, in the end, it's your heart that controls the way you see life, my situation didn't change, I am still in the rut as I was 5 years ago, the only thing that changed was my perception of life, I choose to be happy, I choose to let go of my past, my mistakes and I started to accept things the way they are. Things are bound to go wrong, this is life anyway but somehow I found a way to go through my fears and my problems in another light eventhough I'm a mess, was a mess and is still a mess. But I am a happy little mess now, so I don't mind lol.

I hope one day you find your happiness one day TS, a reason to live happily. Long live and prosper bro biggrin.gif
TSfuserdef
post Feb 3 2017, 09:21 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(heavensea @ Jan 31 2017, 09:08 PM)
Ya bro, screw it. You're your own bossi mah.
我命由我不由天。
thanks bro
TSfuserdef
post Feb 3 2017, 09:23 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(TheDonald @ Feb 1 2017, 08:18 PM)
To me I take life positively and always with a sense of gratitude which helps a lot when I'm feel down due to unfavorable situations/conditions. The point is to be positive even in the worst of moments.

I would also recommend TS to view things differently with regards to the rut that you are in currently. Try to learn something or even take/create opportunities from whatever situation you're in.

And don't forget to be kind to others and take care of your health. If work/life gets you down put on your running or gym shoes, give yourself a great workout so you will feel and look awesome.
thanks Donald, i agree with you on the running part ! but i guess forgetting/letting go is hard.. at least for me.
TSfuserdef
post Feb 3 2017, 09:28 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(sscloudstrifey @ Feb 2 2017, 12:54 AM)
I went through those times though, for me what helps for me is to not give a fuck , lel.
Like seriously, if anything goes wrong then just keep going forward, you can't change what happened, you are bound to make mistake as a human, the question is how you bounce back. Of course, I also have a period where I just give up on life, and when that happens, just let yourself feel whatever you want to feel , you cry , you get angry just do whatever, but never stay down that long , you gotta find a way to tough it out, life is too short to stay on your knees.

You see, in the end, it's your heart that controls the way you see life, my situation didn't change, I am still in the rut as I was 5 years ago, the only thing that changed was my perception of life, I choose to be happy, I choose to let go of my past, my mistakes and I started to accept things the way they are. Things are bound to go wrong, this is life anyway but somehow I found a way to go through my fears and my problems in another light eventhough I'm a mess, was a mess and is still a mess. But I am a happy little mess now, so I don't mind lol.

I hope one day you find your happiness one day TS, a reason to live happily. Long live and prosper bro  biggrin.gif
thanks for taking the time to express yourself.

Is that what growing up is like ? i.e. being a happy mess ? because if it is, don't you think its sad ? like merely looking at life positively, but at the back of your head, before you fall asleep, those mess will creep in your thoughts and boom, you are back in the shit again....i don't know how ppl do it, its been 3 years ish now and although the brunt of the pain has blown over, the constant numbing still lingers... ppl must be so incredibly strong to get over it..
sscloudstrifey
post Feb 3 2017, 10:02 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(fuserdef @ Feb 3 2017, 09:28 PM)
thanks for taking the time to express yourself.

Is that what growing up is like ? i.e. being a happy mess ? because if it is, don't you think its sad ? like merely looking at life positively, but at the back of your head, before you fall asleep, those mess will creep in your thoughts and boom, you are back in the shit again....i don't know how ppl do it, its been 3 years ish now and although the brunt of the pain has blown over, the constant numbing still lingers... ppl must be so incredibly strong to get over it..
yeap, growing up im always behind my siblings, always average, never done anything significant. In the end I felt insecure, I felt unhappy and in the end I got severely depressed and you see I used to cut myself just so that I could feel something, I got that adrenaline rush whenever I cut myself. But then one day, I decided that all this has got to stop, I don't want to wake up everyday and just cry, feel lifeless. It takes time bro, but you got to teach your heart to learn to accept things and make up with your past and present. And then somehow, my heart got better, my situation did not change but my perspective of life did. I started doing what I like, I went hiking, I went out with friends, this won't take a day though, training your heart to be happy, it takes time, a took me 4 years to get out of depression, I crawled out of depression and now I'm a happy mess. We are all going to die, it's up to you to decide if you wanna be happy along the way or live sadly. I hope you will feel that spark in your life one day okay, I found my way , I hope you will too. smile.gif
Npad
post Feb 4 2017, 11:58 AM

Casual
356 posts

The single best thing that I have ever done for myself to deal with crippling depression and suicidal ideation is strength training. It has taught me discipline, dedication, mental toughness, self-confidence and patience. A 250kg deadlift will not happen in a year, or 2 years, or even 3 years. It's the same with life, you will not reach your dreams and goals in a year or even a decade. It takes time, it takes a shit load of dedication.

So in the end, I might not actually be able to reach a 250kg deadlift, but hey, you know what, I became strong as hell in the process, I made lots of good friends along the way, I learned lots of valuable knowledge about training and programming, I can finally bridal carry my SO. Do you know how degrading it feels to be the guy who cannot even bridal carry or piggy back his SO? In life, so what if you don't become the next Elon Musk, put in the damn work and watch your life get more fulfilled along the way. There's nothing more toxic than the line of thinking, "I'm not going to succeed anyway, why bother trying". Well guess what, you miss 100% of the shots you never even take.

No I'm not trying to be motivational and shit here. What I'm trying to say is one of the best way to fix your mental and your life is to fix your body. It's the easiest thing to control, significantly much easier to control as compared to controlling your life or your depression. Trust me, I've been through the same exact shit. Get into training. Pick a physical sport, set a goal and train for it. Cultivate those values and watch your life improve along the way.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0118sec    0.55    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:14 PM